You have $100 to spend at your local..

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

42 minutes ago, Soberiquet said:

I've always enjoyed these kind of posts, so I am going to stop lurking here and finally post. 

RRSiB $50

HHBIB $12

KCSiB $39

Over by a dollar, but I'm sure I could find that in change in the cupholders in my car.

Cupholder change to cover RRsib overages is 100% legal per the thread starter. And encouraged :)

• I like it 2

Consulting winesearcher to get the best bang for my buck

RR SiB $45

KC SiB $40

EW BIB $15

The cost of gas to go to three different stores to make this happen doesn't matter right? Also I'm not paying tax.... If I had to keep it honest I would swap out the KC and EW for JB distillers Cut for $20 and a handle of Dant for $30 and cover the tax.  Either way glad to have extra money to spend on Rye, Single Malt, Rum and maybe I'll finally do a deep dive into Brandy/Cognac/Armagnac/Calvados. 

• I like it 1

If I can spend it at two stops, taking advantage of sales...

HmK10 $25

KC SiB PS $35

4R SiB PS $32 (it's the 100 proof)

2x cheap Moscato to make the wife happy $4 ea

Total $100

JW Dant BIB 1L-$23

RR 10yr-$30

David Nicholson 1843-$19

OGD 114-$28

Could easily swap out RR for Eagle Rare.  Lots of possibilities.

15 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

If I can spend it at two stops, taking advantage of sales...

HmK10 $25

KC SiB PS $35

4R SiB PS $32 (it's the 100 proof)

2x cheap Moscato to make the wife happy $4 ea

Total $100

Only 8% wife tax!  Sign me up!  

• I like it 3

The last liquor store trip was a fifth of Blanton’s ($62) and a Maker’s Mark Green Wax Mint Julep ($34) for Derby Day. 

Dont know if it’ll last a few months or not, but I’ll go with that given the time of year.

2x OGD BIB 1liter for 28

1x EWBIB 1.75L  for 25

And 750 mL of JBW or Rebel Yell

On 4/24/2018 at 12:10 AM, IncredulousNosco said:

Do they have a barrel pick of WP? If so, get that and an OGD 117.

If they don't,  do they have ECBP? Yes? Get that and a bottle of OGD 117.

No? Get an Ardbeg Uigeadail and an OGD 117.

None of that? Go somewhere else.

Where can I get some OGD117? I love the 114 and bonded. Id want some OGD130 if that was a thing

On 4/23/2018 at 11:10 PM, Mako254 said:

What are you walking out with to cover your bourbon needs for the next few months?

$100 (pre tax for a littl flex), your local. What regularly available bottles go home with you?

If I gotta make a hundred dollars in whiskey last a few months this must be a mad max scenario I've been dropped into. I'd spend my $100 on a WWII era gas mask, a set of hairy spiky shoulder pads, and a sawed off double barrel. I know what you're thinking. That last one is not whiskey!

Hmm, I've been trying to think of a name for my new whiskey label. I might have just found it! "Pissed at the world? Pour yourself a double shot of Sawed Off Double Barrel and sip while you brood."

• I like it 1

There is a store in St. Louis Park MN called Liqour Boy. It is the only store I have been to in MN that has handles of EWBIB. They are just $23.99. So for this exercise, give me 4 of  ‘em!   I currently have 3 in my basement after a recent trip to the “ big city” and feel well stocked. 

• I like it 2

On 4/26/2018 at 2:37 PM, Dannabis said:

2x OGD BIB 1liter for 28

1x EWBIB 1.75L  for 25

And 750 mL of JBW or Rebel Yell

Where can I get some OGD117? I love the 114 and bonded. Id want some OGD130 if that was a thing

LOL, I was pretty far gone when I posted that. A cautionary tale. 

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Grain Belt said:

There is a store in St. Louis Park MN called Liqour Boy. It is the only store I have been to in MN that has handles of EWBIB. They are just $23.99. So for this exercise, give me 4 of  ‘em!   I currently have 3 in my basement after a recent trip to the “ big city” and feel well stocked. 

Actually, I exaggerated a bit EWBIB costs the same here.  So 4 + OGDBIB.

Howdy,

Old Forester signature (x2) $60+ change, EC Small batch $24 and EW 86 for $12+ TT&L.

I need some clarification. If I have five locals that I frequent, do I get $100.00 for each store?  :lol:

Biba! Joe

On 4/24/2018 at 8:01 PM, Curtis Reed said:

ER10 - $31

WT101 - $21

ECSmB - $25

OGD114 - $23

Winner!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.