What Water of Life did you purchase today? Fall/Winter 2016-2017

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Yes, from what I've seen the OPs have been a good value here as well. The ones K&L has been bringing in have been especially reasonable - the Laphroaig I mentioned was $90, which seems well below the going rate for independently bottled teenage CS Laphroaigs. Unfortunately, like you, I'll need to clear some space on the Scotch shelf before I crack it open.

That's an amazing price, better than here even!!

I bought four bottles of various Bruichladdich bottlings yesterday...two of the Port Charlotte 10 Second Edition, one Laddie 10 Second Edition, and one Classic Laddie.  I also got a Redbreast Lustau, a Macallan 12, and a Hakushu 12. 

Costco has Highland Queen Majesty 12 yo Single Malt for $20.  I am not expecting much of anything from this one.  I really purchased it to make blackberry whisky.  ;)

I hope I get a nice surprise, but I won't be shocked if not.  

HighlandQueen12.jpg

Purchased a bottle of Compass Box 3 Year Old.......bottle number 3282.

Edited by onewman

Found a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh batch 46 while visiting family and had to pick it up at $87. It is wonderful stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kavalan Sherry Cask.  Cask Strength 58.6%.  From 2008, bottled in 2015.

Edited by El Vino

On April 19, 2017 at 10:28 PM, El Vino said:

Kavalan Sherry Cask.  Cask Strength 58.6%.  From 2008, bottled in 2015.

How do you like it? It's pretty sherry forward, but I love it.

3 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

How do you like it? It's pretty sherry forward, but I love it.

Will let you know Wednesday.  A old whiskey-loving friend and I are meeting in NY on Tuesday after work to give it a whirl.  I love a sherry-bomb, so this should be right up my alley.

12 minutes ago, El Vino said:

Will let you know Wednesday.  A old whiskey-loving friend and I are meeting in NY on Tuesday after work to give it a whirl.  I love a sherry-bomb, so this should be right up my alley.

It should indeed. The heat gives it good balance.

I just picked up the talisker myself, never had it. Will be a little bit before I open, any idea what I can expect?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, skiwez2 said:

I just picked up the talisker myself, never had it. Will be a little bit before I open, any idea what I can expect?

Which Talisker did you get? I happen to like the 10 the best.

12 hours ago, skiwez2 said:

Juicy sweet sea air and smoke with a wee bit of white pepper.  Talisker is one of my favorites.   ;)

Let us know your thoughts after you have a few drams.

Edited by Darwin
Spellin, dam auto correct.

Absolutely will do. I also got the 10 year. Seemed like a good value. Was on sale maybe $45

On 4/25/2017 at 8:04 PM, DeepCover said:

Picked these up recently.

image.jpeg

Deep, I recently just had some Vinho Barrique. Fantastic mouthfeel and a truly unique experience.  Hope the Podium and Ex-Bourbon are similar.

1 hour ago, RussianBourbonLover said:

Deep, I recently just had some Vinho Barrique. Fantastic mouthfeel and a truly unique experience.  Hope the Podium and Ex-Bourbon are similar.

Thanks! Yeah, the Vinho is a unique animal. I love it! I have one hidden in the back of my whiskey stash somewhere.

i also tried the standard sherry cask as well as the Fino Sherry. Both are Sherry bombs, but in a good way. I have a bottle of sherry cask on order, hoping to get it in the next week or 2.

i really like what I've seen from this distillery so far.

11 hours ago, skiwez2 said:

Absolutely will do. I also got the 10 year. Seemed like a good value. Was on sale maybe $45

Talisker 10 is $72 + tax here.  At $45 I would be tempted to put a case in the bunker.  I did when Costco had the Talisker Storm on sale.  It's a bit young and assertive, but I like it.

Placed an order with K&L yesterday - Ardbeg Uigeadail ($56) & K&L Single Barrel Cask Strength 21 Year Craigellachie ($90)

Very excited to try these.  Loved the Craig 13 I just finished.  Great shop.  Even after shipping cost to CO most stuff ends up much cheaper than anything I can find around Denver.  

Edited by savagehenry42

Placed an order with K&L yesterday - Ardbeg Uigeadail ($56) & K&L Single Barrel Cask Strength 21 Year Craigellachie ($90)

Very excited to try these.  Loved the Craig 13 I just finished.  Great shop.  Even after shipping cost to CO most stuff ends up much cheaper than anything I can find around Denver.  

Ooh a cask strength 21 year Craig. I may need to be putting in an order. I would love to hear how you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, BigRich said:

Ooh a cask strength 21 year Craig. I may need to be putting in an order. I would love to hear how you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be getting it late next week.  I'll tell you all what I think.

On April 26, 2017 at 9:18 PM, Darwin said:

Juicy sweet sea air and smoke with a wee bit of white pepper.  Talisker is one of my favorites.   ;)

Let us know your thoughts after you have a few drams.

I find this description to be spot-on from my experience also. Although I don't get much pepper on the 18.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.