What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Um, were you watching the same game I was?  I'm pretty sure OU won by beating Baylor (whom I was slightly favoring because I like bears).  Haven't seen an OU game that good since (1) the Sooner Schooner got stuck in the mud and (2) they beat the snot out of Nebraska back in the early 1970s.

I actually listened to it on the radio while driving a 26' moving truck down the road!

I actually meant I'm not terribly optimistic about their chances in the playoff. For whatever reason it seems like Hurts has 2 turnovers in every big game this year. OU has very few takeaways this year. I'm not sure they can keep that up and beat LSU, Ohio St, or Clemson. 

Off thread - CLIMSIN.  I heard of it.  Tigers.

On thread - RE: Weller FP.  I swear I have NEVER seen one of these before in my life.  EVER.  Even in pictures.

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I actually listened to it on the radio while driving a 26' moving truck down the road!

I actually meant I'm not terribly optimistic about their chances in the playoff. For whatever reason it seems like Hurts has 2 turnovers in every big game this year. OU has very few takeaways this year. I'm not sure they can keep that up and beat LSU, Ohio St, or Clemson. 

If he has one less turnover, OU is looking good.  If he has two less, it's a lock.  Of course, I know doodly squat about college football.  Haven't bid on a game since Army-Navy 1967.  I won a Navy bathrobe.

9 minutes ago, DRAMachine said:

Leafs 5 - 2 Blues

Cheers from the North!

?

on another topic, what the heck kind of party are you having???

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

26 minutes ago, 0895 said:

?

on another topic, what the heck kind of party are you having???

The party to end all parties baby!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Off thread - CLIMSIN.  I heard of it.  Tigers.

On thread - RE: Weller FP.  I swear I have NEVER seen one of these before in my life.  EVER.  Even in pictures.

I thought it was Clempsun...   :D

Early Times BIB to finish this evening.

I'm going to blow this thread wide open. I had a heavily iced RR 10yr tonight at our first holiday party. ? :ph34r:

• I like it 1

A big fat pour of the BC Willett 16yr to celebrate the Ohio State Big 10 Championship. I know that @Phil T is celebrating with me.

Continuing the Buckeye victory celebration with a monster bottle kill pour of GTS '18. I may regret how big this pour is.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

The past 2 days my brother and I have driven 1,200 miles, loaded all our Mom's belongings in a truck, and got her moved to STL. During that time everything that needed to happen in order for the Sooners to make the playoff have happened. I'm not terribly optimistic about their chances, but nonetheless I'm having a relaxing celebratory pour. 

20191207_192155.jpg

I see your OU celebration pour and raise you an OU Big 12 Champions pour. ?

Rare Breed W-T-01-99. I have been saving this for a special occasion. 

Boomer!

IMG_3736.JPG

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, ThomasGazelle said:

Finished off one of the best bottles I have had all year.

A5B59D4B-A9E7-4512-B062-0E35335AA89E.jpeg

Such a great pour. I love the EWSiB line.  Congrats on finding a good barrel. 

Cheers

I too raise a glass to celebrate Oklahoma's victory today. 5 straight conference titles, well done Sooners!

20191208_001852_001.jpg

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, flahute said:

I may regret how big this pour is.

This statement lacks your usual high degree of credibility.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Just realized you were talking about LSU not Clemson.

Yeah.  I was hoping for a Clemson loss, but not expecting one.

11 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I am from the GREAT COLD NORTH.  Climsin is what it sounds like to me when I hear it spoken about on TV by their usually overwhelmed opponents.  BUT, from now on I call it Clempsun.:oB)

12 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

You are correct sir. It’s certainly not Clem-zun as some broadcasters say. I’m looking forward to the next castration of the tree testicles from Ohio. :D

3 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

This statement lacks your usual high degree of credibility.

I did not regret it but I did sleep REALLY well.

• I like it 2

39 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

You are correct sir. It’s certainly not Clem-zun as some broadcasters say. I’m looking forward to the next castration of the tree testicles from Ohio. :D

That’s Ahiya...  :D

• I like it 1

Out to brunch with the wife, and saw they had a bottle of the EH Taylor AGOG at the bar. I have been wanting to try it, and am very glad I did. It is a very good and unique drink, definitely the Taylor line with a twist of new flavors. 

6693AEFE-54BE-4A58-9C5F-92E397CC85EF.jpeg

• I like it 1

Having a store pick of B&T BP 11y. This is a very good pick. I haven’t poured a glass in a few moons. 
7E1A3CEB-A5D8-4E8B-A649-4D2C1FA1456C.thumb.jpeg.1ffc64aea25cb5f8ef01a8c7876aa8bb.jpeg

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:44 AM, marshall9779 said:

My son turned 4 yesterday. Celebrated with this after a morning at the movies seeing Frozen II and an evening at Chuck E. Cheese.
IMG_3786.jpg

Happy Birthday to your son. If I had to go to Chuck E. Cheeses, I'd have to drink.....anything!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.