What Drives You To Drink?

dSculptor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ok... kind of a rant thread.. let it all out.. What really drives you to drink?

Mine........ barkin' ... yappin'.... *$#%&* dogs ..... all day long, I don't blame the dog, but it's owner's,... do they not think that any one else hears this thing yappin? Very inconsiderate...... A dog is only as smart as it's owner...... <...end of rant....>

Go ahead your turn...

The only thing that really drives me to drink are Bears games. I am German-Irish, drinking is expected on all days ending in Y

I just like the taste of good beverages. :icon_pidu:

Now, the neighbor behind me has a blood hound and a basset hound! The idiot up the street has a beagle and a few muts. All the neighbors have dogs! I hate them during the first year or so of non-stop barking and the owners yelling at them to shut up. I also hate being able to smell when the popper scooper needs to be used! :smiley_acbt:

Hmmmm, I guess I have no 'rant' to add. I don't generally enjoy a pour very much when I'm 'steamed'... therefor, I don't pour very often when it happens.

I find the enhancement provided by an enjoyable pour is maximized when the mood is calm and mellow, or jovial, especially with family and/or friends to share & enjoy it. ...But, that's just me.

THE UNENDING DISAPPOINTMENT WITH MY LIFE!!!!!

j/k I like the way it tastes and the feeling that comes with sharing good drink with friends and family.

The only thing that really drives me to drink are Bears games. I am German-Irish, drinking is expected on all days ending in Y

Hmmmm, I guess I have no 'rant' to add. I don't generally enjoy a pour very much when I'm 'steamed'... therefor, I don't pour very often when it happens.

I find the enhancement provided by an enjoyable pour is maximized when the mood is calm and mellow, or jovial, especially with family and/or friends to share & enjoy it. ...But, that's just me.

Mrs. F. says there are two reasons to drink bourbon: Celebration and consolation. She also says we should find the little treasures in every day. Fortunately, we don't need a lot of consolation.

I drink just to relax. I enjoy the flavor, calming effect and experience. It is much more enjoyable when sharing a drink with family or friends. However, it is also enjoyable after a long, especially physically taxing day as a way to relax and reflect.

Unfortunately, I may be one of those dog owners. I have a 16 year old beagle who is partially blind, mostly deaf and has a broken sniffer. She just started "barking" a couple of years ago. She has taken to barking just to let us know she is there. The vet says that is how she compensates for diminished senses. Before that she was pretty quiet unless she caught the scent of an animal in the yard. At 16, those days are gone. Now, animals cut through our yard because they know she can't catch them. Of course, she spends most of the day sleeping so she isn't barking all the time.

I drink just to relax. I enjoy the flavor, calming effect and experience. It is much more enjoyable when sharing a drink with family or friends. However, it is also enjoyable after a long, especially physically taxing day as a way to relax and reflect.

Unfortunately, I may be one of those dog owners. I have a 16 year old beagle who is partially blind, mostly deaf and has a broken sniffer. She just started "barking" a couple of years ago. She has taken to barking just to let us know she is there. The vet says that is how she compensates for diminished senses. Before that she was pretty quiet unless she caught the scent of an animal in the yard. At 16, those days are gone. Now, animals cut through our yard because they know she can't catch them. Of course, she spends most of the day sleeping so she isn't barking all the time.

Our oldest dog has developed cataracts over the past couple years, and she has definitely gotten more vocal to compensate! I feel for you guys.

The taste and smell and mouthfeel. I don't rant when I drink because I can never remember where I am in the argument I am constructing. I don't drink angry because I know from experience I'd miss the taste and smell and mouthfeel.

:D. Broo, your description of your pooch reminds me of that old "Lost Dog" poster joke:

"LOST DOG"

Black and Tan Poodle/German Shepherd Mix

Blind in right eye.

Only three legs.

Left ear missing.

No hair on tail.

Flea bitten.

Recently castrated.

Answers to the name, "Lucky".

I'll echo numerous others in that there isn't anything that drives me to drink. I'm pretty even keeled and it's pretty hard for me to end up in a super bad mood or end up in a place that makes think "man I really need a drink!" I drink bourbon for the taste and experience and do so to enhance a time of relaxation and as a reward for a job well done, or simply as a way to cap off a long day. It's my time to chill and temporarily set aside responsibilities and the stress of daily life. It also connects me to Kentucky which reminds me of home (Cincinnati) and the rolling hills and hot and humid summers. Bourbon is really the only thing that gets me going like this. I don't care for other spirits and can't drink beer anymore. Bourbon is special. I don't know how else to say it.

The taste of course. And drinking something that someone spent a lot of time making. It makes you appreciate it more.

Probably all of the reasons listed above...

But I'm not gonna lie. That buzz, when you're not really drunk, but definitely not sober. It's a lovely side effect. As long as you at least remember to hide the good stuff, after this point.

Nowadays it is mostly Uber! When I am foolish enough to leave the house, that is...

Probably all of the reasons listed above...

But I'm not gonna lie. That buzz, when you're not really drunk, but definitely not sober. It's a lovely side effect. As long as you at least remember to hide the good stuff, after this point.

Edited by dSculptor

I think the best line about this was from a Mad Men epsiode - from Roger Sterling: "

...we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Either way it is a good thing...

Cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.