"Remember When" prices

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was actually looking for something else when I came across this pic. These were my purchases from a little bourbon expedition just a few short years ago. 

Cheers! Joe

dusty.jpeg

Man. Wasn't into Bourbon at all in 2008 like I am now, so I don't regret not picking up those bottles in the above pictures. I was fortunate enough to get into Bourbon before it got to crazy though. Does anyone have a time machine laying around that I could borrow though. Just PM me if you do. :)

2 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

Does anyone have a time machine laying around that I could borrow though. Just PM me if you do. :)

Check with Doc Brown -- he might have a DeLorean laying around you could borrow!

Dean

That's sexier than a pic of a solid 10.

No it's not...

Although we all know what we would do if we were in a room alone with the pappy.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

No it's not...

Although we all know what we would do if we were in a room alone with the pappy.

I stand corrected I'm new this site and this pic above compared to other posts is barely a 5,

The quoted post below is a 10 absolute smoke!

Ahhhh the good 'ole days. Great bourbon at reasonable prices. I'm into my eleventh year in my bourbon journey. A lot has changed in the bourbon world during that time. One thing that hasn't is the friendship and camaraderie of many of the members here. I've been able to taste and/or acquire a lot of bottles over the years because of the kindness, generosity, help and guidance of many fellow members. I've thanked these folks before, but I'd still like to say thank you again. Thanks and cheers to y'all. [emoji3]

I'm posting a few pictures of some of the great bourbons I've had over the years, and what their prices were, or what I remember them being. FWIW, I'm posting here not to be bragging, but in the sprit of this thread. Most of what is in my pictures is long gone now. I drank my fair share, but I also learned my lesson from others. Many of the bottles in my pictures have been shared with others here on sb in one way or another. 

Pic #1. Weller Centennial. A number of these I acquired with the help of other members. I also found a store with a bunch of BHC stuff on their shelves. I shared the location of this store with others, but whenever I went back, the stuff was still there. They had a bunch of Centennial, and a few bottles VSOF and Old Charter Propriors Reserve. All were priced at $34.99. I ended up buying pretty much all of them over a two or three year period.

Pic #2. Ritt 23. I stumbled on these on one of my first trips to Florida to stay with some friends. I'm not much for ryes, but I couldn't pass these up. The store got a boatload, and had them priced at $69.99, $100.00 off the suggested price of $169.99. I bought a bunch of these over three visits. I admit that I only drank a couple. The others found their way to new homes. [emoji6]

Pic#3. Eagle Rare. Most of the 10/101's I acquired with the help of other members. The price was $20.00 for some of the 750's to $35.00 for the 1.75. The decanters I found myself. They cost my a whopping $25.00. [emoji33] The regular ER 10's were some I found on sale for $19.99.

Pics #4 & 5.  BTAC. I found all these myself. I thought that $59.99-$79.99 was a lot back then. 

Pic #6. WT 10/101. The one pictured was a lone bottle I found on the shelf at an out of the way mom and pop store. The price was $28.99. I also was fortunate to get a few of these with the help of other members.

Pics #7 & 8. Weller! One of my favorites. Many of the Weller 12's were from Binny's. To this day, Weller 12 is still the only bourbon I've ever bought a case of. Two as a matter of fact. :wacko: The price of $22.99 would be considered a helluva bargain today. I have to say that I did find one a year ago on my way home from vacation. I paid $21.99 for it at a little nondescript mom and pop store out in the boonies. I sure wish they had more than one. :mellow: The Weller SR's were mostly private selections priced from $16.99 for the 750's to $23.99 for the handle. I covered the other Weller's in this pic previously. 

These are just a few bargains from not all that long ago. As most of you know, there were many others.  (Sighhhhh) :huh:

Cheers! Joe

price1.jpeg.6977e6b581c11f318c3f18fb4158a25c.jpeg
price2.jpeg.49484612f70ab93ebf8e19c64baaeb6f.jpeg
price3.jpeg.233ba321317efe1d010ebd990768730d.jpeg
price4.jpeg.e0370570d5baea5910835a0f1cec6245.jpeg
price6.jpeg.b970c25b654e5bcf7468c665cc42cca7.jpeg
price5.jpeg.e8c79a1ab1eae64c097487b745f17539.jpeg
price7.jpeg.098dd90e0e330683e231265ece1af2d2.jpeg
price8.jpeg.cfc4b679420db8b2c8f63d483faa65bd.jpeg

Nothing but 10s unbelievable!

Check with Doc Brown -- he might have a DeLorean laying around you could borrow!

Dean

I need to find that flux capacitor I have lying around my garage.

deb33aba9e4b7a9f81a6b34fb7b3b68d.jpg

11 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

That's sexier than a pic of a solid 10.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

I stand corrected I'm new this site and this pic above compared to other posts is barely a 5,

The quoted post below is a 10 absolute smoke!

