What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

It’s been a while since my last post. Not being lucky this year except with the 4R SmB which is already nice, but I’ve found this one in the wild. @MTNBourbon, this is one we’ve talked about. 

PS : thx to some SB’s member for checking if I was still drinking bourbon, this is a great community. 

85C9C929-4A8E-4796-8818-7366A503CDA5.thumb.jpeg.dd0f5e582994ec8fe2619f14b0b1592a.jpeg

Awesome!

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, Kepler said:

Had a very good fall season.  2018 LE season officially closed for me!

IMG_1690.JPG

Literally drooling on my keyboard. Kick ass LE's season buddy, i'm happy for you. Cheers and happy holidays !!! 

Will.

On 12/21/2018 at 2:03 PM, beasled said:

Clearly I am on the nice list this year.

Screenshot_20181221-130056_Photos.jpg

Boom, very nice, specially from someone who's living in Europe, congrats!!!!!!!!

Will. 

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Boom, very nice, specially from someone who's living in Europe, congrats!!!!!!!!

Will. 

Cheers Will, the Saz was an online grab, the Stagg from an older connection, lucky to get one. 

Hope some makes it to Belgium soon! 

• I like it 1

I finally saw Old Ezra Barrel Strength so I scooped up 1 and left 2 on the shelf. I almost cleared it but decided to go look for OF 1910. I got the last bottle hiding way in the back. Merry Christmas!

8 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Was wondering where you have been. Cheers!

I'm still here.

Cheers!

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

I finally saw Old Ezra Barrel Strength so I scooped up 1 and left 2 on the shelf. I almost cleared it but decided to go look for OF 1910. I got the last bottle hiding way in the back. Merry Christmas!

You’re fine. Taste it first. It’s a nice barrel proofer for $40, but the pretty label is not worth clearing the shelf for. If you like it, by all means grab more but it’s not the next Van Winkle IMO. 

1 minute ago, Golferpimp1 said:

IMG_2828.jpg
Lucky me!!

Looks like you brought it home in the protective green netting!  Smart move!  Enjoy!

Looks like you brought it home in the protective green netting!  Smart move!  Enjoy!

You can never be too safe.
  • I like it 1

You can never be too safe.
  • I like it 1

I found another bottle of ETL this afternoon, the second in a month or so. I think it will turn out to be a great Christmas treat for me.

Nothing exotic, but I liked the bottle of Larceny that I tried awhile ago and nabbed another one at the new Total Wine joint in Madison. Unwinding with a pour as we type....

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:43 AM, Masset1982 said:

Literally drooling on my keyboard. Kick ass LE's season buddy, i'm happy for you. Cheers and happy holidays !!! 

Will.

Yeah this was an outstanding season for me, I guess the planets just lined up for me finally.  Almost feel guilty :- )

Nah, not really haha!!  Merry Christmas Will!

• I like it 3

23 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Yeah this was an outstanding season for me, I guess the planets just lined up for me finally.  Almost feel guilty :- )

Well said. Merry Christmas buddy. 

Will.

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

You take it when you can get it because you never know when your fortunes will turn for the worse.

• I like it 2

Cream of Kentucky, $139.99 OTD.  Minnick said Jim "done good" with this one - hope he's right!   ☺️

20181226_133134.jpg

Empty wine bottles are the remnants from Chistmas dinner of Chinese food (I cooked).  We had so many fine wines we never got to the "8 Years in the Desert" Zin blend. 

And the DVD is a Christmas present from SWMBO (she's not Asian, BTW).  Wish we were rich, tho'.   

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 4

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:23 AM, raymoall said:

I would try the Barrel strength version...very different in my opinion and you won’t be out a lot of cash. Lots of OE7 101 around me, but I won’t be buying another bottle, even if it is being discontinued. I enjoyed HH6 much more, but on a personal level, EW BIB has them both beat.

Interesting and thanks for the heads up.  I haven't tried that one yet, nor have I seen it around.

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Cream of Kentucky, $139.99 OTD.  Minnick said Jim "done good" with this one - hope he's right!   ☺️

20181226_133134.jpg

Empty wine bottles are the remnants from Chistmas dinner of Chinese food (I cooked).  We had so many fine wines we never got to the "8 Years in the Desert" Zin blend. 

And the DVD is a Christmas present from SWMBO (she's not Asian, BTW).  Wish we were rich, tho'.   

If either wealth or poverty are come by honesty, there is no shame.

Confucius

• I like it 1

On 12/30/2018 at 9:29 PM, jodytek said:

Last one...

Weller Antique 107

IMG_0587.jpg

I’d be happy as a pig in mud with 1 750 of OWA and happier than a midget at a mini skirt convention with a family size!

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

I’d be happy as a pig in mud with 1 750 of OWA and happier than a midget at a mini skirt convention with a family size!

Enjoy!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.