What Drives You To Drink?

dSculptor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Currently, my boss.

I hear you dkn. :banghead:

I hear you dkn. :banghead:

My boss is, and I don't use this term lightly, flippantly, or with exaggeration, a sociopath. My brown water consumption has dramatically increased since I started this job 18 months ago. Luckily there is light at the end of this horror film tunnel.

As for me, I live with a wife, two daughters and my MIL. 'Nuff said.

For a moment there I thought that said "MILF." If my MIL lived with us I'd need more than booze. I'd be learning how to tie a noose.

I love the taste and smell and of course the effect. But I rarely drink for effect, if I did that I would just buy vodka. But stuff that pisses me off, bosses, other people in traffic etc etc.

My boss is, and I don't use this term lightly, flippantly, or with exaggeration, a sociopath. My brown water consumption has dramatically increased since I started this job 18 months ago. Luckily there is light at the end of this horror film tunnel.

dkn...you Need to read "Coaching the Toxic Leader." This was discussed at a conference I was at today. Just google the title. It's a great read.

For a moment there I thought that said "MILF."

That would be my wife.:grin:

Happiness drives me to drink.

Seriously. It's odd. When I'm feeling down or mad I actually feel less like drinking than when I am feeling happy.

Mrs. F. says there are two reasons to drink bourbon: Celebration and consolation. She also says we should find the little treasures in every day. Fortunately, we don't need a lot of consolation.

This.

Perfectly said.

Happiness drives me to drink.

Seriously. It's odd. When I'm feeling down or mad I actually feel less like drinking than when I am feeling happy.

Well said. There's a quote I vaguely remember from somewhere out there "I don't drink to feel good. I drink to feel even better"

I'll do evaluative drinking when I'm in an off-mood - like re-familiarizing with a profile I've forgotten. Training type stuff. But not very much.

I have used it a little to take the physical edge and drudgery off of labor, like reorganizing my storage spaces recently.

The only thing that really drives me to drink are Bears games. I am German-Irish, drinking is expected on all days ending in Y

LOL. You should try being a Raiders fan! :rolleyes:

Colorado Rockies pitching.

(Actually, it insults the word "pitching" to say that Rockies hurlers engage in it.)

Nothing much has ever "driven" me to have a drink. Although I did just reach for the Stagg Jr when my oldest son proudly showed me his first piercing.

Nothing much has ever "driven" me to have a drink. Although I did just reach for the Stagg Jr when my oldest son proudly showed me his first piercing.

Are you SURE it's his first?????

Ah yes, the Reds. My lifelong baseball team. Driving us to drink since 1991.

Better than those poor hapless Cubs fans!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.