What do you do with your empty bottles?

Golferpimp1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, dSculptor said:

Hey Joe, when ever you get around this part of town....or if you just want to take a road trip. I have some space left, have to put in a few more shelves. I posted this pic a while back, but here is a updated pic of my bottle overflow.

bottles.jpg

What's in between CEHTaylor and Old Scout??

making glasses out of a set of btac collection.  will look pretty cool with the etching on there.

i've saved a ton of high west bottles.  making double old fashioned glasses with those to give to friends

I keep empties of BTAC, PVW and other LE's to prove I'm not an a**h** hoarder if it ever comes to that. :D Reputational insurance so to speak. 

I keep the first empty of every bottle I try (except what I try at the gazebo, obviously), and I'm planning on someday displaying them in a manner similar to what these fellows have done.

On 6/6/2016 at 4:10 PM, theDon said:

I toss doubles but try to keep one of each. Also some full ones mixed in there.

IMG_20160226_201255.jpg

IMG_20160226_201311.jpg

IMG_20160226_201224.jpg

On 6/8/2016 at 11:38 AM, dSculptor said:

Hey Joe, when ever you get around this part of town....or if you just want to take a road trip. I have some space left, have to put in a few more shelves. I posted this pic a while back, but here is a updated pic of my bottle overflow.

bottles.jpg

The rest go in the single stream recycling bin.

Edited by TheNovaMan
I forgot about the recycling.

• 5 weeks later...

The majority of the bottles go into the recycle. However I keep an empty bottle of Speyside single malt that I purchased. I use it when I want to split a bottle of something with a friend.

I am also keeping a bottle of CEHT small batch as a trophy bottle. We recently received a shipment of CEHT and other hard-to-find whiskeys at our store. The shipment was the fruit of some hard work on my part, so the bottle is a keepsake.

The next empty bottle I plan on keeping will be a bottle of Pappy when we get it in.

Mostly recycled,although I've kept a very small handful of special or unique bottles. But I do keep all of the corks in a box under the bar. It's kinda amazing how many bottles you go through over time!

On 7/15/2016 at 7:52 PM, musher said:

Mostly recycled,although I've kept a very small handful of special or unique bottles. But I do keep all of the corks in a box under the bar. It's kinda amazing how many bottles you go through over time!

Yup - I, too, keep those corks and screw tops.  You just never know . . .  Frinstance, a WTRB I opened last month had a "bad" cork on its lower third.  So, I dug through my cork/top box and found a WTRB cork that fit.  I slept a lot better.B)

I started keeping corks a couple of years ago to have on hand when I broke one from another bottle or otherwise had a cork compromised. They've come in handy a few times. I offer the empty bottles to my wife who uses some of the interesting ones as vases. I keep a Willet Pot Still bottle because of the way it looks on the shelf. I doubt I'll buy another one. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.