What Water of Life Did You Purchase - Spring/Summer 2019

jeffrey r
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

been monitoring availability of the one on the left for probably 3 years and finally went for it.  it's a birth year bottle, looking forward to cracking in November.

the Clynelish was on clearance for a ridiculously good price.

AD118FC7-F2D9-420A-B7E9-559F84E99DBC.thumb.jpeg.f9d7ac7df5cad857b070f2b81516f46e.jpeg

I wouldn’t mind trying either one of those! Enjoy!
  • I like it 1

On 9/20/2019 at 6:39 PM, Marekv8 said:

Another Jura 10 to compare with the vintage bottle I just received...

49B421BB-E3D0-41F4-939C-05C042D552C5.thumb.jpeg.94db6b282b73035df2f578303190fa8c.jpeg

That Offerman label looks great! I hope to one day get my own Lagavulin label. #GOALS

17 hours ago, Auracom said:

been monitoring availability of the one on the left for probably 3 years and finally went for it.  it's a birth year bottle, looking forward to cracking in November.

the Clynelish was on clearance for a ridiculously good price.

AD118FC7-F2D9-420A-B7E9-559F84E99DBC.thumb.jpeg.f9d7ac7df5cad857b070f2b81516f46e.jpeg

Great picks both, that Highland Park is a damn savory malt.

• I like it 1

Just got back from a river cruise and picked this up in Prague. I’m a big fan of Arran and their cask finishes  when I don’t want the peat, and this didn’t disappoint. 

1AD997EF-D842-4F30-8DDE-66CA3E0C9ACF.jpeg

• I like it 1

FedEx dropped off and Lagavulin 8 and a Highland Park Full Volume.  Been eyeing both a quite a bit.  The HP was stupid cheap.

• I like it 1

On 7/26/2019 at 9:30 AM, Marekv8 said:

When traveling, I typically hit a few liquor stores near the hotel to pick up some small bottles for the room, but this is absolutely ridiculous…

Several of the reasons I call this country home.

Finally made it to Spec’s on my way to the airport— I was surprised to see the Bell’s. Opened the Bladnoch late last night upon my return. 

3088B683-2F1B-4478-BAE4-C8B9DEECE3A5.thumb.jpeg.b8fa03d66e1bd8ed22b2dc56400169ec.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 9/28/2019 at 9:31 AM, Marekv8 said:

Finally made it to Spec’s on my way to the airport— I was surprised to see the Bell’s. Opened the Bladnoch late last night upon my return. 

3088B683-2F1B-4478-BAE4-C8B9DEECE3A5.thumb.jpeg.b8fa03d66e1bd8ed22b2dc56400169ec.jpeg

I've been meaning to pick up a bottle of that Glentaucher's 16 I've left behind a few times, look forward to your notes on that one. 

On 9/30/2019 at 6:16 PM, kevinbrink said:

I've been meaning to pick up a bottle of that Glentaucher's 16 I've left behind a few times, look forward to your notes on that one. 

I'm looking forward to opening it-- if I could just stay off the road.

Like you, I've passed on it many times-- but these earlier Distillery Labels are gone and not coming back in the same form from what I understand.

• I like it 1

This one is bottled at 40% and sure to be on the sweet/overtly palatable side, but hopefully interesting… and at least it's got an age statement.

IMG_3016.thumb.jpg.4ab6cd52faab16ced48a84de508bdeaf.jpg

13 hours ago, beasled said:

Couple of bits on offer. 

image.png.5f0d3ad4f7aa94b87489a9c90952c960.png

That Port Askaig 10th Anniversary is intriguing, I don't think it's making it over on this side of the Atlantic, whats the cost on that compared to the 8 or the 110 proof?

8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

That Port Askaig 10th Anniversary is intriguing, I don't think it's making it over on this side of the Atlantic, whats the cost on that compared to the 8 or the 110 proof?

This was on sale at just under £60 (£70 elsewhere). Let me know if I should grab another ;) 

Edited by beasled
  • I like it 1

On 9/30/2019 at 7:43 AM, Marekv8 said:

Been avoiding this one for several months, but it finally won out.

IMG_2984.thumb.jpg.a34e9e6b9bcfcb0a179cda3f8be16150.jpg

These guys kill it with the labels and packaging every time.

What are the component parts of this expression ?

14 hours ago, flahute said:

These guys kill it with the labels and packaging every time.

What are the component parts of this expression ?

Seems to be mostly Tamdhu with some Clynelish and Highland Park to flesh it out.  Tried it a couple of times last night, but my palate was shot to hell by that point. 

• I like it 1

That is a cool skill, calling a blend by it's single malts. 

I want to learn how to do that!  

That is a cool skill, calling a blend by it's single malts. 
I want to learn how to do that!  

Marekv8 is good, but I’m not sure anybody has that kind of skill! Compass Box is very transparent with the information on their blends. All you have to do is go to their website. [emoji3]
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Marekv8 is good, but I’m not sure anybody has that kind of skill! Compass Box is very transparent with the information on their blends. All you have to do is go to their website. emoji3.png

Certainly a skill I aspire to developing— exactly why I try to buy indie bottlings of most key component/dressing malts to get a handle on their style in purest form. 

• I like it 2

On 10/3/2019 at 5:40 PM, kevinbrink said:

I’m pretty sure that I saw the 10th Anniversary bottle in San Francisco today— so it may be around.

• I like it 1

On 10/4/2019 at 5:33 AM, beasled said:

This was on sale at just under £60 (£70 elsewhere). Let me know if I should grab another ;) 

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I’m pretty sure that I saw the 10th Anniversary bottle in San Francisco today— so it may be around.

I'll have to look around for it over here then, thanks to you both

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Certainly a skill I aspire to developing— exactly why I try to buy indie bottlings of most key component/dressing malts to get a handle on their style in purest form. 

Great advice! 

I did know that Glaser shares everything transparently; I just choose to believe that the kind Mr. Marekv8 really is just that good. 

Prost!!

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Guss West said:

Great advice! 

I did know that Glaser shares everything transparently; I just choose to believe that the kind Mr. Marekv8 really is just that good. 

Prost!!

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt-- but I've got years of work to do.

Two committee releases in a year— I’m starting to question their Supermotives...

E84BF820-6EB0-400C-9581-9DE8B6D75C14.thumb.jpeg.99bed7e9975990041a8294edddb9e243.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.