Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got a few more to go. 

9E9C00EC-EFC4-4A94-8714-A3951313816C.thumb.jpeg.d1ad6c57023756ebc129da51d8849f67.jpeg
I just finished one of those myself. How did you feel about it? I didn't think it was bad, but I wasn't blown away either. I found it to be very cinnamon/big red/red hots, but not much else.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On 12/28/2017 at 9:24 PM, reeko said:

Finished some wt101. It always proves to be a great pour.

I am also a fan, pretty consistently delicious

1 hour ago, mortre said:

I just finished one of those myself. How did you feel about it? I didn't think it was bad, but I wasn't blown away either. I found it to be very cinnamon/big red/red hots, but not much else.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I love CEHT SmB, I get a pecan/walnut pie flavor that I love. I put one small cube in the glass swirl it a few times and take the cube out, that is where I get the best flavor. I tend to drink this one too fast sometimes. I'ts one of very few, I have backups of.

I am also a fan, pretty consistently delicious
It's my go to for a neat daily pour, or if somebody comes over for a mixed drink. The flavor comes through.

I just finished a bakers. It was delicious! I sometimes wonder if kc single barrel is a better deal than bakers. Similar in price but kc is older with a higher proof. 961664f617af2f4b0f1d9030c0bc1f14.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Killed this after a year. I don’t know that I need a support group. It was a generous gift from someone who didn’t realize I don’t care too much for finished whiskey. I did come to appreciate it after hearing from Nancy about all she was trying to do when blending it. I think she hit the target. It’s just not for me, though the cold weather and holiday season also helped to put me in the mood to appreciate the profile. 

4D3D0BDC-8784-4FFC-BE34-B31A322B4C0F.jpeg

Bottle kill in effect. Stinks though as I like this one and it’s hard to find.

226c5aced6a7b9a71dc966f7bab7ec03.jpg

• I like it 1

First soldier lost in 2018. The holidays have just been murder on the cabinet this season and we didn't even have family visit this year! Hope everyone is having a great start to the new year! Cheers????!700454c037246745840d9ec5f42ba9b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 3

On 12/30/2017 at 9:15 PM, reeko said:

It's my go to for a neat daily pour, or if somebody comes over for a mixed drink. The flavor comes through.

I just finished a bakers. It was delicious! I sometimes wonder if kc single barrel is a better deal than bakers. Similar in price but kc is older with a higher proof. 961664f617af2f4b0f1d9030c0bc1f14.jpg

Arguably I don't find the flavor profiles to be similar at all.

I think each whiskey has its place, but would never consider either to be a substitute for the other.

That being said, I enjoy them both.

On 12/31/2017 at 3:31 PM, Marekv8 said:

A nice send off to 2017 with the demise of this 17…

IMG_8124.thumb.jpg.2931b43f9efab57e479375875b05e599.jpg

Working on a bottle myself. 

Just finished a JB Signature Craft 12yr and still can't believe how much I've enjoyed it. I'm definitely not one of JB's biggest fans, but this bottle was wonderful. Every time I'd pour a glass I was surprised at how flavorful and polished it was and would say to myself "yes, it's still good", completely expecting my thoughts of it to change. I can only imagine how much more I'd like it if it were a few points higher in proof........

Thanks again to BourbonJoe's buddy Larry for convincing me to try it, and then letting me take home what was left of the bottle from the gazebo at this years KBF. Another reminder to myself to always keep an open mind and not to damn a whiskey because of preconceived notions.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

I think each whiskey has its place, but would never consider either to be a substitute for the other.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall hearing/reading somewhere that Baker's is a lower barrel entry proof.

Good morning…

IMG_8127.thumb.jpg.e3f3a9873ed84a041e9b710f22974cc7.jpg

I wish I could find Gammel Dansk in the US...It’s even better than Underberg to me. I sometimes have to ration my supply between visits to Denmark.

I agree with you in terms of the flavor profile, both bring different palate flavors. I was just wondering about the age plus higher proof, since the kc single barrel is cheaper. For me, I would buy more bakers if it were more inexpensive compared to the kcsb.

1 hour ago, reeko said:

I agree with you in terms of the flavor profile, both bring different palate flavors. I was just wondering about the age plus higher proof, since the kc single barrel is cheaper. For me, I would buy more bakers if it were more inexpensive compared to the kcsb.

Ahh, but you see, the marketing department knows somthing you don't.  ;)

8 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I wish I could find Gammel Dansk in the US...It’s even better than Underberg to me. I sometimes have to ration my supply between visits to Denmark.

I brought Gammel Dansk in through The Whisky Exchange/UK-- I'm in agreement that's it both tasty and effective.

IMG_8131.thumb.jpg.e1625c7b21dece66572c3d3fdeb7c773.jpg

I brought Gammel Dansk in through The Whisky Exchange/UK-- I'm in agreement that's it both tasty and effective.

IMG_8131.thumb.jpg.e1625c7b21dece66572c3d3fdeb7c773.jpg

Cool! I just received my first order from Master of Malt, and was actually surprised that they shipped to Tennessee. I haven’t checked to see if Whiskey Exchange ships to Tennessee or not. I get to Denmark often enough that I really shouldn’t have to order Gammel Dansk, but it’s nice to know that’s an option. Have you tried their premium Asmund Special? It is phenomenal!

11 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Cool! I just received my first order from Master of Malt, and was actually surprised that they shipped to Tennessee. I haven’t checked to see if Whiskey Exchange ships to Tennessee or not. I get to Denmark often enough that I really shouldn’t have to order Gammel Dansk, but it’s nice to know that’s an option. Have you tried their premium Asmund Special? It is phenomenal!

Master of Malt carries the standard Gammel Dansk as well. I've not tried the Asmund Special-- but thanks for the tip. Seems like that one is going to be a bit tougher to reel in. The number of retailers able to ship to Louisiana has dwindled to nearly zero over the past few years.

Master of Malt carries the standard Gammel Dansk as well. I've not tried the Asmund Special-- but thanks for the tip. Seems like that one is going to be a bit tougher to reel in. The number of retailers able to ship to Louisiana has dwindled to nearly zero over the past few years.

Yeah, the Asmund Special was a limited edition back in 2007 or 2008, and I don’t know if they made it for several years or just one. I still have most of my second bottle, but plan on looking for another bottle when I’m in Denmark this summer. If we ever meet up in Baton Rouge, I’ll try to remember to bring it with me...and maybe I can get a sip of that Black Tot! [emoji6][emoji106] Of course Bruce and Paul would probably like to taste that Black Tot too, but they may already have their own bottles.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.