Jump to content
CardsandBourbon

What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

Recommended Posts

GTStagg

There was just one bottle of ECBP B519 hiding in plain sight next to his 94 proof brothers at TW today. It was a no brainer as I had a $25 rewards coupon to cash in. Uncorked it immediately when I got home and set up a blind with a StaggJR. Will post in the drinking thread.

ECBP B519.jpg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Dave

How do you like the Elijah?

 

Uncle Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whiskeythink.com
19 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Went for a drive yesterday. South first, then west. Looked at a lot of stuff, but didn’t find anything for the house or yard. Of course we stopped at a few liquor stores along the way. Passed on everything till we got to Fulton Illinois. Stopped in to say hi to Brad at Eagle River Liquors, and bought........................yet another Weller SR. What can I say? ;)

 

 

Biba! Joe

Fulton IL - that's where the rye is grown for Cody Rye from Mississippi River Distillery. Had a barrel pick of it years ago...lotsa spiced tangerine notes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe
2 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Fulton IL - that's where the rye is grown for Cody Rye from Mississippi River Distillery. Had a barrel pick of it years ago...lotsa spiced tangerine notes!

Yep.

 

There is a actual working windmill in Fulton. Once upon a time, they used to grind the grain used in products from Cody Road. Not sure what happened, but that is no longer the case. :mellow:

 

Biba! Joe

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTStagg
2 hours ago, Uncle Dave said:

How do you like the Elijah?

 

Uncle Dave

Love it. Great sipper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
13 hours ago, fosmith said:

Totally agree.  I've never had a Booker's I didn't like.  But the flavor profile can and does vary from batch to batch (just like with Sjr. and ECBP) and it's interesting to explore those differences.  That's what makes me want to try them all.  But there's no reason to stock up on any single batch since there's always another good one down the road...

Only reason to stock up is a good price, Booker's has been my favorite regularly available bourbon for a very long time and when the price hike was anounced I bought a case of 2014-7 for $45 a pop, think I have three left. A little over a year ago I found a store with one of the named batches (Dot's batch I think?) for $55 and I bought the three bottles they had. At this point I have enough Booker's to last the rest of my life I think, but I can't say I wouldn't buy a bottle if I found a good deal....

Edited by kevinbrink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
raymoall

Picked up a couple favorites...a WTKS PS and a BT PS

 

Have a regular WTKS open, so good excuse for a SBS.

 

 

1D96F0E9-A348-4BFE-8F0D-9A03C0EE25EC.jpeg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BDanner

Today I picked up my Hurricane Readiness Kit before the ABCs closed for the storm...Hunkered down and ready.

IMG_7425.jpg

  • I like it 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
foster016

Ended up going with EW White Label from Binnys.  Nothing else caught my eye.

  • I like it 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OnyourMark
9 hours ago, foster016 said:

Ended up going with EW White Label from Binnys.  Nothing else caught my eye.

This is one of my favorites!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mako254

1D463B24-1B6E-4156-B5AF-4042447BA837.jpeg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioyada

I guess you can say I had a “Taylor” made kind of day.  Was excited to get the notice earlier today that something was waiting on me to pick it up. The BP was a surprise I was not expecting   

 

 

 

9F50F5E7-8E23-4A51-9EF2-09C6C28F97AE.jpeg

  • I like it 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JSpartan

Added a new RRSiB Binny’s pick yesterday. Looking forward to trying this one soon. 

59C50EC7-7398-4B52-9988-D879457D6E1F.jpeg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
foster016
30 minutes ago, JSpartan said:

Added a new RRSiB Binny’s pick yesterday. Looking forward to trying this one soon. 

59C50EC7-7398-4B52-9988-D879457D6E1F.jpeg

Let me know how it is!  I had it in my hand yesterday but didn't pull the trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JSpartan
3 hours ago, foster016 said:

Let me know how it is!  I had it in my hand yesterday but didn't pull the trigger.

The same barrel? I think they had 4 different ones to choose from. The tasting notes on this barrel #35 seemed right up my alley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clueby

Not me, but a coworker picked up a Rock Hill Farms yesterday for $100. He was excited to find it for that price and jumped at it  :huh:

He said it was the same price he paid for one last year and they are the only two times he has ever seen it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam777

Bought a couple store picks at my Local. Can’t wait to try the eagle rare as the people were talking it up. $39.99 and $64.99 for the bottle and big bottle. A little more in price but it goes to our local vet center. I’m keeping the big boy but giving the other bottle to a fellow vet. Cheers!

44AA0F8B-12A1-4376-A487-F710B671DE3E.jpeg

  • I like it 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTStagg
19 hours ago, Radioyada said:

I guess you can say I had a “Taylor” made kind of day.  Was excited to get the notice earlier today that something was waiting on me to pick it up. The BP was a surprise I was not expecting   

 

 

 

9F50F5E7-8E23-4A51-9EF2-09C6C28F97AE.jpeg

Amaranth and BP! Gotta admit I am a bit jealous.

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bob_Loblaw
14 hours ago, JSpartan said:

The same barrel? I think they had 4 different ones to choose from. The tasting notes on this barrel #35 seemed right up my alley. 

I'd like to hear your thoughts as well.  Just saw 3 different ones.  I have a $10 off coupon that is only good for tomorrow so may go pull the trigger then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
foster016
42 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I'd like to hear your thoughts as well.  Just saw 3 different ones.  I have a $10 off coupon that is only good for tomorrow so may go pull the trigger then.

I'm thinking of using the coupon for the same thing tomorrow.  I didn't know they had 4 different barrels.  I stopped into the Lakeview location and they only had one of them on the shelf.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
foster016

Decided to grab ECBP (Batch B519) for $65.  Working on a few other bottles before opening it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bob_Loblaw
21 hours ago, Radioyada said:

I guess you can say I had a “Taylor” made kind of day.  Was excited to get the notice earlier today that something was waiting on me to pick it up. The BP was a surprise I was not expecting   

 

 

 

9F50F5E7-8E23-4A51-9EF2-09C6C28F97AE.jpeg

Very Nice!  About time we are starting to see these bottles hit!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bob_Loblaw
45 minutes ago, foster016 said:

Decided to grab ECBP (Batch B519) for $65.  Working on a few other bottles before opening it up.

Was this also from Binny's?  I hope not as the last one I got from them (also B519) was $55 and it would be annoying if they raised the price!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
foster016
2 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Was this also from Binny's?  I hope not as the last one I got from them (also B519) was $55 and it would be annoying if they raised the price!

Nope, not from Binny's.  Actually grabbed it at a liquor store in the South Loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JSpartan
4 hours ago, Adam777 said:

Bought a couple store picks at my Local. Can’t wait to try the eagle rare as the people were talking it up. $39.99 and $64.99 for the bottle and big bottle. A little more in price but it goes to our local vet center. I’m keeping the big boy but giving the other bottle to a fellow vet. Cheers!

44AA0F8B-12A1-4376-A487-F710B671DE3E.jpeg

I’ll be driving through the area on my way back to the MSU football game next weekend. Will these picks be gone by then? Eagle Rare picks are some of my favorites and that is very cool that it goes towards a good cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...