Neat: The story of Bourbon

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 hours ago, GaryT said:

Just got around to seeing it (free on Hulu now), and had to stop when Steve Zahn said that BIB must be bottled in glass.  Huh?  I spent 30 minutes trying to find where that is stipulated.  Granted - in 1897, there weren't plastic bottles, and I can't think of an example of a BIB whiskey bottled in plastic.  But I also couldn't find any legal basis to say you couldn't do that. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it.  Beautifully shot.  Kept looking for any SB'ers that I've met (looked like @cowdery was tagging along on the archaeology segment, which while short I really enjoyed).  Freddie was great (unsurprising to those who have been on his tour).  Don't know if I learned anything 'new', but enjoyed it all the same (and if I were new, it would be a nice intro that isn't heavy on the 'facts' but what's important - enjoying it with family and friends).  

Only downside is now I really want to sip some bourbon, but pre-9am is a bit early :) 

That's why I love this forum. Only a SB member would catch this.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

I watched it when it first came out, then I was scrolling Hulu last night and decided to watch it again. I agree that there's not much new for those of us that are already enthusiasts. I also agree that it was very well put together. 

Yup, I have a plastic handle of JW Dant BiB. 

Does Dant BIB come in any other size and in something other than plastic?  My goodness, but I HOPE not.  Anything larger or other, and I've have trouble getting it up to my mouth.B)

• I like it 2

Does Dant BIB come in any other size and in something other than plastic?  My goodness, but I HOPE not.  Anything larger or other, and I've have trouble getting it up to my mouth.B)

I pick up glass liters of Dant BiB quite often.
  • I like it 2

21 hours ago, Phil T said:

Hey Gary, MC family size is in plastic. And I'm pretty sure a few of the HH bonded bourbons in the family size bottles are plastic. 

Tom Moore BiB (Barton product I believe) is another...

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.