Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Trying to work the bunker down. Last night i retired three bottles that had about two ounces each: Blanton's, Stagg jr first batch, and Charter 101. Pleasant. 

• I like it 2

Not pictured but killed a bottle of OGD BIB. Also sorta of cheating as I filled to the top a fifth of W12 recently, however this handle is dead.

d9c2c0365853411801123dbad9efb4e7.jpg

• I like it 1

Goodbye "friend".... You will NOT be missed. I had to choke this one down as quick as I could to open up another bottle (that's actually delicious).

IMG_1469.thumb.JPG.f0c47d5ddb19d9226e612883fa2a89ee.JPG

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Available and very very good. I’ll be adding another. 

D2522FC3-E230-4201-8675-4717BD43882A.jpeg

I just finished a bottle and bought another OF1920 to replace it! Love that stuff!!

Cheers!

• I like it 1

On 12/7/2017 at 8:20 PM, 0895 said:

Been a good week for making shelf space.

That means new bottles are coming outta the bunker.

Yay!

IMAG2860.jpg

How is the rebel yell? Three pack on sale for $40 blended, bourbon, and rye

Not really an empty, but as of Thursday, there's been one less bottle in my bunker. Gone is a bottle of HH 6 BIB. A Xmas present to someone deserving. ^_^

Biba! Joe

14 hours ago, Cornfed12 said:

How is the rebel yell? Three pack on sale for $40 blended, bourbon, and rye

Mine was the 10 year old single barrel, sourced from Heaven Hill.

I can't tell you much about the normal offerings, except that I didn't care for them.

Finished off this PVW20 @ a local tasting bar today.

Got the souvenir bottle for my collection of empties.

Some day, I'd like to bring a full one home. 

:)

IMAG2874.jpg

IMAG2877.jpg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

f5ac44c3df264e724c60e6e64416d447.jpg

Finished this off on the last night in DC. Found it on sale in Bethesda Md. was a good bottle. I will have to find a replacement in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

I finished my first bottle of Michter's US*1 bourbon last night.  While not a great bottle, I definitely found times that it's profile fit my mood.  Very mellow, yet with a nice flavor, and easy to drink neat.  Kind of a satisfying pour when you want to relax and aren't in the mood for anything too exciting.  Runs around $40 locally, which is borderline value.  But, I think I will pick up a replacement as it has earned a place in my "bourbon portfolio" of different taste experiences.

Michter's Empty.jpg

I finished my first bottle of Michter's US*1 bourbon last night.  While not a great bottle, I definitely found times that it's profile fit my mood.  Very mellow, yet with a nice flavor, and easy to drink neat.  Kind of a satisfying pour when you want to relax and aren't in the mood for anything too exciting.  Runs around $40 locally, which is borderline value.  But, I think I will pick up a replacement as it has earned a place in my "bourbon portfolio" of different taste experiences.

5a317669f2bed_MichtersEmpty.thumb.jpg.472a73e3b08b2b94e8e88a1e2cdb2111.jpg

I’ve also come to enjoy this bourbon quite a bit, although I was initially not that impressed with it.

On 12/12/2017 at 6:59 PM, mfly86 said:

f5ac44c3df264e724c60e6e64416d447.jpg

Finished this off on the last night in DC. Found it on sale in Bethesda Md. was a good bottle. I will have to find a replacement in Texas.

Killed my 1920 on Tuesday, will be replacing it without a doubt. Great, great stuff. I opened a bottle of 1897 as an interim replacement and I’m digging it as well

Put this one to bed tonight. It’s an ETL store selection from several years ago. Still kills me, that these were plentiful on the shelf at the time for under $30. I bought a bunch, but should have bought more. ETL is a unicorn around here these days, and gets jacked up too much when it shows up. And it happens to be a terrific barrel, with loads of caramel and fruit. Just checked, and I am down to 4 of these in the bunker, plus one standard ETL. Could be worse I guess.

51855b4b472ad346efa939deab1c56c6.jpg

I will definitely be picking up another one of these after finishing this one tonight. To me it taste like the bourbon version of a chocolate tootsie pop.

15132230165711854931447.jpg

Edited by Jfletchgu

10 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

I will definitely be picking up another one of these after finishing this one tonight. To me it taste like the bourbon version of a chocolate tootsie pop.

This is a pretty decent, if non-traditional, description of the flavor profile of ET BIB.   I too, like this relatively new addition to BF's brand line-up.    It's a pretty good bargain for a quality pour, with a pleasant profile.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.