EH Taylor Small Batch

birdie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ok....it came it went, made a trip into Boulder to pick up more and now its $49.99.

Glad I ended up with a case :-)

As with most BT products, it seems to dry up and then be plentiful.  I am seeing more CEHTSmB and less ER10 recently.  One of the local chains has it on sale for $36.99.  It is normally in the low to upper $40s in Indy.

On 6/13/2016 at 5:50 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I agree with what everyone else has said. It's a pretty good bourbon, and it's at a great price. It's the same here, just like jackthedog posted. On the shelf for $39.99. I can't recall ever seeing it cheaper than that in my neck of the woods, or anywhere else either. Buy one or two, and enjoy. :P

Cheers! Joe

I agree with Joe.  I've had a couple of bottles of the Single Barrel and tried some small batch over the weekend and actually like it better then the SB.

The SB isn't available near me. When I have rarely seen it, it's been priced around $75+, which doesn't seem worth it to me. 

I have bought a couple bottles of the SmB and really like them.  I tried a single barrel at a bar recently and honestly didn't really care for it.  I don't get how I can really like the SmB and be very "blah" on the single barrel.  I thought the tastes would be closer.  I guess not.  Just my $.02.

On 6/26/2016 at 8:42 PM, jackthedog said:

The SB isn't available near me. When I have rarely seen it, it's been priced around $75+, which doesn't seem worth it to me. 

Definitely not worth it in my experience at $75.

I grabbed some as well when Hazel's ran the one day special.  $32 is a steal and an easy pick up for some daily drinker bottles.

I've always thought the SB was nice, but not $75 nice.  The CEHT SmB at $39 is good stuff IMO.

If Hazel's follow form this deal will pop up again, as when I bought my case late in the day Sunday there was a ton left, and one of my buddies who work's there said it will probably come up again.

Off topic I know, but if you like wine they sometimes for their one day Sunday special throw some killer deals in there, not every week, but once a month something really decent pops up.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:42 PM, jackthedog said:

Is this the standard Single Barrel OBSV at 100 pf or a store pick that is at barrel proof and can be anyone of the 10 recipes? The barrel proof gift shop/store picks have been creeping up towards $75 depending on your location but the regular 4R SB should be closer to half that. Binny's has it at $39 and the Party Source listed it on sale at $35!

42 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Is this the standard Single Barrel OBSV at 100 pf or a store pick that is at barrel proof and can be anyone of the 10 recipes? The barrel proof gift shop/store picks have been creeping up towards $75 depending on your location but the regular 4R SB should be closer to half that. Binny's has it at $39 and the Party Source listed it on sale at $35!

I was talking about the EH Taylor Single Barrel. Apologies for the confusion! 

2 hours ago, jackthedog said:

I was talking about the EH Taylor Single Barrel. Apologies for the confusion! 

My fault, I didn't pay any attention to the title of the thread. That would have been helpful!

On 6/29/2016 at 6:40 PM, birdie said:

If Hazel's follow form this deal will pop up again, as when I bought my case late in the day Sunday there was a ton left, and one of my buddies who work's there said it will probably come up again.

Off topic I know, but if you like wine they sometimes for their one day Sunday special throw some killer deals in there, not every week, but once a month something really decent pops up.

I hope so.  There regular price is +10 over the norm so I won't by it there.

Outside of the occasional special release that I've picked up, I  have shown great indifference and restraint to buying the SmB and SB Taylor's.  Early buys did nothing for me, particularly the Small Batch.  But since I am distracted by shiny objects, and the Taylor packaging is so attractive...and  there seem to be some good reports on the SmB, I guess I'll have to get one.

Thank you to all you enablers...:wacko: 

I also found the small batch lacking.  Get rid of the tube, and put an age statement on it.  I would rather buy the liter bottle of JW Dant for half the price.  I would give CEHT Smb a try again around $30 though.

Edited by Golzee

1 hour ago, Golzee said:

I also found the small batch lacking.  Get rid of the tube, and put an age statement on it.  I would rather buy the liter bottle of JW Dant for half the price.  I would give CEHT Smb a try again around $30 though.

good!  leave it on the shelf for me ;)

BigPapa - you can have my share.  I find the CEHT's hotter than I like and, therefore, pricier than what I would buy instead.

Now, someone please explain to me why I continue to buy it.:o

Edited by Harry in WashDC

I purchased a bottle of the small batch and really like it. I paid $40.00 for it. The challenge now is not get greedy and drink it up too soon, but stretch it out.

35 minutes ago, whiskey buyer said:

I purchased a bottle of the small batch and really like it. I paid $40.00 for it. The challenge now is not get greedy and drink it up too soon, but stretch it out.

A bottle of such should be made to last.    ...At least a week.    Or most of one, anyway.

8 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

A bottle of such should be made to last.    ...At least a week.    Or most of one, anyway.

I am hoping to stretch it out for a couple of weeks. I will be picking up a bottle of Sazerac Rye this coming week to alternate my sipping.

1 hour ago, whiskey buyer said:

I am hoping to stretch it out for a couple of weeks. I will be picking up a bottle of Sazerac Rye this coming week to alternate my sipping.

I'm not a big fan of the 'Baby Saz'; but that's just my taste.     I like a bolder 'in-your-face' kind of pour most times.    The Baby Saz is quite mellow, with a decent rye character, though.    You may like that a great deal.    If it's new to you, give it a chance neat first.    Like I said, it's pretty mellow.   You can always add water or ice as you search for the best experience.

Incidentally, I was kidding about making a bottle last a week.     I've probably never killed off an entire bottle in less than 6-weex.    Then again, I have a large number to select from, so there is usually a 'rotation' they come up in, only infrequently (unless I really find one irresistible...HA!).    Enjoy!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.