What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having a favorite of mine (that I don’t mix to often) EHT BP & EHT SB (75/25%). It may not be for everyone, but I like it. 

0CEF8377-AC5B-4C3E-B58B-DC31FCA3FF61.thumb.jpeg.9031a37767123e1d99e8bebf2ead17e9.jpeg

• I like it 3

First pour from the decanter with the Bookers that has been siting for a little while now.  Good way to end a fun weekend. 

I’m not a grand dad, but a morning 20 miler on the bike and a day full of more chores outside has me feeling like one.  Butt in the swing with a ND OGD BIB.  

36AAA453-0216-450E-A1FA-181A3A727FA0.jpeg

• I like it 11

I’m not a grand dad, but a morning 20 miler on the bike and a day full of more chores outside has me feeling like one.  Butt in the swing with a ND OGD BIB.  
36AAA453-0216-450E-A1FA-181A3A727FA0.thumb.jpeg.96d573266f59dc30653231f058b5726d.jpeg

That’s a pretty site and well deserved.
  • I like it 1

Yeah no surprise the WT101 12yr sample is awesome. The RR is good but can’t compete. The sample is from a very nice and generous SBer who hooked me up on when I was on his side of the pond this summer.

IMG_6023.JPG

• I like it 2

Tomorrow is my first day back at work since Dec. 21st. Elmer and I are hanging out in the hot tub to prepare for tomorrow. Going down very smooth. Lots of honey and almost maple syrup with a dash of pepper and oak at the end. I love this stuff. 

20190106_201516-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 2

Tonight is Basil Hayden Dark Rye. I know that isn’t a bourbon...but maybe I’ll have a little bit of Blanton’s too. :)

I’m enjoying a big pour of a PS EC.  With the national championship game less than 24 hours away my nerves are starting to kick in. If you have no dog in the fight how about pulling for my tigers. We need all the mojo we can get. 

• I like it 2

I’m enjoying a big pour of a PS EC.  With the national championship game less than 24 hours away my nerves are starting to kick in. If you have no dog in the fight how about pulling for my tigers. We need all the mojo we can get. 

I’m having the same and definitely routing not for Alabama and whoever they are playing.

So yeah go Clemson. Plus I’ve had good experience with Clemson grads.
  • I like it 1

Pre-game pour of Blanton’s. :ph34r: I’m not sure it’s stout enough to take the edge off but I better start slow. 

VOB BiB to wash down some wings I cooked on the Egg. This national championship has early haymakers. 

4R SiB while I mix up some 500ml GW4G. Went with a blend that yielded 100.032pf.  Will probably have a few pours over the next week or so then bottle the last 200ml for future SBS comparisons and mix a new batch.

0A4CD86B-466C-4376-B238-3E006C391E45.jpeg

• I like it 2

21 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Round 2

A2F0544A-4AD9-4314-938D-B74BD58CA741.jpeg

Lord A'mighty that Old Fitz bottle is purty to look at!    ...And, the distillate it contains loox mighty fine in that tasting glass, as well.   Y'all are living life, O1K!    ENJOY!!!

• I like it 2

Drinking some RR10yr as I start to watch the game on the DVR. I opened this bottle a couple weeks ago right as my holiday time off started. I was drinking mostly LE's an other high end pours during that time. And yet this bottle only has one small pour left. I guess I like it that much.

12 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Lord A'mighty that Old Fitz bottle is purty to look at!    ...And, the distillate it contains loox mighty fine in that tasting glass, as well.   Y'all are living life, O1K!    ENJOY!!!

Hasn't always been that way.  Gotta make up for it now. :D

FRSmB is such a tasty pour.  It's one of those bottles that don't last a long time in the cabinet.  I want to save some for NFL playoffs (particularly Colts vs. Chiefs).

Kroger needs to have another sale soon too.

I'm sad to finish this bottle off, it's been so tasty! I don't know when I'll be able to get another one, I'm hoping very soon. IMG_20190107_205052.jpeg

• I like it 2

3 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

CEHT is following Blanton’s nicely. Go Tigers!

SmB, SiB, or BP? I've yet to have the BP. The Sib I have right is is incredible. I'm also I big fan of the SmB. 

It's been a fun game so far. 

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

SmB, SiB, or BP? I've yet to have the BP. The Sib I have right is is incredible. I'm also I big fan of the SmB. 

It's been a fun game so far. 

SmB. OBSQ on deck. Go Tigers!!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.