Jump to content
bdrinker

What rum are you drinking today?

Recommended Posts

Marekv8
50 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

 

 


Want this, I’ll be on the lookout at my local Total Wine. How’s the pricing compared to the like Foursquare 2005, 2007?

 

 

 

This release seems so limited, that Total Wine may not even carry it. Bottle was

$75.00— which seems in line for a non-solera age stated rum with balls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

 

 


Want this, I’ll be on the lookout at my local Total Wine. How’s the pricing compared to the like Foursquare 2005, 2007?

 

 

At least in NY it is cheaper, I found it for $55 and got a 10% discount on top, haven't seen a ton of bottles around but all were $60 or less. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
58 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

 

This release seems so limited, that Total Wine may not even carry it. Bottle was

$75.00— which seems in line for a non-solera age stated rum with balls. 

If you find yourself in NY looking for a backup let me know and I'll shoot you a few places that have it. 

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
7 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

If you find yourself in NY looking for a backup let me know and I'll shoot you a few places that have it. 

 

Thanks— sounds like you got a good deal. Apparently only two cases or less made it into the state, hence the higher asking price. As a rule, I don’t stock any duplicates— I’ve got plenty to work on as it stands. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
25 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

 

Thanks— sounds like you got a good deal. Apparently only two cases or less made it into the state, hence the higher asking price. As a rule, I don’t stock any duplicates— I’ve got plenty to work on as it stands. 

Good rule, one I should start to follow myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
At least in NY it is cheaper, I found it for $55 and got a 10% discount on top, haven't seen a ton of bottles around but all were $60 or less. 


Ok this is in my price range. I have a few rums on the short list. I need to get busy drinking.
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwperry

First and second pours tonight. Amazing. Amazing.

Foursquare rums are pulling me away from whiskeys....kinda.IMG_20190814_195149341.jpg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Black Tot
On 8/5/2019 at 8:09 PM, Marekv8 said:

 

I don’t mind leaving it as long as I have a good feel for what it tastes like. Looks like I’m only bringing three bottles back— which may be down to two if I can’t make everything fit. Walked away from some serious, serious temptation at the Robert Graham 1874 shop today.

Next time mail it to me domestically in the UK (totally legal)! I hate to see a good Demerara go down the drain.

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwperry

Tonight's sipperIMG_20190823_190918621.jpg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokinjoe

Bowman Rum is pairing very well with an Olivia G after too much food and beer at the Yardhouse.  

52810A86-1B59-4C80-A92F-5B4A5899BC7A.jpeg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lcpfratn
Bowman Rum is pairing very well with an Olivia G after too much food and beer at the Yardhouse.  
52810A86-1B59-4C80-A92F-5B4A5899BC7A.thumb.jpeg.1a908ee2e36a7e989a9539927c66b06c.jpeg

Alert the media...Joe is drinking rum!
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarSurfer55

So being from Louisiana, I am currently drinking Rum and Coke made with Bayou spiced rum. The vanilla forward spice is really nice and reminds me of home. 

 

Tonight I will switch to Mt. Gay XO to close the day. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcbt

I had some peaches that were a day past due, if you will, so what is one to do?  Peach daiquiris with Doorly's 12 of course!  And if you're doing that, you gotta go ahead and grill up some jerk chicken and corn for lunch, right? 

IMG_20190901_1402304.jpg

  • I like it 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane

Last drops while I prepare dinner. This was an excellent daily drinker that competed with my bourbons after a long work day.

 

 

IMG_20190907_221251.jpg

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

A gratis Panama-Pacific 9yo as the perfect warm-up to a late ass dinner. 

 

 

BA239E29-03A7-44B6-B68F-A90E2C9D9D42.jpeg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RWBadley
14 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

A gratis Panama-Pacific 9yo as the perfect warm-up to a late ass dinner. 

 

 

BA239E29-03A7-44B6-B68F-A90E2C9D9D42.jpeg

I really liked that Panama 9yo. It's a hint sweet, but what nice flavors. I liked it more than what they called the (23?) which seemed rather tired by comparison. 

 

Wish I knew the makeup of these...

 

Cheers!

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
5 hours ago, RWBadley said:

I really liked that Panama 9yo. It's a hint sweet, but what nice flavors. I liked it more than what they called the (23?) which seemed rather tired by comparison. 

 

Wish I knew the makeup of these...

 

Cheers!

 

It pairs great with food-- especially dessert, but it's really rare to find in on-premise. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that orders it here, which is why they're phasing it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RWBadley
1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

 

It pairs great with food-- especially dessert, but it's really rare to find in on-premise. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that orders it here, which is why they're phasing it out.

I was lucky to find one, and then another at my local. For a mid 30's$ bottle- not too shabby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Brought a dram to the airport— one of the key components is obviously molasses, comes across as s liqueur. 

 

19CD54A9-75D3-483D-AAD2-F791005EB7A7.thumb.jpeg.68c433abdbd494112ac18aa12a888ee4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Panama-Pacific 9– I’m glad they make this stuff...

 

7A3EAA8D-DDD1-453E-851D-A4B9BA89DB9B.thumb.jpeg.ef7d730c0884a6d1bc56c4a713ec9400.jpeg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lcpfratn
Panama-Pacific 9– I’m glad they make this stuff...
 
7A3EAA8D-DDD1-453E-851D-A4B9BA89DB9B.thumb.jpeg.ef7d730c0884a6d1bc56c4a713ec9400.jpeg

I agree 100%!
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit

Coworker brought back a bottle of the Havana Club Maestros Triple Barreled and have me a sample. I’m liking this much more than I thought I would. I think I’m a buyer. For fun compared to my so far favorite budget rum and there very different.

00196a7c-5677-4346-8cc9-ece35850f1f3.jpg

IMG_8125.jpg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwperry
On 9/26/2019 at 10:11 PM, HoustonNit said:

Coworker brought back a bottle of the Havana Club Maestros Triple Barreled and have me a sample. I’m liking this much more than I thought I would. I think I’m a buyer. For fun compared to my so far favorite budget rum and there very different.

00196a7c-5677-4346-8cc9-ece35850f1f3.jpg

IMG_8125.jpg

That looks like it is an actual Cuban Havana Club. What we get here in the US is from PR and my understanding, it is essentially Bacardi. (it comes from them anyways, I've not had either)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
That looks like it is an actual Cuban Havana Club. What we get here in the US is from PR and my understanding, it is essentially Bacardi. (it comes from them anyways, I've not had either)


Yeah this is the real Havana Club that my coworker picked up in Paris. I’ve never bothered with the US Barcadi version, which just seems to be marketing.
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Interesting and educational morning with a flight consisting of…

  • Hamilton Jamaican Pot Still Black & Gold 
  • Hamilton 86 proof & 151 Overproof (Demerara)
  • Hamilton White ’Stache
  • Hamilton Saint Lucia Pot Still 10 Year Old Cask Strength
  • La Favorite Vieux
  • Neisson Blanc
  • Neisson Réserve Spéciale
  • Hamilton Jamaican Pimento Dram
  • Petite Shrubb
  • Petite Canne Sugar Cane Syrup (this stuff is awesome)

all poured and lavishly described by Ed Hamilton himself-- immediately followed by a brutal session at the gym prior to heading back to the office.

 

Edited by Marekv8
  • I like it 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...