Booker's named batches

danz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I can't remember what it's called but I talked to a representative from Beam who told me the next batch is ready to ship and should be in the stores soon. I have all of them up to the Oven Buster. All the stores around me are still selling through their supply of Center Cut. I've been really enjoying the Center Cut and for the past couple of months it's been on sale for $44.99.

I saw Batch 2015-5 today. I think it is called Maw Maw's batch. It was $44.99 so we are probably thinking of the same chain. I still see Center Cut on the shelves. Which batch do you think is the best? Are any of the batches better than standard Booker's?

I much prefer my bottle of oven buster, over center cut. Center cut has a strong grassy note to me. Perhaps I got a dud bottle. But I hate grassy notes in my bourbon.

I saw Batch 2015-5 today. I think it is called Maw Maw's batch. It was $44.99 so we are probably thinking of the same chain. I still see Center Cut on the shelves. Which batch do you think is the best? Are any of the batches better than standard Booker's?

I like Center Cut better than regular Bookers. I have not opened the first two in the series yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2015, 8:30:15, mbroo5880i said:

Are any of the batches better than standard Booker's?

thats it, I quit

Yes.......all of these named batches ARE standard Booker's. The only thing different about them are uniques names for the batches.

On December 9, 2015 at 10:16:27 PM, flahute said:

Yes.......all of these named batches ARE standard Booker's. The only thing different about them are uniques names for the batches.

I'm such a block head. I wasn't thinking of them as just being from different parts of the warehouse. I'll stick to my comment that I like the center cut the best so far.

45 minutes ago, Sluggo said:

I'm such a block head. I wasn't thinking of them as just being from different parts of the warehouse. I'll stick to my comment that I like the center cut the best so far.

They are not just from different parts of the rickhouse, they are different ages (and proofs).  Each release is unique but it's still "regular" Bookers.

Wait, if you think about it, each release is a "Limited Edition".  Oh no, don't tell anybody or Booker's will become the next hard to find bourbon. :D 

10 hours ago, meadeweber said:

They are not just from different parts of the rickhouse, they are different ages (and proofs).  Each release is unique but it's still "regular" Bookers.

Wait, if you think about it, each release is a "Limited Edition".  Oh no, don't tell anybody or Booker's will become the next hard to find bourbon. :D 

Annnnd... that's exactly what they want you to think, as well as view it (so you have to have every one of them)!

With that said, every barrel is a LE... isn't it? 

Damn... with that logic, the price of HH6 BIB just went up 400%!  :lol: 

Marketing sucks when it good, doesn't it? 

has anyone tried all (or most) of the 2015 batches?  I'm curious what the opinions of which one(s) is(are) the best.

Some persons expressed opinions on which batch they preferred early in this thread.  I really don't have a favorite among the three I have, and none of those earlier posts moved my current non-opinion.  Each has things I like although I can't think of one that has something I don't like.  I realize this is no help, but I personally think that Booker's @ $55 or less is worth the price.  ANY Booker's.  

On 12/11/2015, 3:05:18, meadeweber said:

And is this why the Dot Batch was being sold for $110 at a store by me? Ridiculous.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have any info as to where I might find some Booker's Noe Secret.  I got the Bluegrass batch and I like it very much but I hear that Noe Secret is a better one probably meaning none available, lol.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Facebook pages......though to be honest there is a growing demand for roundtable batches. I still know where there are at least 5 bottles sitting on a shelf. 

On 6/4/2016 at 9:44 PM, koRn said:

Facebook pages......though to be honest there is a growing demand for roundtable batches. 

I wouldn't advise chasing specific batches of Booker's. I'd make an exception for the 10th anniversary or the 25th anniversary bottling. 

I still see it around a lot. Try some smaller stores.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

On 6/3/2016 at 6:28 PM, Tennessee Dave said:

Does anyone have any info as to where I might find some Booker's Noe Secret.  I got the Bluegrass batch and I like it very much but I hear that Noe Secret is a better one probably meaning none available, lol.  Thanks in advance for your help.

On 6/4/2016 at 7:44 AM, koRn said:

Facebook pages......though to be honest there is a growing demand for roundtable batches. I still know where there are at least 5 bottles sitting on a shelf. 

I've personally seen it around still, but as you can see from this thread, it's just a really good marketing gimmick to get people to buy more Booker's.  so as others have said, I wouldn't pay more than msrp for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand Bookers started naming the batches in 2015 such that a name is assigned to each batch. For example, 2015-05 release is called Maw Maw's. However,  in Canada, this one's label doesn't have the name but just batch number. Is this the same Maw Maw's or a different bottling?  I also saw a 2016-01E labeled bottle without the name Bluegrass. What's the deal here?

2016-06-19 21.49.15.jpg

14 minutes ago, Frederico said:

I understand Bookers started naming the batches in 2015 such that a name is assigned to each batch. For example, 2015-05 release is called Maw Maw's. However,  in Canada, this one's label doesn't have the name but just batch number. Is this the same Maw Maw's or a different bottling?  I also saw a 2016-01E labeled bottle without the name Bluegrass. What's the deal here?

2016-06-19 21.49.15.jpg

This is the 2016-01E release. Again, it doesn't have Bluegrass name

2016-06-19 21.48.50.jpg

The 2015-05 matches the age and proof of Maw Maw's batch, but the 2016-01E does not match the Bluegrass proof (and I can't read the age). My guess is that the "E" stands for export and that the 2016-01E is indeed a different batch than the American 2016-01. 

5 hours ago, jsrudd said:

The 2015-05 matches the age and proof of Maw Maw's batch, but the 2016-01E does not match the Bluegrass proof (and I can't read the age). My guess is that the "E" stands for export and that the 2016-01E is indeed a different batch than the American 2016-01. 

Age for 2016-01E is 6 years 1 month. I sent email to Booker's but received no reply.

12 hours ago, Frederico said:

Age for 2016-01E is 6 years 1 month. 

That is very young for Booker's. Just barely in the 6-8 year age range. In comparison, the Bluegrass batch is from 6 years 11 months old. Maybe stocks of Booker's are getting tight and Beam is prioritizing the US market. 

On 12/12/2015 at 0:25 AM, Paddy said:

Annnnd... that's exactly what they want you to think, as well as view it (so you have to have every one of them)!

With that said, every barrel is a LE... isn't it? 

Damn... with that logic, the price of HH6 BIB just went up 400%!  :lol: 

Marketing sucks when it good, doesn't it? 

Just my 2 cents, but between "Noe Secret" and "Center Cut", I preferred center cut.  That said...both are good, especially for the $45-ish mark, and if it was a true blind SBS, I'd probably say they were the same thing.

I think Suntory is capitalizing (not that it's a fault on them, if we all weren't so bat%^&t crazy for bourbon, there'd be no need/demand for it) on the "small batch/limited edition" copy/campaign and going that route.  From appearances...it's working.

^^^^^^^^^I also believe it's working.  Funny thing is, nothing changed, except that the batches 'with no names', now have names.

Sorry for the GOT reference, but I couldn't help myself!  :lol: 

10 hours ago, Paddy said:

^^^^^^^^^I also believe it's working.  Funny thing is, nothing changed, except that the batches 'with no names', now have names.

Sorry for the GOT reference, but I couldn't help myself!  :lol: 

"A man" is fond of bourbon.  Valar Morghulis.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.