What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2016

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bought a handle of JB white. Having a bash this weekend and can't stand the thought of somebody mixing any of the good stuff

Just now, Hrchokie said:

Bought a handle of JB white. Having a bash this weekend and can't stand the thought of somebody mixing any of the good stuff

Amen!

LOL Working vacation Rich. :mellow: Doing a few things inside, and outside the house. The bourbon was a bonus. Finish one thing, then have a pour before moving on to the next item on the list.[emoji6]

I was about to recommend carrying those home in separate bags. ..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

On June 22, 2016 at 0:06 AM, flahute said:

I'm still not sure why you would expect '08 Turkey to taste like '08 BT. What am I missing?

Not expecting it to taste like BT at all actually. I was more or less referencing the fact that the '08 BT seemed to have more robust flavors and depth to it in contrast to its thinner, less complex counterpart being released these days. So I am hoping the '08 Turkey has a lot more character and tasting layers than a bottle of WTKS bottled last week. 

1 hour ago, elmossle said:

Not expecting it to taste like BT at all actually. I was more or less referencing the fact that the '08 BT seemed to have more robust flavors and depth to it in contrast to its thinner, less complex counterpart being released these days. So I am hoping the '08 Turkey has a lot more character and tasting layers than a bottle of WTKS bottled last week. 

Got it. That makes sense. Now I follow you.

9 hours ago, elmossle said:

Ahhh, now I get the reason for comparing the two.

Just my experience; but the current Turkey products seem less different throughout the last decade or so than the slightly more variable Buffalo products.    I think quality control, including barrel mingling by better tasters at Turkey, may be the reason, along with less stock on hand to mingle lately in the case of the Buffalo.    Just guessing, of course.

Picked up a bottle of Blanton's and Eagle Rare this week.  Hadn't had ER in a couple of years but didn't care much for it then decided to give it another go and either it or me has changed - likely it's me but I liked it this time...

Two bottles of a store selected SAOS 11YO.

Another HW Yippee-Ki-Yay.

Kavalan Soloist Ex-Bourbon Cask Texas Edition.

Balcones Texas Rum 2016.

Oughtta' be a good weekend.

Found two ETL at $39 each and grabbed them. Also a RRRSiB at $46. (Russel's Reserve Rye.)

On 6/23/2016 at 1:07 PM, 5cents said:

I luckily picked up 4 CEHT barrel proofers yesterday on my way home from work.

Nice pick up. I still haven't seen the 2016 release show up in my area. I don't actually even know if it got released around here last year. 

8 hours ago, kjbeggs said:

Two bottles of a store selected SAOS 11YO.

Jealous!!  I'm all about finding some private selected SAOS right now, but there's just none to be had in my neck of the woods.

ECBP, release #11.  Got lucky, picked up two.  One for my Brother and one for yours truly  B)

"I grabbed three bottles of OWA store select single barrel at $30 apiece."

I've never seen a  Single Barrel version of Old Weller Antique here in Texas.

Edited by Kepler
Forgot to include the quote

Scooped up a Blanton's SFTB and a Hibiki 17 today.

Oh, and a Partagas Serie D No.4 and a Cohiba Genios Maduro 5.

Edited by TheVilleWRX

uploadfromtaptalk1466861007328.thumb.jpgpicked this up last night. Bottled on 8/9/11. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I was in Texas yesterday and picked up 2 RHF's. And a SB BP (115.? Proof) 10y Whistle Pig from Specs. 

Where in tx.....every time I'm in Plano I check specs and total wine for some rhf.

Snagged this today. Havent tried any of the EH Taylor varieties yet so I'm looking forward to giving this one a go.

20160625_114903.jpg

6 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Where in tx.....every time I'm in Plano I check specs and total wine for some rhf.

In Houston 

22 hours ago, Fort Knox said:

Jealous!!  I'm all about finding some private selected SAOS right now, but there's just none to be had in my neck of the woods.

The last time this store got some (9 and 10 YO barrels), it took a couple months to sell through. This barrel all sold out the day after he got it in.

Stumbled onto an ecbp while at costco today. It's now on my shelf!! Also snagged a 1ltr of OWA.

Haven't given ER10 a chance in a long time, so I decided to pick up a bottle.

Snagged ELT & a bottle OWA yesterday at a couple bucks over MSRP in MS.  Bought 3 ELT's last week, but couldn't pass this one up at that price.  

Also found a store selling an ETL @ $149.99 lol.  I was like...good luck with that. :wacko:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.