What Water of Life Did You Purchase - Spring/Summer 2019

jeffrey r
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last pick-up from New York. My understanding is that this is a blended/vatted malt-- although it's not stated on this front label (2014 bottling) as it is on the European versions I've seen. I assume the absence of the term SINGLE is all they needed to comply. No idea of the malt components as I think Ben Nevis is Nikka's only distillery holding in Scotland.

216793522_IMG_30561.thumb.jpg.5f7748c31f449dae5edbb7ed473fe7b2.jpg

This one is bottled at 40% and sure to be on the sweet/overtly palatable side, but hopefully interesting… and at least it's got an age statement.

IMG_3016.thumb.jpg.4ab6cd52faab16ced48a84de508bdeaf.jpg

What makes u think it will be on the sweet side ?
Shouldn’t it be spicy and oaky with a cuve cask?

I’m not expecting the need for a “Dude... Sweet” tattoo, but it depends on the volume of previous content sloshing around in said cask. 

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Last pick-up from New York. My understanding is that this is a blended/vatted malt-- although it's not stated on this front label (2014 bottling) as it is on the European versions I've seen. I assume the absence of the term SINGLE is all they needed to comply. No idea of the malt components as I think Ben Nevis is Nikka's only distillery holding in Scotland.

216793522_IMG_30561.thumb.jpg.5f7748c31f449dae5edbb7ed473fe7b2.jpg

Did you pick that up at your usual spot in NY? I had my eye on that one as well a few months back.

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Did you pick that up at your usual spot in NY? I had my eye on that one as well a few months back.

Yes, it was quite the entertaining experience last night. It’s on the shelf next to the G&M Cask Strength Ardmore. I’ll let you know how it is after the weekend.

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.