Woah Woah Woah. Those pictures are great, but aren't sexy at all. Trust me I know. Those bottles aren't even in the same room with "Sexy". Just sayin. 

2 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

Woah Woah Woah. Those pictures are great, but aren't sexy at all. Trust me I know. Those bottles aren't even in the same room with "Sexy". Just sayin. 

That's right!

The BTAC bottles are much sexier!

:wub:

Ok I need visuals of what you consider sexy.

12 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Ok I need visuals of what you consider sexy.

Haha. I bet you do...

Ahhhh the good 'ole days. Great bourbon at reasonable prices. I'm into my eleventh year in my bourbon journey. A lot has changed in the bourbon world during that time. One thing that hasn't is the friendship and camaraderie of many of the members here. I've been able to taste and/or acquire a lot of bottles over the years because of the kindness, generosity, help and guidance of many fellow members. I've thanked these folks before, but I'd still like to say thank you again. Thanks and cheers to y'all. [emoji3]

I'm posting a few pictures of some of the great bourbons I've had over the years, and what their prices were, or what I remember them being. FWIW, I'm posting here not to be bragging, but in the sprit of this thread. Most of what is in my pictures is long gone now. I drank my fair share, but I also learned my lesson from others. Many of the bottles in my pictures have been shared with others here on sb in one way or another. 

Pic #1. Weller Centennial. A number of these I acquired with the help of other members. I also found a store with a bunch of BHC stuff on their shelves. I shared the location of this store with others, but whenever I went back, the stuff was still there. They had a bunch of Centennial, and a few bottles VSOF and Old Charter Propriors Reserve. All were priced at $34.99. I ended up buying pretty much all of them over a two or three year period.

Pic #2. Ritt 23. I stumbled on these on one of my first trips to Florida to stay with some friends. I'm not much for ryes, but I couldn't pass these up. The store got a boatload, and had them priced at $69.99, $100.00 off the suggested price of $169.99. I bought a bunch of these over three visits. I admit that I only drank a couple. The others found their way to new homes. [emoji6]

Pic#3. Eagle Rare. Most of the 10/101's I acquired with the help of other members. The price was $20.00 for some of the 750's to $35.00 for the 1.75. The decanters I found myself. They cost my a whopping $25.00. [emoji33] The regular ER 10's were some I found on sale for $19.99.

Pics #4 & 5.  BTAC. I found all these myself. I thought that $59.99-$79.99 was a lot back then. 

Pic #6. WT 10/101. The one pictured was a lone bottle I found on the shelf at an out of the way mom and pop store. The price was $28.99. I also was fortunate to get a few of these with the help of other members.

Pics #7 & 8. Weller! One of my favorites. Many of the Weller 12's were from Binny's. To this day, Weller 12 is still the only bourbon I've ever bought a case of. Two as a matter of fact. :wacko: The price of $22.99 would be considered a helluva bargain today. I have to say that I did find one a year ago on my way home from vacation. I paid $21.99 for it at a little nondescript mom and pop store out in the boonies. I sure wish they had more than one. :mellow: The Weller SR's were mostly private selections priced from $16.99 for the 750's to $23.99 for the handle. I covered the other Weller's in this pic previously. 

These are just a few bargains from not all that long ago. As most of you know, there were many others.  (Sighhhhh) :huh:

Cheers! Joe

price1.jpeg.6977e6b581c11f318c3f18fb4158a25c.jpeg
price2.jpeg.49484612f70ab93ebf8e19c64baaeb6f.jpeg
price3.jpeg.233ba321317efe1d010ebd990768730d.jpeg
price4.jpeg.e0370570d5baea5910835a0f1cec6245.jpeg
price6.jpeg.b970c25b654e5bcf7468c665cc42cca7.jpeg
price5.jpeg.e8c79a1ab1eae64c097487b745f17539.jpeg
price7.jpeg.098dd90e0e330683e231265ece1af2d2.jpeg
price8.jpeg.cfc4b679420db8b2c8f63d483faa65bd.jpeg

The bottles are nice, but that wallpaper is amazing.

6 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

That just goes to show y'all how old my pics were. We finally  got our dining room updated four or five years ago. :P FWIW, you're not the first person to compliment me about that wall paper. <_<

Cheers! Joe

I had equally awesome wallpaper before we stripped it and repainted. Peacocks and pink roses on a dark green background.

1 minute ago, b1gcountry said:

I had equally awesome wallpaper before we stripped it and repainted. Peacocks and pink roses on a dark green background.

That wallpaper was a bitch to get off. <_<  When we did our living room and bathroom, the wallpaper came right off as easy as can be. Not the dining room though. I didn't know they had gorilla glue way back then. :huh:

Joe - Getting rid of that wallpaper made you look 30 years younger

1 minute ago, Vosgar said:

Joe - Getting rid of that wallpaper made you look 30 years younger

:ph34r:

We had just as much trouble. It must have been on for 30 years.

I didn't want to say anything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.