High West Rendezvous or Double

Bbstout
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, BottledInBond said:

Personally, I prefer the HWRR over the Double Rye. I tend to think the Double tastes too young for my preferences. 

I am am a fan of the MWND, and I have had some good bottles of both the RR and DR that were given a secondary barrel finish and some of those have been very good as well. Let's all hope HW doesn't get  changed too much after the acquisition

Has high west said anything about how much they have left to continue rendezvous. They must be getting low on aged stock. 

23 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Has high west said anything about how much they have left to continue rendezvous. They must be getting low on aged stock. 

Not that I've seen. There has to be an end coming before long though for the 16 year Barton rye component. They bought a bunch of barrels of that several years back but I truly doubt they got more of that any time recently. They have some amount of aged MGP/LDI rye, as that's what was in the most recent version of 16 year Rocky Mountain Rye, but it would be hard to beleive that they have much volume of that. 

1 hour ago, BottledInBond said:

They have some amount of aged MGP/LDI rye, as that's what was in the most recent version of 16 year Rocky Mountain Rye, but it would be hard to beleive that they have much volume of that. 

And some of that 16 yr rye from MGP is now being used in Bourye too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.