Sign in to follow this  
johnnybogey

What Rye did you purchase today? Fall / Winter 2015

beasled

Picked up a Bulleit & Bonded Ritt for what is a decent price in the UK. 

Paddy

Pikesville, for the fun of it...

gfh110

Picked up a special store bottling of 100 proof High West Double Rye. Eager to stack it up against the lower octane version which is one of my favorites.

amg

Grabbed a HW Rendezvous finished for 2.5 years in a bourbon barrel and bottled at 53% ABV. Not cheap, but looking forward to trying it.

Heashfus
6 minutes ago, amg said:

Grabbed a HW Rendezvous finished for 2.5 years in a bourbon barrel and bottled at 53% ABV. Not cheap, but looking forward to trying it.

I was fond! *thumbs up emoji*

Scotch Neat

Found two bottles of Old Scout Rye 8YO cask strength on the shelf. They left with me.

I have had their 7YO 100 proof stuff and it was very good i am hopping this stuff is just as good.

meadeweber
18 hours ago, Scotch Neat said:

Found two bottles of Old Scout Rye 8YO cask strength on the shelf. They left with me.

I have had their 7YO 100 proof stuff and it was very good i am hopping this stuff is just as good.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

JoeTerp

Got a bottle of Pikesville today

smokinjoe

Because I can't say no, purchased a Michter's 10yr Rye, today.  :blink:

kyrocklover

Picked up a Baby Saz last Saturday and a WT SB Rye yesterday.

flahute
2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Because I can't say no, purchased a Michter's 10yr Rye, today.  :blink:

I wish you wouldn't have. You're going to post an eloquent review and make me want to buy one aren't you?

smokinjoe
9 hours ago, flahute said:

I wish you wouldn't have. You're going to post an eloquent review and make me want to buy one aren't you?

If I gotta go down, I'm takin' people with me!!!!  :D:D:D 

KyleCBreese

Picked up a SAOS today for $45 and passed on the Baby Saz at $40.

Charlutz

This is kinda funny. A local county released a large shipment of baby Saz at $30 a bottle. I had 1 at home but grabbed 4 while it was in stock at the lowest price we see locally. I then got on a plane to visit my sister in New Orleans for a week. She didn't have any whiskey in the house so we headed to a local grocery for some food and my whiskey. They had a decent selection, but the best value? Baby Saz at $25. I tried to figure out another option but it was the best deal so I grabbed a bottle and had a couple pours before bed. 1st world problems!

PaulO

In my state Sazerac is rarely seen and the going price is around $40.  It just goes to show how much states can vary.  There's even one store I know, has one behind the counter with the fancey stuff.  They want $60. :lol: They're jerks anyway.

b1gcountry

I haven't seen it around stl in the last 2 years. I don't care for it much though, so no great loss to me. 

Golzee

Jim Beam Yellow Label.  This was my grandfathers preferred rye, most likely due to the lack of rye whiskey in his time.  But, I do enjoy it for what it is and it always makes me think of my grandfather, which is most certainly worth the $15.99.

Charlutz
13 hours ago, PaulO said:

In my state Sazerac is rarely seen and the going price is around $40.  It just goes to show how much states can vary.  There's even one store I know, has one behind the counter with the fancey stuff.  They want $60. :lol: They're jerks anyway.

Take a look at this...44 bucks for the big boy and stacked deep.

image.jpeg

DeltaAlphaVictorEasy
5 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Take a look at this...44 bucks for the big boy and stacked deep.

image.jpeg

Geeez- I didn't even know that is was available in 1.75l size. I just got a 750 for 29.99 yesterday, was the first time in a year that it had made an appearance around here. Looks like the entire state only got like 26-6 bottle cases.

The Black Tot
On 3/25/2016 at 8:16 PM, Charlutz said:

This is kinda funny. A local county released a large shipment of baby Saz at $30 a bottle. I had 1 at home but grabbed 4 while it was in stock at the lowest price we see locally. I then got on a plane to visit my sister in New Orleans for a week. She didn't have any whiskey in the house so we headed to a local grocery for some food and my whiskey. They had a decent selection, but the best value? Baby Saz at $25. I tried to figure out another option but it was the best deal so I grabbed a bottle and had a couple pours before bed. 1st world problems!

$25 in Texas. About $90 in London. Makes absolutely zero sense.

The Black Tot

Ha. I didn't know they made a handle of it, either!

It's very nice rye, but I wish they'd dial up the proof even just a little to 100+

b1gcountry

You say that about everything

tanstaafl2
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:34 AM, b1gcountry said:

We never say that about things that are bottled at cask strength! Just saying...

Cappy04

Picked up a Willett 2 year Straight Rye...really like it, cask strength/109 proof

The Black Tot
On 3/30/2016 at 7:34 PM, b1gcountry said:

I MEAN that about everything :)