You can only have one whiskey the rest of your life...

ReynoldsStrong
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have one woman for the rest of my life, I refuse to get into any more of these situations going forward.

Insightful. A lot of valuable content in very little bandwidth.

Hat tip.

I have one woman for the rest of my life, I refuse to get into any more of these situations going forward.

I tried sampling off the bottom and mid-shelves, before finally settling on a Top-shelfer. Luckily I got in just ahead of the boom, and got a bargain.

Gone back and forth between Weller 12 and MMCS..but until/if I am able to get MM 12 year..I would have to go with Weller 12.

I would have to flip a coin. Both are solid and available. FRSB or HHBIB

After much consideration I've settled on Booker's. You can always add water to tame it, but you can't turn another bourbon into it!

Best post I read today - and I read a LOT of posts!

For me, my lifer could be OWA, but I'd like it with a few more years on it as Old Rip if we can be choosy.

WTRB

Great neat, great in a cocktail, perfect proof point, ideally it would be a choice of the early to mid 2000s batches, but i would settle on the current stuff if needed

After much consideration I've settled on Booker's. You can always add water to tame it, but you can't turn another bourbon into it!

I was too dumb to think of that. Never put anything in my Booker's but I suppose I could. Nah. Never mind. No I couldn't.

Blanton's Original Single Barrel . . . amen.

My choice as well. Not because it's so incredible, but rather it's uniformly excellent and the bourbon that incited me to create Straightbourbon.com.

Best post I read today - and I read a LOT of posts!

For me, my lifer could be OWA, but I'd like it with a few more years on it as Old Rip if we can be choosy.

OWA for me, too!

Bookers. 2014-6. By far the best bourbon I've had.

Ditto. I spotted another 2014-6 yesterday and added it to the bunker.

Ditto. I spotted another 2014-6 yesterday and added it to the bunker.

Yeah I have 3 spares it's gonna be a sad day when I finally crack the last one open.

I was going to say William Larue Weller, but it's too hard to get and very pricey, so I'm going with OWA. If it was an endless supply that I don't have to purchase, it would be William Larue Weller.

I was going to say William Larue Weller, but it's too hard to get and very pricey, so I'm going with OWA. If it was an endless supply that I don't have to purchase, it would be William Larue Weller.

I would be OVERJOYED to pay MSRP for it if I was guaranteed a steady supply, but we're only fantasizing here! :)

If price and availability factor into this equation, my one drinker would be ETL or Blantons. I know they aren't in excessive supply, but I seem to find enough to make do.

My choice as well. Not because it's so incredible, but rather it's uniformly excellent and the bourbon that incited me to create Straightbourbon.com.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.