Jump to content

What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)


CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Recommended Posts

Some EJC 12 earlier this evening, and now ending the day with EJC 18, barreled in April 1990. I paid $35 for this, if memory serves.

 

Pat

 

 

EJC 18 back.jpg

EJC 18 front.jpg

Edited by Patrick_OKC
  • I like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • HoustonNit

    59

  • marshall9779

    55

  • flahute

    47

  • StarSurfer55

    37

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just found out earlier this week that my brother-in-law has ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease). So tonight he wanted to sit by a fire. So I pulled out a Pappy 20y to share with him.   

A friend had lost his wife to cancer a few days ago, and to give him a little pick-me-up I told him at the funeral parlor I'd stop by his home with a couple nice Bourbons to raise in her honor after s

Had a little tasting today at the Loch & K(e)y Society.     A pre-game photo to get fishinbowljoe's heartbeat up and running, eyes dilated, and breathing heavy.     ?    

Posted Images

On 12/6/2019 at 7:29 PM, Vosgar said:

Back into my 2013 OFBB tonight and man, this is outstanding whiskey! When it comes to Old Forester, their bourbon is kind of hit or miss with me but this one is excellent.

The 2013 is one of my all-time favorites. Left a few on the shelf back then and still regret it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Some EJC 12 earlier this evening, and now ending the day with EJC 18, barreled in April 1990. I paid $35 for this, if memory serves.

 

Pat

 

 

EJC 18 back.jpg

EJC 18 front.jpg

I'm not necessarily a bottle guy, but the EC18 bottle just looks super sharp. 

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

The 2013 is one of my all-time favorites. Left a few on the shelf back then and still regret it. 

As a general rule, I like Old Forester, and I really liked OFBB 2013. I have one left, and will open it soon. I could never understand why SKU and LAWS gave it a D rating. Different strokes, I guess.

 

Pat

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm either having a great palate night or else this freshly cracked Baker's smb is maybe the best one I've ever had (and I've had a few)

  • I like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marekv8 said:

First pour from a bottle that literally arrived at the hotel when I did— a good omen...

How is it?  Worth the hype? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting the weekend with the last pour of a bottle of OF Statesmen. I don’t love the bottle as I’m not a rabid fan of the Brown Forman house style but it is a very well constructed bourbon. I feel that it’s overlooked due to the movie tie in.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fosmith said:

How is it?  Worth the hype? 

I thought it quite nice— perfect proof and far more mysterious (less dull) than the standard ETL. Of course everything is better when at my favorite bar and poured by a bartender that calls me “Baby” and sends me Christmas cards (much to my wife’s chagrin).

  • I like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Of course everything is better when at my favorite bar and poured by a bartender that calls me “Baby” and sends me Christmas cards (much to my wife’s chagrin).

Veddy cool!  So what’s his name?  ?

 

Just kidding!  Veddy jelly you’ve got to have a snort or 3 of the ETL100.  Haven’t seen or heard of any here in the Bay Area...... ? ?

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

A little W12 in the glass and John McClane, Hans and the Nakatomi Plaza on the television.
 

Ahhh, my second favorite Christmas movie... behind A Christmas Story.   Not a bad pour either!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahhh, my second favorite Christmas movie... behind A Christmas Story.   Not a bad pour either!


I’m old school I actually like It’s A Wonderful Life.
  • I like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC

SB Blend (1:1::W12:OWA) batched 30 DEC 2017 and refurbished (when half full) DEC 2018.  I am finishing it off this weekend and will do up a new batch the first week of Jan 2020.

 

Funny about this - I refurbished (i.e., put about a 1/4 addition into a half full bottle) because it became a little bland/flat.  About an inch remains in a bulbous OWA bottle, and the first sip was like drinking Calvados although the proof is a bit higher than I like my apple brandies, but it had a ton of fruit so I decided to consume the whole inch.  Uh, maybe wheatberry?????;)

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
ThomasGazelle
10 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

A little W12 in the glass and John McClane, Hans and the Nakatomi Plaza on the television.

IMG_8545.jpg

Welcome to the party, pal. -J McLane

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

 


I’m old school I actually like It’s A Wonderful Life.

 

Not as many laughs, and a bit heavy on the 'schmaltz'; but certainly a worthy classic.    ...Or maybe the original Miracle on 34th Street... Or the Reginald Owen version of A Christmas Carol....   All worth the revisitation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a Weller Family Christmas card photo for all y'all (especially fishnbowljoe).

 

 

20191221_083508.jpg

 

Ok, ok - true confessions time:

 

1.  The "paper-label" OWA107 bottle contains the SB.com blend.

 

2.  The W. L. Weller Centennial bottle contains "Joe's 2018 Weller Blend" (as my homage to fishnbowljoe).

 

3.  I DO have the squat (older) bottles of WSR, OWA107, and W12 but they're buried in the bunker.  I also have open bottles of more Wellers on the bar.

 

4.  The middle (open) bottle of WLW is the 2015 140.2pf that is very sparingly shared with good friends who would appreciate it!

 

Enjoy,

F.

8-)

 

Edited by GeeTen
Confessional Additions
  • I like it 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GeeTen said:

Here's a Weller Family Christmas card photo for all y'all (especially fishnbowljoe?

 

 

20191221_083508.jpg

Nice photo Gee. I was particularly taken with the Wegmans chocolate container in the background.  They up in the Boston area? I've never really had a fondness for grocery stores but I have to admit I have a mancrush on Wegmans. The bourbon looks nice too.  :) 

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Here's a Weller Family Christmas card photo for all y'all (especially fishnbowljoe?

 

 

20191221_083508.jpg

Love that single barrel Centennial. 

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Nice photo Gee. I was particularly taken with the Wegmans chocolate container in the background.  They up in the Boston area? I've never really had a fondness for grocery stores but I have to admit I have a mancrush on Wegmans. The bourbon looks nice too.  :) 

 

Thanks - we actually have six (6) Wegman's stores in the Boston area now.  Was first introduced to them in Ithaca, NY when daughter #2 was matriculating at Cornell's Hotel School.  Boy did we spend a ton of money there for her.   ?

 

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Love that single barrel Centennial. 

 

Please see "True Confessions" in the edited OP above.  I feel so  . . . . . . .  dirty.   ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

 

Thanks - we actually have six (6) Wegman's stores in the Boston area now.  Was first introduced to them in Ithaca, NY when daughter #2 was matriculating at Cornell's Hotel School.  Boy did we spend a ton of money there for her.   ?

 

Do they sell liquor in the Boston stores? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Do they sell liquor in the Boston stores? 

 

In 5 out of the 6, yes.  ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.