Where can I find OGD 114?

sgoalie26
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My wife and I went to Kentucky last fall for our anniversary and after reading all the praise for OGD 114, I picked up a bottle while we were there. I'll admit that I did not care much for it the first couple pours, but after it was open for about 3 weeks it became my favorite. I've been going to it as sparingly as I can stand but I am no down to just a couple pours left and am starting to panic. Does anyone know anywhere near Charlotte, NC that may carry OGD 114. I know that NC ABC stores do not carry it and Frugal MacDoogals in Fort Mill does not have it either. Is there anywhere else in northern SC that may have it or where might the closest place be to get it? Or do I have wait until we plan another trip to Kentucky? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm surprised Frigals in ft mill doesn't have it. The one in columbia does. Most larger cola area stores have it but may not always be available. I'll look around Myrtle Beach this weekend.

Not a bad option...

i only go through 1-2 bottles of it a year, but since introducing friends to it, a number of them claim it as their favorite, so stocking up would assure cheap b-day presents for some time if nothing else

sgoalie - Take a road trip to the Virginia ABC store closest to you (go to http://www.abc.state.va.us then click on Stores & Products then Store Information then Hours and Locations). You can call the store first and ask them to set some aside (stock number 020116) for you. Usually, it's on the shelf but sometimes they have to get some from the warehouse, about a two week wait. About $23 per plus tax.

What Fox said. Ever since Squire talked favorably about OGD114 sometime last year, thus convincing me to try it, I've not been without at least two in the bunker even though I don't drink it regularly.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
had to add the URL & price

OGD 114 is a favorite of mine, I always have a bottle open. It's only 20 bucks here... hopefully price/availability don't change much.

What Fox said. Ever since Squire talked favorably about OGD114 sometime last year, thus convincing me to try it, I've not been without at least two in the bunker even though I don't drink it regularly.

Thanks to squire, a lot of us have bunkers full of OGDBIB and OGD114.

Thanks to squire, a lot of us have bunkers full of OGDBIB and OGD114.

Yup. Whatever thread that was, that was the thread.

Squire may be singlehandedly responsible for convincing Suntory of the viability of a repositioning relaunch.

I'm surprised Frigals in ft mill doesn't have it. The one in columbia does. Most larger cola area stores have it but may not always be available. I'll look around Myrtle Beach this weekend.

Yeah, I was banking on them having it with everything I've heard about them. But, I called yesterday and specifically asked if they "normally stock" 114 and he said they just have "regular" OGD. I can get OGD and OGDBiB at NC stores. Thanks, we don't normally go to Myrtle but I'll check if I'm in Columbia any time soon.

sgoalie - Take a road trip to the Virginia ABC store closest to you (go to http://www.abc.state.va.us then click on Stores & Products then Store Information then Hours and Locations). You can call the store first and ask them to set some aside (stock number 020116) for you. Usually, it's on the shelf but sometimes they have to get some from the warehouse, about a two week wait. About $23 per plus tax.

Thanks. This is probably what I'll do. It looks like the stores in Hillsville and Galax are less than 2 hours away. Might can make it a nice little day trip sometime. The drive up 77 right before and after the state line is really pretty and there is an antique store that my wife really liked in Fancy Gap.

I'm the same. Have a couple bunkered and only drink from time to time. But if I need to bring a bottle to a party this goes with me, in the nice box as well.

Suprised this is hard to find though.

My wife and I went to Kentucky last fall for our anniversary and after reading all the praise for OGD 114, I picked up a bottle while we were there. I'll admit that I did not care much for it the first couple pours, but after it was open for about 3 weeks it became my favorite. I've been going to it as sparingly as I can stand but I am no down to just a couple pours left and am starting to panic. Does anyone know anywhere near Charlotte, NC that may carry OGD 114. I know that NC ABC stores do not carry it and Frugal MacDoogals in Fort Mill does not have it either. Is there anywhere else in northern SC that may have it or where might the closest place be to get it? Or do I have wait until we plan another trip to Kentucky? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the 114 available in Ohio at all?

ODG 114 is not listed on the Ohio Liquor Control Web Database. I'm sure OLC is watching out for our health and safety by keeping these high proof offerings out of the Buckeye State.

I visit Mercer County, PA regularly and stock up there.

It's interesting about availability. In my small area to shop for liquor, I can only find OGD114 in one liquor store on a regular basis. That's one out of six liquor retailers (counting CVS and one grocery store), and the joint is one of seedier places to buy liquor in my county. They stock the full complement of OGD (86, BiB, and 114) whereas other joints don't have anything. Regardless, OGD114 is damn fine stuff. Of the Beam products out there, OGDBiB and 114 are the ones I buy the most often with KC a distant third. The current bottle of OGD114 I have in the cabinet is outstanding and dangerously drinkable.

Since I worked in my dad's liquor store when I was in my early 20s, after an OGD promotion was over, I've was given a wooden OGD display case/shelving unit that I still have and now stands in my garage. During my college days, it functioned as a fine bookcase. Nothing like OGD to impress the ladies...

This whole discussion makes me think we need to start a disinformation campaign about how OGDBiB and OGD114 are horrible.

This whole discussion makes me think we need to start a disinformation campaign about how OGDBiB and OGD114 are horrible.

I'll back you on that 100%!

I'll back you on that 100%!

looks like OGD 114 is turning into another Rittenhouse, Weller OWA, Elmer T Lee, etc...my local honey hole raised prices from $17 to $24. It was only a matter of time.

looks like OGD 114 is turning into another Rittenhouse, Weller OWA, Elmer T Lee, etc...my local honey hole raised prices from $17 to $24. It was only a matter of time.

Not really. Your local had it significantly underpriced compared to market. Now, they are pretty much in line. But yes, it was only a matter of time before they realized their margins sucked . :lol:

I keep wondering what the new price point of 114 will be once the new OGDBIB/MSRP takes effect. $30? $35? I grabbed 4 this week, at $21, as a buffer. I dont see 114 getting scarce, I just see the price going up.

Well, it's pretty certain that its price can't stay equal to (or when on sale, less than) the OGD BIB new label. I hope the bump's no more than the OGD BIB bump, about $2 per 750.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.