Parker's Heritage 10 - 24yr old BIB

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, flahute said:

If you've been out of the game for 2-3 years you may not be aware of just how much competition there is for these limited editions now. If you have a guy that sets one aside for you, then no problem. If not, be prepared to hustle.

Oh, right. Cue the sad trombone.

I definitely forgot about "the hustle." It's why I stopped buying in the first place. Oh, well. I'll make some inquiries at my local stores (nearly all of which are chains, rather than mom-and-pop shops) and see what happens. I'm pretty new to Austin and it seems fairly worked-over in terms of dusties and the sort of stuff I'm looking for, but maybe I'll get lucky. Oh, and if there are any other members in Austin that are up for a few hours of hunting, let me know!

Thanks again for the heads-up, flahute!

Scratch the speculation I was going to post about this one's msrp... Just saw $250. Which is surprisingly fair considering WT and Beam's latest offerings. I guess I'd be in for that, if I was offered one.

Edited by Auracom

The price is fair given HH's consistent quality and other annual releases  but this is going to be beaver bourbon for sure.

9 hours ago, Josh said:

The price is fair given HH's consistent quality and other annual releases  but this is going to be beaver bourbon for sure.

Josh; I think you are almost certainly correct on both counts.   A fair price, given the relationship these limited releases have shown with rarity, and more importantly with age AND rarity.    .... Not to mention, HH's great record of high quality at reasonable prices.      BUT, remember that many have found EC 12 to be the epitome of age and reasonable price.    Now double the oak in that formula; and one must wonder if anyone but a beaver would find it balanced... or even enjoyable.   Makes me for one wonder if the price is worth the gamble.    For drinking?    I'm inclined toward; "no".    For collecting/flipping?    Might be a steal, if that's a game you favor.   Just sayin'.......

10 hours ago, Josh said:

I've never seen the phrase "beaver bourbon" before.  What a marvelous term!   My life is now marginally improved by having this term in my repertoire.  Thank you.

Edited by garbanzobean

On 8/20/2016 at 9:50 PM, garbanzobean said:

I've never seen the phrase "beaver bourbon" before.  What a marvelous term!   My life is now marginally improved by having this term in my repertoire.  Thank you.

Ha! Thanks. Not to toot my own horn (although I would if I could), but I believe I coined it. The first time I remember using it was when Oscar was giving me a tour of his old bunker and he pointed out a particularly old and woody WT expression.

Beaver Bourbon- lol...

I was slow in figuring out the reference to be a flavor profile, rather than some sort of dig at flippers.

Dolphins. Beavers, & Squirrels (hoarders) Oh My!

11 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Mmmmmmmmmm, beaver.....

Well, there are Beavers . . . . . and there are Beavers......

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw once a long time ago. :D

images.jpeg

20 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Mmmmmmmmmm, beaver.....

Not that kind of Beaver Bourbon, the kind you're thinking of is Jefferson's Ocean

Talked with the Heritage Center today.  Price there will be $299.  There will be less than originally thought as some barrel or batches did not meet expectations so not as many bottles available. 

1 hour ago, Tennessee Dave said:

Talked with the Heritage Center today.  Price there will be $299.  There will be less than originally thought as some barrel or batches did not meet expectations so not as many bottles available. 

How many people were already in line when you called?:)

13 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Well, there are Beavers . . . . . and there are Beavers......

I couldn't help it......

23 hours ago, flahute said:

How many people were already in line when you called?:)

Don't know but they said it will be sold in the few days before the Bourbon Festival.

On 8/25/2016 at 7:25 PM, Tennessee Dave said:

Don't know but they said it will be sold in the few days before the Bourbon Festival.

Hmmm, I'll be there visiting on Tuesday, 9/7. If it's available, will I want to drop that kind of dough on a bottle, early in my trip?

18 minutes ago, kjbeggs said:

Hmmm, I'll be there visiting on Tuesday, 9/7. If it's available, will I want to drop that kind of dough on a bottle, early in my trip?

You know you will want to, and you know you will do so.  :) And while you're at it, if you want to grab me one I'll reimburse you when you get back in town!  

Edited by dcbt

3 minutes ago, dcbt said:

You know you will want to, and you know you will do so.  :) And while you're at it, if you want to grab me one I'll reimburse you when you get back in town!  

Apparently you know me too well. 

$300 will put a big dent in what I was planning to stay under for the whole trip, but It will be better than trying to hunt one down back home.

I'll try to grab a couple extras if i find it. 

This bottle is now out in the wild and is already on the secondary market. There's one currently on auction at over $600 with a day or two left to go. The boom is strong with this one.

I saw a picture on instagram of someone who bought 6 bottles. $1,500 is a lot to spend on 6 bottles of bourbon.

Damn.  I was offered a bottle at MSRP.  It's above my usual threshold, but this thread is making me reconsider buying it.  

I will drink it.  Am I worth that much?

1 hour ago, Canarse said:

Damn.  I was offered a bottle at MSRP.  It's above my usual threshold, but this thread is making me reconsider buying it.  

I will drink it.  Am I worth that much?

Did they have the bottle already in hand? I have yet to see it at this end of the state. That might mean it is coming next week possibly.

13 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

I saw a picture on instagram of someone who bought 6 bottles. $1,500 is a lot to spend on 6 bottles of bourbon.

I have a feeling that they're not keeping them all.

2 hours ago, amg said:

I have a feeling that they're not keeping them all.

Or any of them for that matter.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.