EH Taylor Small Batch

birdie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Local store just put this on sale for $32, I have heard this is a pretty nice tasting bourbon, but not sure if this is a good price.

Yes, that's a good price for Col EH Taylor Small Batch. Depending on area of the country, it typically runs $39-50. I just picked up a bottle while on vacation in Colorado in the Westminster area north of Denver and it was $38.99 on sale.

Definitely worth picking up for $32!

I agree with what everyone else has said. It's a pretty good bourbon, and it's at a great price. It's the same here, just like jackthedog posted. On the shelf for $39.99. I can't recall ever seeing it cheaper than that in my neck of the woods, or anywhere else either. Buy one or two, and enjoy. :P

Cheers! Joe

The UK retail price of this is about $135 so by not buying it I'll just take it as an insult... enjoy

Thanks All, seems like worth picking up, if anyone is in the Boulder CO area I am more than happy to let you know where it is, they had cases stacked up yesterday.

Yes, buy.  I personally like it better than Eagle Rare 10, even though ER10 is older and I like older bourbons (EC12, even, yes I admit, orphan barrel bourbons).  Punches above its price class to a lot that's out there.  I haven't had the single barrel but to be honest, with the quality of the small batch, I'm not willing to pay nearly twice the price for it.

CEHT Small Batch is one of the best things for the price that comes out of the BT distillery IMO.  Well, maybe OWA is, but you get my drift.

Agree with all of the others.  It is a regular buy for me at $34 in my neck of the woods.  One of my favorite daily sippers.  It won't blow you away, but something about it keeps me coming back.

I guess everyone's taste is different but I wasn't impressed by it at all. It certainly wouldn't rank anywhere near the top of my favorites.

I would pick up a case at that price. It is my favorite bourbon to take to a party. Taste good and nice looking package. I always keep a few bottles on hand.

PS This is my 1111 post. It looks so good I hate to post again...like when your car has a major millage milestone so you pull over and don't want to drive anymore ... OK I'm crazy.

2016-06-15.jpg

Edited by Enoch

I did exactly that, bought a case, just over $200 inc tax out the door.

If you are local its at Hazels's Beverage World in Boulder.

Tried some last night and I really liked it, nice easy drinker, and like the poster above it will be a great "take to a party" bottle.

that's exactly what I'm doing, taking it to my cousin's house in Indy this weekend.  I also brought a bottle to poker night and we went through the bottle quick!  I've brought bottles of 1792EC12, larceny and Jefferson's to poker before, but this was the bottle that they went through completely.

First bottle of this Imever had was fantastic. That was 3-4 years ago. Ever since then they've been average at best and sometimes pretty hot on the palate. During this time, the price has gone up to about $47. I'm definitely out at that price. 

6 hours ago, flahute said:

First bottle of this Imever had was fantastic. That was 3-4 years ago. Ever since then they've been average at best and sometimes pretty hot on the palate. During this time, the price has gone up to about $47. I'm definitely out at that price. 

They taste young and hot to me as well.  I very much prefer ER10 (especially when it's on sale for $25). :D

8 minutes ago, Paddy said:

They taste young and hot to me as well.  I very much prefer ER10 (especially when it's on sale for $25). :D

That's the other bourbon I keep on hand for parties. It was on sale in VA last weekend while I was up there so I bought a few.

9 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Interesting.  I find ER10 to be a little too smooth and lacking in bitterness or bite.  I find CEHTsmB to be one of my favorite BT masbill 1 products.  A perfect balance IMO.  Different strokes for different folks I would say.  

My 2 pennies...fantastic price. Wow and a damn good bourbon but at that price a really good bourbon !

It definitely has a very different taste than most of the BT lineup.   I don't drink it often but it's a nice change of pace.

On 6/15/2016 at 9:30 PM, Canarse said:

Interesting.  I find ER10 to be a little too smooth and lacking in bitterness or bite.  I find CEHTsmB to be one of my favorite BT masbill 1 products.  A perfect balance IMO.  Different strokes for different folks I would say.  

Honestly...it depends on the night for me and what I've eaten previously.  Generally, I wouldn't put Eagle Rare in a $50+ bourbon category, but at its price, it's a great value.  For me, EHTSmB does what it is meant to, being a low rye, youngish bourbon.  Very fruit forward/sweet.   To me not much finish to speak of.  May not be the most complex thing around but the quality of what it does is great, especially for $32.  

May not be the best barometer but Bib & Tucker sells for $50...in which case, even Macallan 25 at $1,000 would be a better value/dollar...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.