What beer are you enjoying? Summer '16

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had more than a couple Sam Adams Oktoberfest beers celebrating my sisters birthday.  In other beer news, am on a hunt for Old Style Oktoberfest???  I had no idea Old Style made other iterations, however, a guy at Binnys said it was very good.  I just want to try it out of curiosity.

Last night:  Dark Horse Oktoberfest.  Dark and malty at 7.5% abv, Dark Horse never disappoints.  I'll get another 6-pack for sure.

I attended the PEI Beer Festival yesterday.  My 2 favourite beers from the festival were both from Collective Arts Brewing from Ontario.  They were Collective Arts Ransack The Universe Hemisphere IPA and Collective Arts Stranger Than Fiction Porter.  I'm sure sure if either of these make their way to the US but be sure to give them a try if you visit Ontario.

On 9/4/2016 at 9:42 PM, Golzee said:

Had more than a couple Sam Adams Oktoberfest beers celebrating my sisters birthday.  In other beer news, am on a hunt for Old Style Oktoberfest???  I had no idea Old Style made other iterations, however, a guy at Binnys said it was very good.  I just want to try it out of curiosity.

I saw the Old Style Oktoberfest and just passed it by, associating it with the namesake beer.  If it was recommended, I may have to give it a chance.  No beers left behind.

I had an assortment of things this holiday weekend.  Started with an Odd Side Ales tap takeover event at my favorite beer spot.  I had the Rye Hipster Brunch Stout (excellent) and the Scallywagger IPA aged in rum barrels (interesting but not my favorite).  Also this weekend opened a Schlafly BBA Imperial Stout (shared), had Surly Furious IPA, and Captain's Copper from Shipwrecked brewery in Door County, WI.  A family member also found two bottles of Three Floyds Zombie Dust for me, so I was happy to try that for the first time.

I think on deck for tonight is an Oktoberfest beer...Great Lakes, Surly, New Glarus, or Ballast Point...have not decided yet.

Jason

Off Color's Apex Predator.  Man, I love this beer.  Farmhouse/Saison done very well.  Not a huge hop guy but I love the dry hopping in this!

-Mike

Leinenkugel's...at Miller Park.

Watching the team that replaced the Braves...when the Braves moved to Atlanta.

In a stadium...that is over 50% Cubs fans.

And thank God this roof closes...it's pouring outside.

It's what makes Merica...MERICA!!!!

GO BREW CREW!!!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 9/4/2016 at 10:42 PM, Golzee said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I went out and found some Old Style Oktoberfest.  I got the last five cans that were at a South Indy store with the largest beer selection.  It comes in a four pack of 16oz. cans, and they are light blue and white.  I initially walked right past them.  I had to have the store guy help me find them.  Good thing I asked.  A disclaimer - I like Oktoberfest/Marzen beers a lot.  I'm really enjoying this.  I get a sweet malty taste, and a citrusy orange taste that's probably from hops.

• 2 weeks later...

After another great KBF, but a crappy drive back (6 hr drive turned into 8 due to near interstate shutdown North of Chattanooga and torrential rain throughout) had me salivating to hit this Great Lakes Oktoberfest that I picked up in Bardstown.  One of my favorite Octoberfest  seasonal brews.

image.jpg

^^A well deserved reward after that lengthy trip in poor weather... glad you made if home safely.

I played grill master today, which allowed me the perfect opportunity to bounce back and forth between a few Leinenkugel and Sammy Adams Octoberfest beverages. 

I wouldn't kick either of these out of bed, but if I had to choose one I swear I think I'd have to go with the Leiny!  :o     

19 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

After another great KBF, but a crappy drive back (6 hr drive turned into 8 due to near interstate shutdown North of Chattanooga and torrential rain throughout) had me salivating to hit this Great Lakes Oktoberfest that I picked up in Bardstown.  One of my favorite Octoberfest  seasonal brews.

I ended up getting off the interstate and driving the Old US 41 for a stretch once I got over Monteagle as we used to do back in the 60's. Quite nostalgic and perhaps a bit faster. But then a double accident shut it down again around Allatoona in addition to several hard rain storms. Junction of 75/285 was pretty messy as well. Nasty drive.

On September 19, 2016 at 2:13 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

I ended up getting off the interstate and driving the Old US 41 for a stretch once I got over Monteagle as we used to do back in the 60's. Quite nostalgic and perhaps a bit faster. But then a double accident shut it down again around Allatoona in addition to several hard rain storms. Junction of 75/285 was pretty messy as well. Nasty drive.

I had the pleasure of blowing down Monteagle in one of the heavier rains.  Not my favorite stretch even in good weather.  Yep, nasty drive.

Tonight, after a good day in the office it's Goose Island Green Line.    I've never seen this outside Chicago, but picked up a six pack at Toddy's in Bardstown.  This is my go-to on draught at Lou Malnati's in Chicago (along with 312) when I'm there several times a year.  One of those that hits me anywhere from meh to spectacular.  Totally dependent on my mood and palate.  Tonight, it's really good!

image.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.