smokinjoe

Cocktail Hour 2019

smokinjoe

New Year, New thread, New Orleans drink.  The Sazerac, courtesy of Regan’s “Joy of Mixology” book.  

May the Cocktail Hour commence.

DC86161D-5919-4681-804D-64BBA139C199.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
Spelling
  • I like it 2

Clueby

Having a ginger Sazerac. Rye (KC CS), Herbsaint, Big O Ginger, Angostura,  and Peychaud's.

• I like it 1

smokinjoe

Negroni +Salted roasted peanuts = Delizioso y’all.  

28440120-F6FC-4D9F-989E-745767795720.jpeg

• I like it 1

flahute
3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Negroni +Salted roasted peanuts = Delizioso y’all.  

28440120-F6FC-4D9F-989E-745767795720.jpeg

You are killing me right now! I love the Negroni but I'm on a Keto diet right now. Bourbon is still allowed but the only cocktail that works on this diet is the Vesper. (Which ani't bad by any means but man how I love a good Negroni).

I will live vicariously through you my bro.

smokinjoe
On 1/26/2019 at 9:02 PM, flahute said:

You are killing me right now! I love the Negroni but I'm on a Keto diet right now. Bourbon is still allowed but the only cocktail that works on this diet is the Vesper. (Which ani't bad by any means but man how I love a good Negroni).

I will live vicariously through you my bro.

(In my best Connery 007 brogue...). Say, Agent Flahute, I always enjoy a finely crafted Vesper, myself.  Particularly, on a sunny and 67 degree February day.  Of course, shaken not stirred.  What say you and I gather a satchel of the ingredients, pick up Moneypenny and Pussy Galore, and give them a good shagging? How about you let me have Moneypenny this time?  

:D

DA0CCC33-AE49-41D5-8AB1-7F44EE170A51.jpeg

• I like it 1

flahute
9 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

(In my best Connery 007 brogue...). Say, Agent Flahute, I always enjoy a finely crafted Vesper, myself.  Particularly, on a sunny and 67 degree February day.  Of course, shaken not stirred.  What say you and I gather a satchel of the ingredients, pick up Moneypenny and Pussy Galore, and give them a good shagging? How about you let me have Moneypenny this time?  

:D

DA0CCC33-AE49-41D5-8AB1-7F44EE170A51.jpeg

I am good with this plan. Heading to the bar right now for that drink. 

smokinjoe

After a warm up beer, it’s on to a TANSTAAFL2 special, The Trans-Atlantic Giant.  Or, more affectionately known as:

The SmokinmuthahfuckinJoe.  :D

3C0D1F73-7C2E-42DE-9F2D-3C2AC5514DF6.jpeg

Richnimrod
3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

After a warm up beer, it’s on to a TANSTAAFL2 special, The Trans-Atlantic Giant.  Or, more affectionately known as:

The SmokinmuthahfuckinJoe.  :D

DUDE!!!    You are truly lining life when you, a former BOTY, have a fabulous cocktail named personally after you, particularly if so named by the former BOTY; TANSTAAFL2!

smokinjoe

I believe there is a law that states that one Rob Roy must be consumed somewhere in the US every month of the calendar year.  May I go on record that I have covered February for the team...

Gary Regan in his cocktail book calls for Peychaud’s Bitters and an addition of a cherry to this cocktail, where my Boston’s goes just Scotch and Sweet Vermouth.  I went with the Regan variant, and it seems to work.   

26FB145C-8095-452F-9D97-3E73CD3F44D1.jpeg

smokinjoe

Another TANSTAAFL2 special for me while cooking up some potato soup, and watching OSU-IU College hoops:

The Arbitrary Nature of Time.  

BD37AF2B-3158-4619-AAE4-38E3F20A3AA0.jpeg

evasive

Staying in tonight- reading by the fire and sipping a WT101 old fashioned while my GF takes a pre-dinner nap.

IMG_0660.jpg