Rumors

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, b1gcountry said:

If beam put out a 14yo rye, it would have nothing in common with bookers. I'm skeptical. 

Of course it wouldn't because it would be a rye. Does Knob Creek Rye have anything in common with Knob Creek Bourbon? Yet they still have the same brand name.

On 2/6/2016, 11:23:09, flahute said:

Booker's Rye at 13 to 14 years old. Sometime this year.

This rumor has been confirmed, and it will be at a very high proof I'm told.

This is AWESOME. Basically Beam's THH but at more than twice the age. I wonder if they intend for it to be an ongoing release? They manage to keep Booker's on the shelves, but of course that's a ~6yr release.

This should be a rare shake out of my Bourbon Nirvana. Not yet at Rye Nirvana I suppose...

Edited by The Black Tot

3 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

This is AWESOME. Basically Beam's THH but at more than twice the age. I wonder if they intend for it to be an ongoing release? They manage to keep Booker's on the shelves, but of course that's a ~6yr release.

This should be a rare shake out of my Bourbon Nirvana. Not yet at Rye Nirvana I suppose...

Unfortunately, this will be a one time offering according to the current information. It will also be pricey like Booker's 25th was.

2 hours ago, flahute said:

Unfortunately, this will be a one time offering according to the current information. It will also be pricey like Booker's 25th was.

I almost WISH, Steve. But Booker's 25th was almost pre-frenzy. Oh well, we'll just have to see what we shall see. I'm in if it's $150 or below.

3 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

I almost WISH, Steve. But Booker's 25th was almost pre-frenzy. Oh well, we'll just have to see what we shall see. I'm in if it's $150 or below.

I'd imagine this will be in the $150-$200 range.

I have been told that Whoop and Holler will be part of a 3 piece set. I don't really know what that means, buts that's what been relayed to me.

Gary

I'd be interested to taste a 15 yr JB rye, but I'm not sure I'd pay a huge premium since I already find the KC rye a bit dry. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.