Reasonable markups

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Paddy you make some good points.  Of course it would do me no good to stand in line at the LB in E'town since they aren't even part of the distribution.  I guess they figured our palates weren't as refined as those in Louisville, Lexington and Bowling Green.

I do have one bottle of the last Stagg Jr. and it is my favorite right now.

^^^Sadly, the Liquor Barn of today is not the Liquor Barn of old.  They've lost my (and many others) business, since ownership changed. 

To clarify, I didn't have anything against the new owners...but their business practices are another story.  My appreciation for independent small businesses, or at least those that fairly allocate their distribution, have led me to smaller (but greener) pastures... 

I like the guys at my local LB because I know it's not them that are keeping the good stuff away from me.  A couple of the other local stores get a bit greedy with their pricing on the limited releases.  I've gotten to the point when I see something behind the counter I don't even bother asking the price anymore since it's at least double MSRP.

I must agree with others on this topic.  A good price for these bottles is determined by your local market, and your amount of disposable income. 

Personally, I'm lucky in that I travel widely and have time to hunt, so I only buy at retail.  But if I were stuck in a tough local market, I'd have to pony up more $$$ to acquire those sought after bottles.

You gotta do what you have to do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.