I need a recommendation

foppa78
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Very nice. The guy at Crown said that it was a fantastic barrel. It smells great and I'm looking forward to trying it soon. People seem to compare Kentucky Spirit to Rare Breed. I haven't had either one of them. Fair comparison? I don't understand why Kentucky Spirit is more expensive but again I haven't had them.

Kentucky Spirit is a single barrel bottled at 101 proof. Rare Breed is a blend of barrels bottled at barrel proof and it’s price is inching closer to Kentucky Spirit every day where I am. 

The current bottle also costs a lot to make, which adds to the price. I wonder if the price will go down when they start using the new bottle that is supposed to be replacing the current bottle...probably not.
  • I like it 1

They're both delicious.  Kentucky Spirit to me is sweeter whereas Rare Breed has a stronger body.

• I like it 1

It sounds like you found something real nice.

You can save the bottle for a decanter too.  I've read that WT is changing over to a plain package.

26 minutes ago, PaulO said:

It sounds like you found something real nice.

You can save the bottle for a decanter too.  I've read that WT is changing over to a plain package.

Thank you. Good idea. I will hold on to this bottle. Looking forward to trying it soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.