Maker's Mark...good bourbon or gimmick?

joe1974
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There are others that I like just as much, some better... but the stores I visit don't always carry them. They always have Maker's.

If makers mark bourbon was in a "old fitz/pappy/willett bottle people would be falling all over themselves to wax on about the perfection in that bottle. Haha

If makers mark bourbon was in a "old fitz/pappy/willett bottle people would be falling all over themselves to wax on about the perfection in that bottle. Haha

I've long maintained if they had kept the Old Fitzgerald line going using Makers whisky most consumers wouldn't have noticed a difference.

I enjoy MM regularly and will continue to. I've got a MMCS and will probably buy another. It does its job and I'm fine with that.

Picked up my first bottle of Makers 46 today (which joins regular MM and MMCS on the shelf) and looking forward to sampling it tonight while watching the All-Star game.

Picked up my first bottle of Makers 46 today (which joins regular MM and MMCS on the shelf) and looking forward to sampling it tonight while watching the All-Star game.

Good idea, I might join you. I have only had 1 or two bottles and that was over last winter so I went downstairs and grabbed one of the three I have bunkered from my IN trip.

Just to point out a possible reason that 'bar pour' didn't come up to snuff.... It may have been adulterated; or may not even MM. I know, Iknow. ..."Poured directly from the bottle; I saw it!" However, there are unscrupulous bar owners/tenders who cheat like the devil just to make extra cheddar off unsuspecting patrons. ...Just sayin'........:bigeyes:

Normally I would agree with that. But, this bar has only been open for a week. A co-worker opened it and asked me what bourbon/scotch she should have available that is a bit more upscale and readily available...... and that she could sell at a decent rate and price. MM was one of the bourbons I told her about. I know the bottle was new. I just didn't care for it at all.

I just finished a 750 of the standard and I will replace it. is the 46 worth the extra or no?

I am loving the 46 tonight but I got 3 of em recently on sale in IN for $20 so I am not sure it is worth the premium.

I might get a 46 next time at the store I go to most often. Rarely I see Makers products onsale around here. But I can hope!

46 runs at $80 a bottle here in Australia (approx. $60 US).... To me it's worth every cent, but I sure wish I could get it for $20... or $30... or $40 :)

Edited by camduncan

I came to really appreciate the bottle of 46 I had. I'll replace it eventually.

46 runs at $80 a bottle here in Australia (approx. $60 US).... To me it's worth every cent, but I sure wish I could get it for $20... or $30... or $40 :)

I am loving the 46 tonight but I got 3 of em recently on sale in IN for $20 so I am not sure it is worth the premium.

wow, 46 at $20... that's a steal. I usually see it for around $30 at the lowest. usually around $35.

I feel MM, MM46, & MMCS are all good bourbons and not gimmicks. I just enjoy it a whole lot more when I haven't had it in awhile. It's just not an everyday pour for me and I've never bunkered any.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.