What Dram are you enjoying? Winter 2018

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

And the obscure Cadenheads continue-- delicious dessert at a deceiving 55.9% ABV.

IMG_8851.thumb.jpg.d389f30a21fe8ba455939fe2a27c4f39.jpg

Started off with some bourbon, now I've moved onto some redbreast cask strength, so good! 386ab79fb2df4cc809b0c19b189c4201.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Started off with some bourbon, now I've moved onto some redbreast cask strength, so good! 386ab79fb2df4cc809b0c19b189c4201.jpg

That was my dream lad night too. So good that I had two considerable pours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, Marekv8 said:

Never had a Knockdhu-- far more challenging than expected, which is a good thing.

IMG_8845.thumb.jpg.faf797f832c116fc3cd4682abd4be84e.jpg

AnCnoc 12 is a damn good pour especially for the price, at least here, the peated offerings I've tried have been enjoyable but at the price they typically sell for it would be nice to see an age statement.

This one is really heavy on the earthy end of the spectrum with a bit of sulfur, having poured it with some friends on Friday I can confirm it is not everyone's bag by a long shot but a couple of us enjoyed it just fine.

y4mB99F75M7fJf-cpPIV1XkmAzvKno16isLrg9le

You all got me curious about the Redbreast CS so I shot downyown and picked up a trio that’s not available locally. I’ll be cracking the RB tonight

7F793B87-6C4D-4EC2-9FF0-DA79A0F9D232.jpeg

• I like it 3

I had to chase down the RB12 CS recently myself. 

My favorite LLS was sold out (a good sign), so I ended up getting two bottles at State Line in MD. 

Easily my favorite expression of RB that I've tried. 

Always a winner, now at cask strength! 

Opened up an 11yr Edradour cask strength from Signatory tonight. More earthy than I was expecting since it was aged in a Sauternes hogshead, but it's darn good.

• I like it 2

OK, the Redbreast CS is really freakin good!  I've gone deep into bourbon and single malts, but just never really tried Irish whisky except for copious amounts of chilled Jamison shots back in the day.  I've got to say, you guys have good taste and were spot on with this one.  

12 hours ago, jvd99 said:

OK, the Redbreast CS is really freakin good!  I've gone deep into bourbon and single malts, but just never really tried Irish whisky except for copious amounts of chilled Jamison shots back in the day.  I've got to say, you guys have good taste and were spot on with this one.  

Well, duh!

:D

• I like it 1

Getting ready for the weekend, need to pick up something else lower in proof. 

y4mLaB-nvs2amQkn394de3LOhbWCIeh990qdKVas

• I like it 1

Cracked this tonight. It's a little mellow for my liking but not unpleasantly so. It's not exactly going to be a chore to get rid of or anything..

20180315_214724.jpg

1 hour ago, beasled said:

Cracked this tonight. It's a little mellow for my liking but not unpleasantly so. It's not exactly going to be a chore to get rid of or anything..

20180315_214724.jpg

Understandable that mellow is not what your looking for in a Springer.

9 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Understandable that mellow is not what your looking for in a Springer.

It's one those that doesn't need a drop of water to open up. Not a bad thing, but means it is what it is!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, beasled said:

20180315_214724.jpg

Heh, this was my first Springbank. Next to 12 CS I find this one pathetic. Granted, even pathetic Springbank is quite excellent.

Have to say I'm glad Ralfy reviewed this one as I would have otherwise just continued passing it off as Total Wine Private Label garbage.  The PX is not over the top and it has a big hit of Pine that is really doing it for me, this one is a keeper.

y4m-XSGjswMJ3Vi8U2ZLrpRmBRjHz8IvHFkv6VM-

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Kane said:

Heh, this was my first Springbank. Next to 12 CS I find this one pathetic. Granted, even pathetic Springbank is quite excellent.

haha! Yes it is quite limp in comparison. I don't think I'll be able to beat a 21 year Xtra Old Particular, sadly long gone... which was an absolute beast of a whisky...

image.png.fd5438d3a1923028e9e1fd13d87a656e.png

• I like it 1

I'm glad that you're enjoying it! Now you need to try their other expressions. You got it just in time for st. Patrick's day.

I'm enjoying some redbreast 12 year. This is the first time I've had it. It's good, but not as good as the cask strength. The flavor is a bit muted compared to its higher proof brother. Still very good though. If I had this before trying the cask strength, I would think it's the bees knees. 617c47bcbeaedd30211f444c3f12f58a.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.