"Widow Jane" is officially insane!

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

New offerings from Widow Jane. Hurry before they are all gone...

4 new bourbons now available made from different genuine heirloom "organic" corn for a low, low price ranging from $104.99 to $124.99. These use genuine small barrels and are aged for an incredibly long year (or less). Only one of each per customer at Drink Up NY so don't wait too long!

Did I mention that these are 375ml bottles???????????

A new candidate for the Old Fitz 20 "Don't Buy Stupid Shit" campaign... :angry:

Oh, the huge manatee!

Edited by tanstaafl2

11 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

4 new bourbons now available made from different genuine heirloom "organic" corn for a low, low price ranging from $104.99 to $124.99. These use genuine small barrels and are aged for an incredibly long year (or less). Only one of each per customer at Drink Up NY so don't wait too long!

Oh, the huge manatee!

Sign me up! Do they use any of the original Stitzel-Weller juice? Gotta have one of each!  Bwa ha ha ha haaaaaa!:blink:

Edited by starhopper

I saw these this morning as well and my eyes rolled up into the back of my head so far that they did a full revolution. I have no words.

Like the folks that make those "Return of the Big Blob" movies and call them "sensational entertainment".  Which translates into plain English as not worth the price of admission.

Edited by squire

Well, the one positive thing I can say is that the people at Widow Jane clearly have some of the biggest clanking brass balls I've ever heard of.

2 minutes ago, starhopper said:

I'm sure there will be SOMEONE who will buy the stuff

I know a candidate already. He insists, against all evidence, that price is an accurate reflection of quality. In fact, it is such a good indicator that he would choose the higher priced of two  bottles of exactly the same bourbon; e.g., if store A were selling BT for $27 and store B had it for $22, he would pay the $27 for the "better" BT. Fortunately, for him and merchants everywhere, he can afford to indulge this little concept.

11 minutes ago, Flyfish said:

I know a candidate already. He insists, against all evidence, that price is an accurate reflection of quality. In fact, it is such a good indicator that he would choose the higher priced of two  bottles of exactly the same bourbon; e.g., if store A were selling BT for $27 and store B had it for $22, he would pay the $27 for the "better" BT. Fortunately, for him and merchants everywhere, he can afford to indulge this little concept.

Ummm, that seems pretty stupid.:lol:

Edited by starhopper

4 hours ago, Flyfish said:

If your candidate is ever in Maryland I will sell him every bottle I own. By his own standard I will ensure it is the best bourbon he's ever bought. 

Hey now guys, let's not put down someone who would buy these. Who are we to say if buying a 375 ml bottle of small barrel whiskey aged for a few months for over $100 makes a person stupid or not? More power to him or her, I say.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Hey now guys, let's not put down someone who would buy these. Who are we to say if buying a 375 ml bottle of small barrel whiskey aged for a few months for over $100 makes a person stupid or not? More power to him or her, I say.

And even if that person IS dumb, dumb people allow smart people to get farther ahead in life. 

2 hours ago, dcbt said:

And even if that person IS dumb, dumb people allow smart people to get farther ahead in life. 

LOL - I regretfully have to agree with that statement.

On 12/18/2015, 10:27:24, tanstaafl2 said:

Oh, the huge manatee!

I wonder if the folks from Widow Jane as descendants of PT Barnum.   "there's a sucker born every Second" and "this way to the Egress".

I just say Holy Chit Batman! 

I am officially insane for opening a thread with Widow Jane in the title.  :lol:

Good thing they have a one bottle limit or someone would wipe the shelf clean.

6 hours ago, Josh said:

So, Josh -- Just how many of these did you buy?:huh:

It's those whimsical artsy labels that make them worth so much, and that gold foil stamped embossed lettering.  Yum.

17 hours ago, dcbt said:

I'll never forget a 60 minutes episode.  They asked a top general how he got where he was today.  His memorable answer was:  "It's not that I am so smart.  Everyone else is so God damn  stupid."  As for Widow Jane, if it sits on the shelf and nobody buys it, they will have learned a lesson.  If it is purchased, they are smarter than me.  After all, a guy made millions selling "pet rocks".

Edited by BourbonGuy

20 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

So, Josh -- Just how many of these did you buy?:huh:

Only one case. Each.

Edited by Josh

On 12/20/2015, 5:43:14, Josh said:

Your mama tell you that Squire?

Read it in a book.

"We are what we repeatedly do" ascribed to Aristotle.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2015‎ ‎3‎:‎28‎:‎45‎, Josh said:

The guy I was calling "stupid" was the acquaintance of "Flyfish" who believes that price is an accurate reflection of quality and that "if store A had BT for $27 and store B had it for $22, he would pay the $27 for the "better" BT" - to me, that's just plain stupid. ;)

It's a safe bet I won't buy any of this.  I would read a review, if any of you happen to try a sample somewhere.  :lol:

I have never heard anything good (that I beleived) about whiskey from small barrels.  I think some stuff only sells due to percieved novelty or scarecity.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.