What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2016

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a bottle of the latest Col EH Taylor Barrel Proof (127.5 as I recall) for just over $70.  I passed on the last bottle a week earlier at another store, but the second temptation got the best of me.

Grabbed a bottle of 1792 Single Barrel.

has anyone tried this and what did you think? I heard it was very creamy and fruity 

2 minutes ago, BigPapa said:

has anyone tried this and what did you think? I heard it was very creamy and fruity 

I have had two of them, excellent.  I am looking now for a replacement.  I tried the 1792 Full Proof last night and to me the Single Barrel is much better.

I just opened a bottle this week and was very impressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BigPapa said:

I've had it in the form of a small batch private selection of a single barrel.  I've only had one pour of it but I really enjoyed it, and thought it was actually less fruity than the small batch.  I'll revisit it this weekend, though.

Picked up a few for the cabinet today.  Had to buy that bottle of JB White.

IMG_3593.jpg

Xgiw3ky.jpg

Finally found some ECBP in Virginia! This was an online order. They had them available for online order about a month ago for a few hours but I missed it. For some reason a week ago they put more up very briefly and I managed to snag some for $49.99 each.

Good way to start the weekend.

I'm psyched. I grabbed a bottle of CEHT BP at $75 after a 10% coupon. I have one open so this is a backup but glad to have it. This store has been really good to me lately. Over the last month I've gotten two ETLs, an ECBP and this CEHT BP from the same place at or about retail pricing. 

Picked up a PS standard 4RSB.  Turns out I've found another honey barrel to stock up on!  Hate it when that happens...:D

Picked up a Baby Saz yesterday.  Was thrilled to get their last one from behind the counter or so they led me to believe.

Picked up some 4R's PS OBSO (12y, 55.5%) from Spec's in Houston. I don't know if it's gone yet, but you Houston boys need to get down there and get some of this barrel. This is a great barrel of bourbon. 

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

Picked up some 4R's PS OBSO (12y, 55.5%) from Spec's in Houston. I don't know if it's gone yet, but you Houston boys need to get down there and get some of this barrel. This is a great barrel of bourbon. 

Thanks for the heads up, still looking for Elliot's select in Texas 

5 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Those lower proof BP offerings from 4R and Smooth Ambler have really struck a chord with me.  I've yet to have a bad one and the majority of them are layered with greatness.  Your local pick sounds like a good one.

1 hour ago, petrel800 said:

Those lower proof BP offerings from 4R and Smooth Ambler have really struck a chord with me.  I've yet to have a bad one and the majority of them are layered with greatness.  Your local pick sounds like a good one.

If I see a random BP store pick of anything (and I know for sure that it is actually barrel proof) with a fairly low ABV (mid to low 50s), I am apt to take a chance on it.  Not that there is anything wrong with the 60+ % bourbon, just that I've had good luck with lower abv barrels up until now.  Self fulfilling prophecy, probably.

HMcK BIB (which I will taste later tonight, and if I like it, will go back for more of this "single barrel") and an EW BIB.  Haven't had EW BIB in awhile.  We can't get HH 6yr BIB here (at least not without begging and such), so . . .

Buffalo Trace at Big Red Liquors for $16.99 so I bought a case. Best deal I've found on it.

That is a great price.

I got spendy and picked up a 50ml of EW black. I really enjoyed it after a rough day of vacation.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

George T. Stagg Jr. made an appearance on a local store shelf, so I had to take one home.  EH Taylor small batch also hitched a ride home with me.  I have not tasted either one, so I hope I like them. 

5 hours ago, Darwin said:

George T. Stagg Jr. made an appearance on a local store shelf, so I had to take one home.  EH Taylor small batch also hitched a ride home with me.  I have not tasted either one, so I hope I like them. 

I personally like both.  I like the EHTSmB better than the single barrel, and dollar-for-dollar, is a good deal even compared with the barrel proof.  I kind of like Stagg Jr. better than the recent batch of EHTBP.

Bought ER10 for $25.99 because that's the best price I've seen on it.  Also got a store selection of Angel's Envy.  Less excited about it but want to do a SBS comparison with the 1792 Port Finish.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.