What Rum/Rhum did you buy today?

BFerguson

Just now, Marekv8 said:

That’s one of the “2 Masters” releases— a different animal entirely. 

What's the difference?  I've heard mixed reviews on Dictador.

43 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

What's the difference?  I've heard mixed reviews on Dictador.

https://2masters.dictador.com

Yes, the brand is certainly questionable. I only bought the Dictador because I wanted to pre-flight a liquor store on their shipping expertise and customer service before ordering a big year-end bottle.

11 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

https://2masters.dictador.com

Yes, the brand is certainly questionable. I only bought the Dictador because I wanted to pre-flight a liquor store on their shipping expertise and customer service before ordering a big year-end bottle.

Cool, let us know how it turns out.

8 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Cool, let us know how it turns out.

Interesting stuff. Extremely slow/subtle delivery but a nice arrival and finish-- certainly sense the age. Although it doesn't scream dosage-- it has an overt cognac/armagnac grapesque sweetness that defies standard rum sensibilities. Not sure when this was bottled-- but the wax really helped as the cork was totally cooked.

IMG_7115.thumb.JPG.be646e66c1afcb36943aa7e13f9c0cf7.JPG

• I like it 1

On 11/25/2021 at 7:20 AM, Marekv8 said:

Interesting stuff. Extremely slow/subtle delivery but a nice arrival and finish-- certainly sense the age. Although it doesn't scream dosage-- it has an overt cognac/armagnac grapesque sweetness that defies standard rum sensibilities. Not sure when this was bottled-- but the wax really helped as the cork was totally cooked.

IMG_7115.thumb.JPG.be646e66c1afcb36943aa7e13f9c0cf7.JPG

Cool!  Glad to hear it'd didn't disappoint.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a Cadenhead’s Classic Rum while traveling this week.  Threw in a Delord Armagnac because it’s Littlesmokinjoe’s birth year.  😁

7BA95EF1-9C5B-48D1-A380-7AA8E02D7155.jpeg

• I like it 3

Glad to find this appropriately priced— my usual go-to LS for rum has recently joined the League of Gougers. 

C9C03175-CD2D-429E-9EA8-874EC15177F2.thumb.jpeg.dfdd471fcb534277be2c8a18a924dd6e.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 12/18/2021 at 8:28 AM, Marekv8 said:

Glad to find this appropriately priced— my usual go-to LS for rum has recently joined the League of Gougers. 

C9C03175-CD2D-429E-9EA8-874EC15177F2.thumb.jpeg.dfdd471fcb534277be2c8a18a924dd6e.jpeg

$120ish is regular retail on this year’s release. It went up $20 over last year’s price. 

On 12/20/2021 at 12:27 AM, lcpfratn said:

$120ish is regular retail on this year’s release. It went up $20 over last year’s price. 

Funny, it's been $120 here consistently.  

New Foursquare hit the shelves in KC.  $85.  Under 100 proof, but they brought back the Zin cask (at least in part).  I'll pick mine up this weekend.

662055695.jpg

• I like it 1

On 12/18/2021 at 9:28 AM, Marekv8 said:

Got a couple of these locally and look forward to trying them soon, especially in a SBS with the 2020 release.

• I like it 2

Just got my Indelible for $80. 2009 is also on the way. Haven’t had a chance to read anything about either but no issues going in blind with Foursquare. I’m excited about the Zinfandel, the last one was delicious. 

6AA981C5-B9B0-4A60-B8E7-0F7DC420E959.jpeg

Edited by Kane
  • I like it 3

Finally tracked down a bottle of the Mount Gay Master Blender Collection IV-- Andean Oak Cask. Should be very interesting.

• I like it 3

Bought into a split of the Appleton Hearts Collection.  21, 25, and 26 year old.  Look forward to trying in a small amount because there's no way I can justify full bottles.

• I like it 3

On 1/15/2022 at 9:27 PM, berto said:

Bought into a split of the Appleton Hearts Collection.  21, 25, and 26 year old.  Look forward to trying in a small amount because there's no way I can justify full bottles.

What was the pricing like? They looked amazing.

8 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

What was the pricing like? They looked amazing.

$250, $290, and $300 plus tax for the bottles.  

14 hours ago, berto said:

$250, $290, and $300 plus tax for the bottles.  

Eh, I’d be in for one bottle but not all three lol. The aging on those is beyond wonderful.

7 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Eh, I’d be in for one bottle but not all three lol. The aging on those is beyond wonderful.

I'm happy to try all three.  If I decide I have to have one, or more, I'll buy but this way is best.

• I like it 1

Grabbed another 2009... Really enjoyed the first bottle... They had Indelible as well but didn't grab it... Can't wait to hear the reviews.

On 1/18/2022 at 9:40 AM, jnewberg said:

Grabbed another 2009... Really enjoyed the first bottle... They had Indelible as well but didn't grab it... Can't wait to hear the reviews.

I too really enjoyed the 2009 and fwiw, I'm loving the Indelible, sweet with some pop.

• I like it 1

On 11/11/2021 at 12:01 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Picked up a barrel pick of Holmes Cay 13yo Mauritius rum fully matured in Cognac casks selected by our very own @lcpfratn. Very brandy forward of course with a great long finish!

1773540146_HolmesCayMauritius.thumb.JPG.664ffb6289f673461cee43018c36e07e.JPG

Nice! I've been trying to track down this bottle, but haven't had any luck. I know a store in Tennessee got it and maybe some places in TX, but TN and TX don't like to ship out of state

2 hours ago, igloo said:

Nice! I've been trying to track down this bottle, but haven't had any luck. I know a store in Tennessee got it and maybe some places in TX, but TN and TX don't like to ship out of state

This was a split between two stores in Tennessee, but a store in Colorado may have received a few bottles before the stores in Tennessee selected the remainder of the barrel. I’m not aware of any bottles going to TX. 

Holmes Cay makes some of their Single Cask series available for private selections, which can be all the bottles from a Single Cask or the bottles can be split between several buyers, which is what happened in this case. 

It’s illegal for a store to ship spirits from Tennessee, so that’s why stores won’t do it. 

On 1/25/2022 at 11:59 PM, lcpfratn said:

This was a split between two stores in Tennessee, but a store in Colorado may have received a few bottles before the stores in Tennessee selected the remainder of the barrel. I’m not aware of any bottles going to TX. 

Holmes Cay makes some of their Single Cask series available for private selections, which can be all the bottles from a Single Cask or the bottles can be split between several buyers, which is what happened in this case. 

It’s illegal for a store to ship spirits from Tennessee, so that’s why stores won’t do it. 

Did you get yours from CO? Perhaps from a store that ships?