"Widow Jane" is officially insane!

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, starhopper said:

The guy I was calling "stupid" was the acquaintance of "Flyfish" who believes that price is an accurate reflection of quality and that "if store A had BT for $27 and store B had it for $22, he would pay the $27 for the "better" BT" - to me, that's just plain stupid. ;)

The thing is, he is not a stupid man in every respect. He's a successful orthopedic surgeon who just has this quaint little blind spot about "getting what you pay for."  He is not a well informed or rational consumer. Back when gasoline was pushing $4, he had a new Lincoln Navigator sitting in his driveway. He refused to drive it because it cost so much per mile. I asked him how much it cost per mile to not drive it considering he still had to pay for the car and the insurance. All of that expense divided by zero miles is a really high price to pay for no benefit. But, as I say, he is not stupid regarding everything. He was hiding behind the door when they passed out the common sense, though.

16 minutes ago, Flyfish said:

The thing is, he is not a stupid man in every respect. He's a successful orthopedic surgeon who just has this quaint little blind spot about "getting what you pay for."  He is not a well informed or rational consumer. Back when gasoline was pushing $4, he had a new Lincoln Navigator sitting in his driveway. He refused to drive it because it cost so much per mile. I asked him how much it cost per mile to not drive it considering he still had to pay for the car and the insurance. All of that expense divided by zero miles is a really high price to pay for no benefit. But, as I say, he is not stupid regarding everything. He was hiding behind the door when they passed out the common sense, though.

I am going to have to keep that in mind if I ever have an orthopedic emergency while passing through Toledo. A bit of common sense seems an important quality to me in somebody about to cut you open... :o

45 minutes ago, Flyfish said:

Well, I guess some people have money to burn! :huh::lol:

Edited by starhopper

There is a certain wisdom that you tend to get what you pay for. After all,  There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

7 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

There is a certain wisdom that you tend to get what you pay for. After all,  There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Seems like I have heard that before somewhere... B)

lol once again you can't mess with KY bourbon. Go build halfass distilleries out of state. They all suck. Can't beat KY liquor. 

17 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

I am going to have to keep that in mind if I ever have an orthopedic emergency while passing through Toledo. A bit of common sense seems an important quality to me in somebody about to cut you open... :o

Why do you think they have to mark with ink Yes or No on the limb before patients go into surgery?  Book smarts ain't street smarts.

Better half just had to have surgery on her left wrist.  To insure correct wrist was worked on NO in one spot and WRONG ARM written on right arm, YES and THIS ARM written on left arm.

14 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

MGP in Indiana seems to be nice quality. (It is MGP, right? )

Yup.  Here's a link to their product list; whiskey on the right.

http://www.mgpingredients.com/product-list/

MGPI is not insane; take a look at their financials and their recent press releases.  This is not a solicitation to buy or sell MGPI stock.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.