What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Need more info! What are your guesses so far?

No guesses yet. I'm analyzing first for proof and age. One is clearly older by color and flavor. One seemed to be younger by color alone; but, Gary hinted it may not be the youngest. I guessed correctly that all at or above 100-proof. That's as far as I got before I abandoned the analysis for another time. Palate began to tire, which in my case doesn't need that much extra challenge... HA!

Right now my last pour of SB Blend and I'm out of Weller 12! [emoji29]

I'll follow up with Blanton's Gold and Baker's I think...

WTKS Store Selection after reading through the WTKS thread

Funny how that happens. So what do you think about it? How was it?

I was in Vegas for a week and the wife insisted I go to the bar at Delmonico and buy myself a glass or three of brown liquid. Who am I to argue? I looked online and the prices were more than fair. Unfortunately they were out of date as I found out when I sat down. Still, I was on a mission and the while the prices were higher than I thought they'd be they were still fair. I started with PHC4. It was everything I'd hoped. Next was Rittenhouse 25. Wow. Top of the list stuff for me. I can't and won't pay the going price for a bottle but I'd have to consider it at something lower though still obscene. Finished with Ardbeg Rollercoaster and was happy with that too. A nice peaty end to the evening. As I stumbled out of the bar my wife fed a few bills into the Brittany Spears slot machine and quickly won back almost what I'd spent at the bar.

I was in Vegas for a week and the wife insisted I go to the bar at Delmonico and buy myself a glass or three of brown liquid. Who am I to argue? I looked online and the prices were more than fair. Unfortunately they were out of date as I found out when I sat down. Still, I was on a mission and the while the prices were higher than I thought they'd be they were still fair. I started with PHC4. It was everything I'd hoped. Next was Rittenhouse 25. Wow. Top of the list stuff for me. I can't and won't pay the going price for a bottle but I'd have to consider it at something lower though still obscene. Finished with Ardbeg Rollercoaster and was happy with that too. A nice peaty end to the evening. As I stumbled out of the bar my wife fed a few bills into the Brittany Spears slot machine and quickly won back almost what I'd spent at the bar.

Delmonico's has a great selection and several sleepers on the menu for solid prices. Last time I was there over a year ago the PHC 4th (Wheated) was $12 a pour. Hopefully it was something similar for you.

Sounds like a good night but you know you shouldn't be telling us this. Haven't you heard, what happens in Vegas... :lol:

Not my first pour from this bottle and it's still

A very impressive pour. In fact since last time I was at the store they had less than a dozen bottles left from this barrel I may have to pick up another or so.

I've tried several times to get on the WT train but it seems the 101 and RB are just too harsh. The more aged WTKS and RRSB seem to align more with my palette

All this WTKS talk today means I will probably start later tonight with my recently acquired store pick, which is supposedly the first private barrel of it in MI.

I was going to ask the same thing, :cool:. WTKS is a very nice bourbon, but for the price, you can have a better bourbon from WT, however you want to take it.

All this WTKS talk today means I will probably start later tonight with my recently acquired store pick, which is supposedly the first private barrel of it in MI.

Let us know what ya think of it.

Not my first pour from this bottle and it's still

A very impressive pour. In fact since last time I was at the store they had less than a dozen bottles left from this barrel I may have to pick up another or so.

I've tried several times to get on the WT train but it seems the 101 and RB are just too harsh. The more aged WTKS and RRSB seem to align more with my palette

Yeah, it's all about taste!

Let us know what ya think of it.

I have tasted it before and enjoyed it along with many pours of other things the same night. I am not one for tasting notes. While I do enjoy it I doubt I will ever replace it when gone given the price as I enjoy WTRB and RRSiB just as much or more and those are significantly cheaper up here compared to WTKS.

I have tasted it before and enjoyed it along with many pours of other things the same night. I am not one for tasting notes. While I do enjoy it I doubt I will ever replace it when gone given the price as I enjoy WTRB and RRSiB just as much or more and those are significantly cheaper up here compared to WTKS.

I know what ya mean. I thought that bottle being a store select that it might be different.

I know what ya mean. I thought that bottle being a store select that it might be different.

First WTKS ever for me. I normally don't venture over $50 a bottle unless it is a barrel proofer but this store was over an hour away and I had went there for an ECBP and Stagg Jr so I figured if I was finally going to try a WTKS it may as well be a store select and decided to splurge even more than I had planned on the trip.

Delmonico's has a great selection and several sleepers on the menu for solid prices. Last time I was there over a year ago the PHC 4th (Wheated) was $12 a pour. Hopefully it was something similar for you.

The list on the website had the PHC4 @ $22. The current price at the bar is $30.

Starting with some Larceny since it's before 9pm.

Some Stagg Jr. (132.2) tonight.

I might have to dig out my open 128.7 later, it has been a bit since I had a sip, or maybe just the 1:3 StaggJr:BT I mixed with it instead/before it.

After some Stagg Jr, I cracked open a new bottle of 2010 OFBB. It was calling me!!!

post-9285-14489822880948_thumb.jpg

Edited by LCWoody

A bit of the new EC BP - This stuff is just fantastic for the price. Thanks again to the SB member who got me the newest batch

WTKS Store Selection after reading through the WTKS thread

It was this same phenomena that compelled a number of us to go out and purchase Baker's last summer. I became a fan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.