Jump to content

What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019


This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Recommended Posts

My shopping season has begun.  Found HM10 = $37, CEHT SiB = $70, W12 Liter = $50.  That's @ 20% more than I've ever spent for these bottles. 
I'm happy to find my some of my favorites again.
Cheers
IMG_1605.thumb.jpg.7d80dd72623b6bc616161289a1db70ef.jpg

Actually, I think a 1L Weller 12 for $50 isn’t too bad at all in the current bourbon craze environment!
  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • HoustonNit

    33

  • Bob_Loblaw

    28

  • kevinbrink

    26

  • lcpfratn

    24

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got back from Japan a few nights ago. Here's the final tally of booty.

As they say.  Good things come to those who stand in line and get their number drawn.  Well that's not really what they say but . . . anyway, I got my number called today and brought home a bottle of

Left my event early to seek out a bottle of Blanton’s for gifting, started a conversation and ended up leaving without it. $254.00 for the trio— still somewhat in shock.       

Posted Images

Weird group, mostly for gifting prior to hitting the airport — as I’ve passed the threshold for what I can bring home on Delta. I needed the #3 Blade and Bow key to complete my set in advance of my visit later this week. 

 

6E072DC3-C974-400B-B687-250FC6270991.thumb.jpeg.eab43ae147bb3c3cedbb9c6596976ab4.jpeg

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
IMO, the Elijah Craig hand grenades are a perfect example of why more distilleries should offer special bottles in smaller sizes to us bourbon geeks. There's no age statement on this whiskey and the price certainly isn't anything to brag about (especially for a NAS bourbon), but it's different, it's high proof, and the packaging is spectacular. I bought one last year and liked it enough to pick up a couple more this year while down for the Sampler. $29.99 for a 200ml bottle may seem a bit much, but it's a low enough price that it makes it accessible to most anyone who wants something unique.

I buy at least one EC grenade every time I’m in Bardstown!
  • I like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Weird group, mostly for gifting prior to hitting the airport — as I’ve passed the threshold for what I can bring home on Delta. I needed the #3 Blade and Bow key to complete my set in advance of my visit later this week. 

 

6E072DC3-C974-400B-B687-250FC6270991.thumb.jpeg.eab43ae147bb3c3cedbb9c6596976ab4.jpeg

Is blade and blow offering an incentive for having all of the keys?   Last I checked at the distillery in the spring they were not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Used a portion of my Birthday Bonus from work to pick up these two. I've been balking at paying the price for what is basically a Single Barrel version of 101, but finally pulled the trigger. This is a private selection for my local ABC chosen by Eddie Russell. Barrel #18-0007 from Whse K Rick #3. As a side note, whoever made the decision to change the KS bottle should be fired IMMEDIATELY. The biggest downgrade in packaging that I can remember. Going to save this bottle and make it my WT decanter. Can't even think of a close 2nd. The GOT Lagavulin 9yr just made it to NC. Took a flyer on it because the Lag16 is my favorite non-American whiskey.

IMG_7469.jpg

  • I like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 5:19 AM, geclbxf said:

Is blade and blow offering an incentive for having all of the keys?   Last I checked at the distillery in the spring they were not.

Yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BDanner said:

As a side note, whoever made the decision to change the KS bottle should be fired IMMEDIATELY. The biggest downgrade in packaging that I can remember. Going to save this bottle and make it my WT decanter. Can't even think of a close 2nd. 

IMG_7469.jpg

Your evaluation of the new vs the old bottle for WTKS is exactly the same as mine, BDanner ... and your salvaging the one in the pic is an idea I have had as well.    Tossed out a few; but this last one (nearly empty now) will be a decanter for some Turkey distillate... or mixture thereof.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TehRegion219 said:

image.jpg

How is it? Their last couple OF picks were really good (Binny's Women & Whisky Hotline), but I passed on this in favor of a bunch of their RR picks.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foster016 said:

MMCS @ $40 & EWBiB @ $17, en lieu of the last bottle, that lasted less than a week.

“Atta boy Luther!”  ;)

 

Biba! Joe

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fanostra said:

How is it? Their last couple OF picks were really good (Binny's Women & Whisky Hotline), but I passed on this in favor of a bunch of their RR picks.

I’ve yet to finish the first  bottle I opened a few months ago. That one is good to me, good enough to make me get a backup.... although this one is from different barrel, warehouse. 

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

I’ve yet to finish the first  bottle I opened a few months ago. That one is good to me, good enough to make me get a backup.... although this one is from different barrel, warehouse. 

I've liked most of the BF products I have tried.  Did have a Single Barrel store pick that I enjoyed, but preferred the Signature at 100 proof and a much lower price point.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beasled said:

20190913_135801.jpg

 

Go ahead - why don't you break my heart a little bit more????   Oh wait - it's only a 700ml bottle!  Never mind.   ?

 

  • I like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

 

Go ahead - why don't you break my heart a little bit more????   Oh wait - it's only a 700ml bottle!  Never mind.   ?

 

 

True it's only 700ml, but for all the 700mls I could get here I could sure make up those missing 50s... ;)

 

  • I like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did pretty good at a whiskey event held at our local liquor store.  Just missed out on Weller full proof. I was hoping to have the chance to form my own opinion on that one.  Not shown but I also picked up a single barrel Elijah Craig 12 year personal selection. This is the first Weller 107 I have seen with the gold foil and cork in local stores.

20190913_165700.jpg

  • I like it 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Gift shop fodder...

 

 

So Lux Row, blended 2 barrels the exact same age and called it..Double barrel aged?

Edited by Phil T
Link to post
Share on other sites

After being really knocked out by a 1792 Full Proof from my bunker that I shared with a friend, set out today to grab some more.  Motored north from the Land of Lincoln to Total Wine in Greenfield, WI.  Picked up  one of three remaining bottle of their 1792 FP Store Pick at 37.99 and a WT Rye 101 for 32.99.  Those are both a good deal less than they cost back over the border. ...Also put some Rum in the trunk.  Total Wine carries Doorly's and they had the XO for 16.99 (steal) and I hadda get another Doorly's 12 cause that's nuts too for 23.99.   Beautiful day for a drive and a nice long chat with my better half. Who knew our (late) 50's would be so much fun?  

  • I like it 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a bottle of OGD BIB today.  Can't really drink it for a few days, as I am on a round of antibiotics.  It sure smells good though :D  Looking forward to sampling it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC
4 hours ago, macdad said:

Bought a bottle of OGD BIB today.  Can't really drink it for a few days, as I am on a round of antibiotics.  It sure smells good though :D  Looking forward to sampling it!

LEAVE MY OGD BIB ALONE!  THAT IS MINE!!!  I LIVE ON THAT SHELF DAMMIT!!  Squire and I don't need no competition.  Life is tough enough without interlopers laying their hands on our stuff!!

 

Just saying.  BTW, after you taste it, let me know what you think.B)  Couple years ago, Paddy actually used it as a VBT and talked about what a good mixer it was.  Truth be told, until I read that post, I'd NEVER mixed it with anything except the occasional ice cube but only on Summer mornings.:blink:

 

In other words, it is not half bad.:D

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.