2019 PHC announced

Jazz June
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 minutes ago, Spade said:

You all told someone to open a bottle that hadn't been purchased and then act like that's not weird. Get a grip dudes.

Did you completely miss my post above? Who needs to get a grip?

3 minutes ago, flahute said:

Did you completely miss my post above? Who needs to get a grip?

I was referring to the manifestos and virtual high fives that resulted from them. Your post was very helpful!

Many of us in that certain demographic have a hard time getting a grip. Ya know, with arthritis and such

• I like it 5

Back to topic.  I got to try this recently and did not care for it very much.  I will admit that it did taste very unique (can't think of stuff quite like it), but I simply didn't like it too much.  Will see when I get back to it in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 5:38 PM, geclbxf said:

So, I bought this yesterday, and shared with some friends today during the first NFL game.   We liked but didn't love it.   Very heavy char on the palate.   The finish with the brown sugar and molasses is great.   I am not sure it is worth the MSRP, I would not be another bottle for the same price.   Much better than the orange forward PHC from 2018 however.   The fun was in the tasting we did.

(I deleted some of the original post that appeared here as I’m using an iPad and ergo typing with my thumb and thought I needed practice at editing.  I did ok. H in WDC) Cheers (typed the op)

IMG_1582.jpg

Nice albeit brief notes, geclbxf, and told me what I needed to know - high char combined with brown sugar/molasses dominate.  I prefer low char with caramel, so thanks.  I can pass this.  Did you detect any undertones?  Like, what’s the mint level?  Post some more Notes if you can.  And don’t limit yourself to PHCs.  I’d like to hear your thoughts on some bourbons of lessor pedigree.

H

I just revisited again at your suggestion of a few more notes, that combined with a challenging day = good idea.

I don't get the mint you mention, and I must say I like the pour more today than I did initially almost a month ago.    I really get some citrus notes today after the char, and then some vanilla before the big spicy finish and of course the bread smell I get form most ryes.    Liked this pour even more the 2nd time.

As for other bourbons, how about some ryes since we started with PHC rye - OF is my fav value drinker of the last 12 months, and have come across some baby Saz that I really like in my old fashioned.   My wife is enjoying Minor Case with me as a an everyday value pour recently too - love the Sherry Cask finish.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.