"Pro Tips"

smokinjoe

Kepler recently reminded us of a critical Pro Tip:

Never publicly announce the store and location of a special bottle that you hope will still be there when you visit that store in the near future…😉

• I like it 1

• 8 months later...

Yet another fake cork warning.  After cleaning the shelves in our under the counter wine, beer (and she say also soda, grocery overflow) fridge yet again, I realized the gummy stuff under wine bottles laying on their sides was wine seepage that oozed out the tiny hole in a fake cork caused by driving a corkscrew “all the way” in.  I proved this to myself by intentionally NOT driving the screw all the way through on some while intentionally (or forgetting) not driving it all the way through others.  It means I have to muscle the fake cork out more than I used to but that beats shelf cleaning.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Yet another fake cork warning.  After cleaning the shelves in our under the counter wine, beer (and she say also soda, grocery overflow) fridge yet again, I realized the gummy stuff under wine bottles laying on their sides was wine seepage that oozed out the tiny hole in a fake cork caused by driving a corkscrew “all the way” in.  I proved this to myself by intentionally NOT driving the screw all the way through on some while intentionally (or forgetting) not driving it all the way through others.  It means I have to muscle the fake cork out more than I used to but that beats shelf cleaning.

This reminds me of the Charles Atlas bodybuilding ads.  

158815-163029.jpg

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

On 3/6/2024 at 8:03 PM, mbroo5880i said:

This reminds me of the Charles Atlas bodybuilding ads.  

158815-163029.jpg

On the back cover of our old comic books?  Nice pull.

• I like it 2

On 3/6/2024 at 5:37 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

Once a bottle of wine has been opened, I always store upright in the fridge door.

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, PaulO said:

Once a bottle of wine has been opened, I always store upright in the fridge door.

We sometimes do so also for whites and roses, but sometimes after a grocery run, "we" decide to use fridge space for fridge stuff and relegate the open wine to the small fridge.  Is  a contentious issue sometimes.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

We sometimes do so also for whites and roses, but sometimes after a grocery run, "we" decide to use fridge space for fridge stuff and relegate the open wine to the small fridge.  Is  a contentious issue sometimes.

Just empty the bottle.  Resolves all issues or does it?  😮😜

• I like it 4