bdrinker

What rum are you drinking today?

lcpfratn

I had a nice pour of this last night. I’m not always in the mood for this, but when I am...what a fantastic, funky pour!

IMG_3629.jpg

• I like it 1

Marekv8
27 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I had a nice pour of this last night. I’m not always in the mood for this, but when I am...what a fantastic, funky pour!

IMG_3629.jpg

I imagine any pour from that bottle would be a nice one… looks quite savory.

• I like it 1

lcpfratn

I imagine any pour from that bottle would be a nice one… looks quite savory.

Yeah, it’s pretty good stuff. It’s definitely got the cinnamon and burnt tires thing going on. That was actually an old picture...it’s actually about half gone now. I’ve also got a 16yr Duncan Taylor Caroni that’s probably a bit better actually, but it’s not quite as funky as this one.

Marekv8

Shiny things tonight…

IMG_0688.thumb.jpg.939299d67b1e29b04b392d4aab72c85a.jpg

• I like it 1

kevinbrink
8 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Shiny things tonight…

That is indeed quite shiny

tanstaafl2
11 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Shiny things tonight…

Shiny it may be but did you think it was any good? Especially in relation to the cost! 

My experience with the whole line (excluding Paraiso which I have never seen much less tried) has been mixed at best. To judge it fairly I would likely have to do it blind to mask my natural inclinations...

Marekv8
1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Shiny it may be but did you think it was any good? Especially in relation to the cost! 

My experience with the whole line (excluding Paraiso which I have never seen much less tried) has been mixed at best. To judge it fairly I would likely have to do it blind to mask my natural inclinations...

I know that I'm not supposed to like it-- but it really sits well with me. Somewhere in Bacardi-land there are some old casks stashed away, because there's a strong backbone of Caribbean wood running through this liquid (in a Clément teardrop sense, but with an expected sweeter profile). I've got the Paraíso and Eximo as well-- but figured I'd work this one down a bit prior to opening them. All use synthetic corks, which is helpful with the wide neck openings.

BMartin42

First day of Spring Break called for a rum. I don’t do much sipping rum typically but this is pretty decent. IMG_4769.jpg

• I like it 7

Nomad

First sip, creamy with a bit of sweetness which disappears quickly. Rich and oily. Rubber, diesel, old leather, tobacco, a plethora of sage, baking spices(less cinnamon more clove)citrus, but more lemon, mango. Mint, and menthol at the finish. Really enjoyable!

Hampden.jpg

• I like it 2

Marekv8

Super Samaroli Sunday…

IMG_1085.thumb.jpg.b178588b586bb589856826fe0c7dc475.jpg

• I like it 5

Marekv8

A 50/50 blend of BB&R Barbados 11yo and Foursquare 2005. Proofs it down perfectly and amps the quality of maturation.

55EB95E5-EBA3-4CF9-8E98-BF6B0499A7E2.thumb.jpeg.1f8a7cd6677dc54c82e1bf2c8df12d24.jpeg

• I like it 4

Marekv8

Damn...

EFCEEA1A-2E04-4E7E-9278-4BA44485A44D.thumb.jpeg.26079e47a9d0235a17acc67f01673d3a.jpeg

• I like it 1