Parker's Heritage 10 - 24yr old BIB

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

17 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Good God!!! Open 'Em!!!!    How can you stand having all that wonderful Whiskey at hand and just LOOK AT IT!!!!????   ...Not TASTE 'EM???      ARRRRRGGGG!!!!    Why NOT?????

(The one possible exception is the Malt; although I personally like it very well.... not many others found it a worthy offering for PH.)

I have already tried all of them, ( just the ones pictured, however I was able to try the 27 yr, back at Binny's a few yrs. back when they did that sort of thing) between my friend and I he has all the Parker's and EC's open, I have all the pappy's  and BTAC open, so we just bounce back and forth between them mainly on Friday's. It works out well. I also like the Malt, it was not what I expected, I thought I wouldn't like it.

I have already tried all of them, ( just the ones pictured, however I was able to try the 27 yr, back at Binny's a few yrs. back when they did that sort of thing) between my friend and I he has all the Parker's and EC's open, I have all the pappy's  and BTAC open, so we just bounce back and forth between them mainly on Friday's. It works out well. I also like the Malt, it was not what I expected, I thought I wouldn't like it.

The 27yr was really, really good.

I'm adding in a couple more shots for those that have never seen some of the early years.

a179be573ab03513e5df7d0db71e6e7d.jpg

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Awww, Jeeeez!     Now, yer jest showin' off!      Good for you, BFerguson!

Yeah, that's a lot of PHC

On December 1, 2016 at 10:29 AM, dSculptor said:

Congrats, Don! That's a great acquisition. When that someday rolls around, you'll be in for some fine drinking! I, too, enjoyed the Malt as a change of pace. Thought it wasn't bad at all, though I can see why some were disappointed they didn't add a rye or another bourbon to the lineup.

So just for the hell of it, I asked HH if they would send me a new label for the 24, ...they did.. Quite nice of them, it is a stick on label, now do I put it over the top of the other one, or try to scrape off the old one first....hmmmmmm.

Oh and.... B ...quite a impressive stash! Do you have the whole line-up bunkered in multiples?

4 hours ago, dSculptor said:

So just for the hell of it, I asked HH if they would send me a new label for the 24, ...they did.. Quite nice of them, it is a stick on label, now do I put it over the top of the other one, or try to scrape off the old one first....hmmmmmm.

That was nice of them. Personally, I'd try to get the old one off first. If it's a paper label (I think it is), then if you get it wet and let it sit for a while (long enough for the water to soak through, not so long that it dries again), then you may be able to peel it off. Of course, it depends on the glue that they use. If the old label starts ripping apart when you're trying to remove it, you'll still be able to get it all off, it'll just take more time and require some scraping/scrubbing.

This is fun, now I just need to crack my phc10 as it's the only in the collection I haven't tried. I parted ways with the fall 90',  but my buddy was kind enough to give me a sample so I can compare to spring 91'. I have to hope Mr. Minnick's taste buds were off the day he reviewed the two as the reviews didn't come back very favorable on whiskey advocate. Guess I'll have to rely on my own, but hoping this isn't the most over rated in the collection.IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

Oh and.... B ...quite a impressive stash! Do you have the whole line-up bunkered in multiples?

Mostly. Only have singles of the 1st and 27yr old. Not likely going to luck out into any 24yr.
Streak may be ending.

Now, if I do find one, it is coming home.

Should have bought more of the 1st. There was plenty on the shelf. But the ~$80 per bottle was pricey at the time. But, I had two other bottles of Hirsch 16yr in the cart, so the bill was enough that day. Hirsch was $49.

Fun to reminisce about what was......

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Rich on this one - how can you NOT pop at least the wheat, and maybe the malt just because.  OTOH, I sort of like your idea of waiting until you can't wait anymore then opening them all then drinking them all at once.  That is what you said, right?B)

13 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I'm with Rich on this one - how can you NOT pop at least the wheat, and maybe the malt just because.  OTOH, I sort of like your idea of waiting until you can't wait anymore then opening them all then drinking them all at once.  That is what you said, right?B)

Hey Harry,

I actually have a second of the Wheat -- which is open,(almost gone as a matter of fact) the only double I have. Yeah,(just to clarify) someday I will open them all at once and have a POUR of each. :P

On December 7, 2016 at 9:33 AM, dSculptor said:

Wow, that was very nice of them. 

