How much fake Pappy is out there?

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, Fatj82 said:

... I tried to upload some photos and they are all too big.  My only real concern is the foil on the top of the bottles.  They aren't perfect lol.  The 2015 looks like something was either sitting on it or ??? Not that its terribly off. The 2 2016's just aren't perfect.  I could just be paranoid.  I did open the bookers rye as I have 2 others, and damn, that's the stuff for sure.  I appreciate the advice and not busting my stones too hard!

The foils don't always look perfect. I have bought plenty of Pappy and BTAC bottles at retail from stores I've gone to for years and have seen quite a few of the foil seals that are off centered, have had "kinks" in them, etc. Although I do beleive that there is some counterfeiting out there, I assume you're safe. Scumbags are most likely to mess with the highest $ bottles first. Plus I just don't think there is that huge of volume out there so the odds of you coming across it are just slim regardless. Drink it! If you don't think you'd know either way then what does it matter.....

Again, thanks for the help guys/gals!  I feel much better. I will go ahead and take the foil hat off my head and enjoy my drink!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.