Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm glad to see that this stuff seems to be pretty readily available.  I'm having a tasting party in a few weeks that will be focused on rye, and I may have to get a bottle of this stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

My local had a "manager's special" on the CR rye for $19.99 for much of the fall.  I finally got around to trying it and liked it quite a bit.  After I cracked the bottle it got lapped up pretty quickly by my wife and I at home so I went back to pick some up and of course it was up to $29.99. 

I've never had any Canadian whiskey's, and am not particularly fond of rye, but I picked this one up a few days ago because my curiosity got the best of me because of all the hype.  I must say, it is very delicious to me.  While it does have quite a rye bite on entry, it quickly qives way to nice fruity, honey and vanilla flavors, and the finish also leaves you with a lasting vanilla taste.

This bottle is causing me to re-think my aversion to rye! I'm not sure I'd give it the World Whisky of the Year award, but I do agree with Jim Murray's tasting notes on this one.

I will be going back for a few extra bottles today as they are readily available and only $33.

Edited by starhopper

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2016, 2:21:23, starhopper said:

This bottle is causing me to re-think my aversion to rye! I'm not sure I'd give it the World Whisky of the Year award, but I do agree with Jim Murray's tasting notes on this one.

This is perhaps the softest rye I've had, so you not being big on rye I can see why you'd enjoy this. After it breaths once you're half way down the bottle you'll start tasting gram cracker, quite tasty.

3 hours ago, SebastianLloyd said:

once you're half way down the bottle you'll start tasting gram cracker, quite tasty.

I do, in fact, taste the "graham cracker" flavor - simply a delicious drink.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.