I would have never thought to have asked. 

• 3 weeks later...

That's good to know. I still have two PHC6th that came with no labels; this was when they had a mishap during bottling. I drank two previously.

I may come to ask them for the labels. Hahaha

Thanks

Nice picture of your collection! I have not ever tried any of the Parkers, but it is on my list to do so.  If I happen to see one on the shelf at a liquor store which one is it most likely to be? just wondering!

4 hours ago, ridetoslide said:

Nice picture of your collection! I have not ever tried any of the Parkers, but it is on my list to do so.  If I happen to see one on the shelf at a liquor store which one is it most likely to be? just wondering!

I'd say most likely would be the single malt 8 or 13 year wheat whiskey at this current point in time. You may run across others, including this years 24 BIB, but they more than likely will be marked up.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:30 PM, JNeff33 said:

This is fun, now I just need to crack my phc10 as it's the only in the collection I haven't tried. I parted ways with the fall 90',  but my buddy was kind enough to give me a sample so I can compare to spring 91'. I have to hope Mr. Minnick's taste buds were off the day he reviewed the two as the reviews didn't come back very favorable on whiskey advocate. Guess I'll have to rely on my own, but hoping this isn't the most over rated in the collection.IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

She's a beaut!  I haven't been able to find any PHC around here unfortunately.  I would really love to try some of those, maybe I'll just be lucky enough to find a bottle or two someday. 

Pertaining to the post I would glady drop a minimum of 250$ MSRP for a bottle of the 24 year, if I could've found that gem anywhere.

Edited by Malakai432

OK, so I finally tried this and I have to say I'm shocked. I do not find it to be "Beaver Bourbon" as I feared it may be. I also think it is notably better than the last EC23 I had, which is nice because when I first heard about this release I initially thought "EC23 in a fancier bottle". I don't know if it is just barrel selection, if it's the extra proof, or what but this seems less oaked and sweeter. Now if only I had a few bottles.....

So after coming down with the flu a few days before New Years, I was finally able to crack my bottle of Spring '91. I'm pouring side by side to a sample I received of the Fall '90. They both are incredibly complex. Typical honeycomb that you get from Heaven Hill and the nose makes me feel like I'm standing in their bonded warehouse on the tour. The Fall has a little more oak as compared to a sweeter touch on the Spring. Both have a bit of heat on the palate. I'm going to let them sit for a bit and see how they open up. Great pour and worth the effort of obtaining a bottle.

On 12/31/2016 at 8:58 PM, BottledInBond said:

OK, so I finally tried this and I have to say I'm shocked. I do not find it to be "Beaver Bourbon" as I feared it may be. I also think it is notably better than the last EC23 I had, which is nice because when I first heard about this release I initially thought "EC23 in a fancier bottle". I don't know if it is just barrel selection, if it's the extra proof, or what but this seems less oaked and sweeter. Now if only I had a few bottles.....

Which batch did you happen to try?

Thanks. It's becoming difficult to want to drop $250 on something that had little to no review on it, had it not been for keeping the collection going, I may have passed. Having said that, it's been a fun collection to try the variation on and this year doesn't disappoint.

Had a pour of PH10 last night thanks to a generous SBer.  I liked it a lot.  Great nose.  The taste was also good.  Sweet up front with oaky dryness following. It had some similar flavors to EC18 and EC23 without the over-oaked notes of EC23 but it was richer and more complex.  It had a medium to long finish.  Overall, very nice.

On January 1, 2017 at 8:02 PM, JNeff33 said:

Which batch did you happen to try?

I don't know which batch I had, it was from a friend's bottle

I have so far only tried a sample of this (I think it was Spring '91 bottle) and while it was good I wasn't exactly blown away by it. Unlike the Bookers rye which was even more expensive but I did find to be very memorable in most every way. Maybe the barrel proof helps (doesn't it always???) or maybe I just don't like really old whiskey.

Or perhaps my expectations were way too high to begin with. Although the PHC10 certainly isn't as oaky as some of the recent older Elijah Craig bottlings that I have had (and really didn't care for).

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

The Virginia ABC is having an online lottery of the PH 24 year bourbon (entry dates are 1/25-1/27, VA residents only) with the lucky winners having to shell out $249.99.  What say you SB fans, is it worth entering?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.