Which Water of Life did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2015

amg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My store had the Ardbeg Perpetuum and a few of the Japanese single malts on the shelf. I have not seen any reviews that make them a must have.

I tried the Perpetuum recently and found it unremarkable at best. Recent Ardbeg releases have seemed to be more miss than hit to me.

Thanks for the input on the Perpetuum. At that price I am glad I waited. I will use the funds on something I know I like. I need a few more of the Glendronach 15 Revival before the drought hits.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a scotch drinker, but I saw an Old Malt Cask, Glenturret, Distilled Nov 1986, Bottled July 2000. Thought it was interesting and might pick it up for a friend. Anyone have experience with Glenturret?

My local store has a bunch of the recently discontinued Balvenie 15 SB for $59.99. It's always there so I only buy when I want one. The clientele of this particular store is more of the bourbon crowd and the nicer single malts tend to sit around.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I tasted the Ainsley Brae Sauterne and Sherry cask finishes at TW&M this morning. The Sauterne has the fruity sweetness of the wine, but not much in the way of complexity or finish. It would be a nice simple after dinner dram. The Sherry cask expression was not worth tasting. I did not care for this one a little bit. Both are young, of mediocre quality, over priced and hyped by the staff for a NDP NAS. These list for $30 in Phoenix. :skep:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.