EH Taylor Small Batch

birdie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I'm not a big fan of the 'Baby Saz'; but that's just my taste.     I like a bolder 'in-your-face' kind of pour most times.    The Baby Saz is quite mellow, with a decent rye character, though.    You may like that a great deal.    If it's new to you, give it a chance neat first.    Like I said, it's pretty mellow.   You can always add water or ice as you search for the best experience.

Incidentally, I was kidding about making a bottle last a week.     I've probably never killed off an entire bottle in less than 6-weex.    Then again, I have a large number to select from, so there is usually a 'rotation' they come up in, only infrequently (unless I really find one irresistible...HA!).    Enjoy!!!

My supply is really small so I will generally go through a bottle in about 2 weeks. I drink around an ounce to two ounces a day.

• 1 month later...

I really like the EH Taylor small batch at $40.00. I keep looking at the single barrel at 60.00 but that is a bit steep for me.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:20 PM, whiskey buyer said:

My supply is really small so I will generally go through a bottle in about 2 weeks. I drink around an ounce to two ounces a day.

I have about a half of a bottle of Baby Saz in the cabinet, but it seems to get a little lower every time take it out.

3 hours ago, whiskey buyer said:

I have about a half of a bottle of Baby Saz in the cabinet, but it seems to get a little lower every time take it out.

Hmmmmm.    I wonder why that might be...??????

I sat down with a pour of EH Taylor small batch last night. Now I know some of you will think this blaspheme, but I like to pour it over crushed ice.

I have really gown to appreciate the quality of this particular bourbon. As I was sitting there last night sipping on the bourbon, all I could think is man this is good.

Unfortunately I am almost at the end of the bottle, and don't have any more small batch on the shelf. 

Drink it however you want. I'm not above Jameson over ice when it's hot out and I want something lighter

17 hours ago, whiskey buyer said:

I sat down with a pour of EH Taylor small batch last night. Now I know some of you will think this blaspheme, but I like to pour it over crushed ice.

I have really gown to appreciate the quality of this particular bourbon. As I was sitting there last night sipping on the bourbon, all I could think is man this is good.

Unfortunately I am almost at the end of the bottle, and don't have any more small batch on the shelf. 

Lot's of people here drink bourbon over ice. Nothing wrong with that. 

Heck, Jimmy Russell says he likes to drink bourbon with ice because the bourbon makes the ice taste better. If it's good enough for a legend, it's good enough for anyone.

16 hours ago, flahute said:

bourbon makes the ice taste better

It absolutely makes the ice taste better, and I make sure I don't miss a single piece of the ice.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a bottle of this @ $40 this Spring (First time I'd ever seen it). Saving it for an occasion. They had the SiB also, but $40 is the top of my budget. Hope it lives up to my expectations

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.