What dram are you enjoying - Winter/Spring 2019?

lcpfratn
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Couldn’t pass up the 20% off an already low price...

D6A52417-5C52-4B83-9CFB-84461B97BB93.thumb.jpeg.12c476bf397d900785c3627d27959e5a.jpeg

• I like it 2

Mmmm can't go wrong with Edradour + Oloroso. We can clearly see your enthusiasm ;)

Does it taste soapy like other sherried Edradours?

Enjoyed a healthy pour of Lag 16 last night after a crap day at work.  Nothing like a wallop of peat to make things better :) 

• I like it 1

Laphroaig Cairdeas 2018. I love peated Oloroso; this one's Fino, and it's waaaay different. Very dry compared to the standard 10yr CS. Not my favorite Laphroaig expression.

IMG_20190516_165457.jpg

26 minutes ago, Kane said:

Laphroaig Cairdeas 2018. I love peated Oloroso; this one's Fino, and it's waaaay different. Very dry compared to the standard 10yr CS. Not my favorite Laphroaig expression.

IMG_20190516_165457.jpg

It's probably my favorite since the 2015 release (Which is my favorite of those I've had)

6 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

It's probably my favorite since the 2015 release (Which is my favorite of those I've had)

This is less interesting than the 2013 port, 2016(?) madeira, and the 10yr CS for me. It doesn't taste like Laphroaig to me. I guess I like my Laphroaigs on the sweet side.

1 minute ago, Kane said:

This is less interesting than the 2013 port, 2016(?) madeira, and the 10yr CS for me. It doesn't taste like Laphroaig to me. I guess I like my Laphroaigs on the sweet side.

I guess we feel differently for the same reasons, I like it because it feels unique, as a daily driver I'd prefer the 10 yr CS but unlike the CS Quarter Cask I feel good about the purchase on this one.

• I like it 1

I loved the port cask edition
  • I like it 1

I found an old Cutty Sark Berry Bros. dusty today, and decided to give it a go. It’s a very easy drinking blended scotch. I’ve never tried the newer versions under the Edrington Group or the new ownership, so I don’t know how they compare, but I can see how the original Berry Bros. & Rudd version was once the favorite blended scotch in America.

• I like it 2

Celebrating the end of a long week with a nice pour of Macallan CS.  Bumped this up against a sample of Macallan Classic Cut 2018, which only confirmed how much I'm going to cry when the first is gone.  But that won't be today :) 

• I like it 1

Celebrating the end of a long week with a nice pour of Macallan CS.  Bumped this up against a sample of Macallan Classic Cut 2018, which only confirmed how much I'm going to cry when the first is gone.  But that won't be today [emoji4] 

I think I probably agree with you Gary, after having a pour of that CS when you brought it to Bardstown. However, a better comparison is probably the Classic Cut 2017 batch since it closer in proof to the original Cask Strength.
  • I like it 1

The lovely Mrs. Vosgar and I had lunch at Dundee Dell in Omaha today. I'd been told about their fantastic whisk(e)y selection and it didn't disappoint. This 28yr old Balmenach, at 50.3% abv and non-chill filtered, was amazing. If you have a few minutes to kill, here's their menu https://www.dundeedell.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/dundeedellscotchlist.pdf

We're in Omaha visiting our son and his family, would it be wrong to take the grandkids to a bar for lunch tomorrow? :D

Balmenach.jpg

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, Vosgar said:

The lovely Mrs. Vosgar and I had lunch at Dundee Dell in Omaha today. I'd been told about their fantastic whisk(e)y selection and it didn't disappoint. This 28yr old Balmenach, at 50.3% abv and non-chill filtered, was amazing. If you have a few minutes to kill, here's their menu https://www.dundeedell.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/dundeedellscotchlist.pdf

We're in Omaha visiting our son and his family, would it be wrong to take the grandkids to a bar for lunch tomorrow? :D

Damn - impressive doesn't quite describe it; that's amazing!  And fairly reasonable too!

Oh - and I went to their web-site to check out their food; you're covered - they've got a kids menu ;) 

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Balmenach.jpg

Some fantastic options at really great prices, I was convinced before I finished reading the list of Ardbegs!

A friend offered a pour while on the back deck watching the kids. Good summertime choice. My contribution was less season appropriate, but he wanted to try it, so so we enjoyed a pour it Flaming Heart after.

IMG_20190518_180831.thumb.jpg.44eda5a7c025c466b13f232eeb24e714.jpg

Starting off with Spice Tree, which I don't like much, but preparing the palate for Octomore.

IMG_20190519_213513.jpg

Totally digging on this Amrut Fusion tonight.  Nothing new for me, as this is one of my favorite whiskies of any type.  Sweet, spicy, thick, chewy...just an explosion of flavors.  

• I like it 3

The few Edradour's I've had have been very enjoyable, and this one's no different.

edradour.jpg

• I like it 2

The few Edradour's I've had have been very enjoyable, and this one's no different.

edradour.thumb.jpg.6682499bd1e67b219fb3094ec42e1a2d.jpg

I have yet to try one. No opportunities to buy one in my area that I’m aware of, and some other shiny object always seems to get my attention when I see one during my travels.

4 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I have yet to try one. No opportunities to buy one in my area that I’m aware of, and some other shiny object always seems to get my attention when I see one during my travels.

When I was in Scotland a couple of years ago one of the hotels we stayed at had a bottle of 15yr Edradour (not the Fairy Flag bottle) that was one of my favorites of our trip. I've been unable to find one anywhere. Not sure it ever made it to the States, but if you ever see one, grab it (and let me know!)

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.