Old Grand Dad rumor

Kyjd75
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Manager at Friar Tuck saw my daughter and I talking about the OGD114 and came over to tell us that once it was all gone they aren't ever going to get any more. So..that notion is still out there. When I told her that likely wasn't accurate she told me that her distributor would know better than me.  They had about 10 bottles at $28.99. Before all this they were selling it before Christmas for $22.99.

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

Manager at Friar Tuck saw my daughter and I talking about the OGD114 and came over to tell us that once it was all gone they aren't ever going to get any more. So..that notion is still out there. When I told her that likely wasn't accurate she told me that her distributor would know better than me.  They had about 10 bottles at $28.99. Before all this they were selling it before Christmas for $22.99.

that may have been true when her distributor told  her that. It may still be true. We won't know until/if we see it stocked again. If I were you and I really liked OGD114, I'd spend the extra $6 a bottle and be safe instead of sorry. Given the market today, $29 a bottle is still a good price for a practically barrel proof bourbon, and even more so if you really like it. They were $26 when I bought 10 the week the rumor gained traction. I still don't regret it, I'll be drinking them still a decade from now

10 hours ago, Whiskey Dick said:

that may have been true when her distributor told  her that. It may still be true. We won't know until/if we see it stocked again. If I were you and I really liked OGD114, I'd spend the extra $6 a bottle and be safe instead of sorry. Given the market today, $29 a bottle is still a good price for a practically barrel proof bourbon, and even more so if you really like it. They were $26 when I bought 10 the week the rumor gained traction. I still don't regret it, I'll be drinking them still a decade from now

I have 4 or 5 so I'm probably good. I like it... but I wouldn't be completely heartbroken if it was gone.

I'm with you - 114 isn't my favorite, but it's damn good (unbeatable even?) for the $23 I usually pay.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.