You only get three!

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Jeff,

I know we have done this before but this is very interesting. It seems to me that the people on bourbon.com or I should say my fellow bourbon lovers, definitely have good taste. Buffalo Trace seems to be in high regard and AAA is coming on up the ladder and the Weller 12 YO sure seems to me that the more you know about bourbon the choice comes through loud and clear. If you would have just said you can only pick four VOB maybe should be, always has been, and will be on the bar of every bourbon lover. I have said it before and will say it again great bourbon can be very affordable, even on a tight budget. And as for Buffalo Trace, I have a "whole herd" in my bunker, and a few "out on the range", and of course they are the 1.75 Liter kind. I just love this thread!!

Cheers,

Marvin

Marvin, I always find your comments to be right on, and well-expressed. I envied your review of those super-bourbons, which I have not had. I will hold my judgment that Scotland's best eclipses America's best until I taste them.

My alternate 3 faves easily can track your mentions of Very Old Barton, WL Weller 12 years old, and Triple A. I have a bit of an issue, potentially, with AAA in that a bottle bought for me a couple of years ago (in North Carolina) was disappointing. It was harsh, acidic, and not at all like the smooth rich depth charge of a drink I recalled from earlier years. Maybe it was not typical of Triple A; I am hoping so.

Gary

Elijah Craig 12 y.o.

Basil Hayden's

Woodford Reserve

I hope the last two count. If Knob Creek makes it, then I would assume the others would, as well. Knock the latter two out and I guess I'd have to replace them with Old Weller 107 and, well, Knob Creek. wink.gif

Only Three, well..........

Makers since it is the one that got me into this hobby

WT rare breed

AAA - didn't know it existed until I moved to VA and I like it.

(the lurker breaks cover)

Old Fitzgerald,

ORVW 10/90, and...

Sazerac Rye (it ain't bourbon, but by God it is good!)

(I wish I could add Woodford Reserve, but...oh well..)

I'm not part of the official welcoming committee, so let me just pass on the warm welcome I've received since 'coming out' several months ago. You are among friends if you want to be.

Jeff, I am new to the Straightbourbon.com discussion board. Can you tell me what AAA stands for?

Ike

Thanks you for the info. I am headed down to bourbon country this evening and will now be picking up some AAA.

Ike

I picked up some AAA and was thoroughly impressed. What a great value. Definitely the best $12 bourbon I've ever had.

My pick three selections:

AAA 10 year old

BT

ORVW 15 year old

My pick three selections:

AAA 10 year old

BT

ORVW 15 year old

A very good pick 3 at that. toast.gif And all associated with BT Distillery. smile.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.